Southampton

Andrew Flintoff

The Board concluded that an administrator had been appointed in respect of the Club or part of its undertaking or assets. Accordingly, it was left with no alternative other than to invoke its 'Sporting Sanctions' regulations and apply a 10 point penalty to the Club. The other provisions of The League's insolvency policy also become effective.

As the insolvency event occurred after The Football League's deadline of the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction will take effect either:

1.In the current season, if Southampton avoid relegation to League 1;

or

2.next season, if the club does not avoid relegation.

Basically they have to hope they stay up this season. They will still be relegated but at least they will start on zero points

In the immortal words of Wacky. Thick as mince.

Basically they have to hope they stay up this season. They will still be relegated but at least they will start on zero points

aye, not sure they'll be able to kick on though burnley at home next which they will need to win by a good margin to have a realistic shot at surviving and thats not very likely in itself then they are playing Notts at home who are currently just a little bit above them and once again, anything less than a convincing win and they are done

hes right you muppet, what better situation could they hope for?

My mates old man works at St Mary's as stadium maintenance manager. After Saturday's home game he reckons thats it for the Saints......theoretically no more income till August for a club in administration and living from hand to mouth as we speak now means this is the end of Southampton F.C. Am no financial expert so don't know how accurate this is but it doesn't look good.

:nufc:

Misread that as they will not be punished if they go down.

Apologies to J69. The sentiment still stands though.

:(

Undone by your own stupidity again Daniel? :nufc:

I know its bitterness brought on by all them defeats but I certainly won't shed any tears.

I wouldn't wish it on any club, even the Mackems.

Agreed. Bad craic.

Guest Stevie

You're so fucking dense.

FWIW I'm pleased, long travel, we couldn't win there for years, Matt Le Tissier always talks about us in derogatory terms, The Dell was a shithole, and I can't think of less passionate footballing crowd down the years

You're so fucking dense.

FWIW I'm pleased, long travel, we couldn't win there for years, Matt Le Tissier always talks about us in derogatory terms, The Dell was a shithole, and I can't think of less passionate footballing crowd down the years

How many clubs have you actually said this about? :(

I never claimed to be brains of Britain TBH.

Guest Stevie

You're so fucking dense.

How many clubs have you actually said this about? :)

You always mis-use :( which I think devalues it. Someone like Alex or particularly MancMag in all fairness to him can use it really well, but you can't because you're a wank.

This points deduction thing is bollocks in my opinion.

At the end of the day the directors who dont care for a club can walk away while the fans have to put up with it for life. Luton Town for example were deducted 30 points for their finances. They have been bought out now so all the twats that got them in trouble have disappeared leaving the fans with non-league football.

Guest Stevie

I never claimed to be brains of Britain TBH.

Just as well

You're so fucking dense.

How many clubs have you actually said this about? :)

You always mis-use :( which I think devalues it. Someone like Alex or particularly MancMag in all fairness to him can use it really well, but you can't because you're a wank.

You always mis-use the word 'wank'. It's a verb. How can somebody be a verb. It's like me calling you a walk. Or a jump.

At the end of the day the directors who dont care for a club can walk away while the fans have to put up with it for life. Luton Town for example were deducted 30 points for their finances. They have been bought out now so all the twats that got them in trouble have disappeared leaving the fans with non-league football.

I sort of agree but is there a better solution? It seems unfair on sides who are sensible with their finances if those that spend wildly and end up in this situation aren't punished.

To be fair I remember some pretty fiery atmospheres down the Dell.

They hated us for some reason, even before we had Hoddle and Richards off them.

glad they are down though, Lowe called us North London Yobbos when we had Hoddle off them and then a couple of years later they did the exact same thing to Plymouth with Sturrock.

Stark warning to what can happen if relegated teams dont bounce straight back though :nufc:

I sort of agree but is there a better solution? It seems unfair on sides who are sensible with their finances if those that spend wildly and end up in this situation aren't punished.

The system in place now is stop the clubs from going bust but at the same time deducting points which can actually send teams spiraling down divisions might end up with the same result.