Make Monday night Black and White night

Jimbo

There's surely more than 1000 fans sitting in the Leazes Corner though, isn't there? Probably won't be my bit, so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Always good to see Graeme Danby though, and he's bound to get the crowd going, especially under the floodlights.

3000, it should be the two sections nearest the away fans, cos the rest don't stand or sing.

You up in the Leazes Corner, Stevie? If so fancy meeting up so I can lace you? :aussie:

good call by the club, hopefully it get generate a good atmoshphere, especially with that gadgie singing the blaydon races before kick off.

and we did spend the scarf money man, on raylor and fat nolan.

There's surely more than 1000 fans sitting in the Leazes Corner though, isn't there? Probably won't be my bit, so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Always good to see Graeme Danby though, and he's bound to get the crowd going, especially under the floodlights.

3000, it should be the two sections nearest the away fans, cos the rest don't stand or sing.

I'm in the section of the Leazes Corner furthest from the away fans and I assure you, I stand and sing every game. Admittedly there's plenty of idiots in my bit, but some of us do make an effort.

Guest Stevie

I'm in the section of the Leazes Corner furthest from the away fans and I assure you, I stand and sing every game. Admittedly there's plenty of idiots in my bit, but some of us do make an effort.

You all sit, thats a fact, I'm two rows above the exit, second block from the away fans, and I look over and see a pocket near the back, the rest arms folded looking like they belong in the east stand. There's one ugly slapper with a mackem accent, black curly hair looks like Sid The Sexists ma but she's only my age, wandering round level 7 all through the game. That aint you is it?

Edited by Stevie

Wouldn't mind seeing a few photographs if anyone is taking a camera along on Monday, would be appreciated.

it's on the telly. :aussie:

If i had a telly... :alex:

You'd watch it in the morning, you'd watch it in the evening and all over the land.

:dunno:

You all sit, thats a fact, I'm two rows above the exit, second block from the away fans, and I look over and see a pocket near the back, the rest arms folded looking like they belong in the east stand. There's one ugly slapper with a mackem accent, black curly hair looks like Sid The Sexists ma but she's only my age, wandering round level 7 all through the game. That aint you is it?

So like I said, we don't all sit. I'm three rows from the back and there's a good chunk of us in the back three rows that stand for every game.

You're right though, most of the rows below me do sit down. For some reason we tend to get all of the tourists and screaming teenage girls in our bit. :aussie:

Love the way "standing" is so macho.

Mmmm yeah, I'm nothing if not macho :aussie:

I do think standing helps contribute to the atmosphere though. From my seat, it seems like all of the noise is coming from those who stand for most of the game. I personally prefer to stand at the match but I'll go with whatever seems to create the best atmosphere tbh...and I feel like there's more energy and noise when there's more people standing.

Guest Stevie

So like I said, we don't all sit. I'm three rows from the back and there's a good chunk of us in the back three rows that stand for every game.

You're right though, most of the rows below me do sit down. For some reason we tend to get all of the tourists and screaming teenage girls in our bit. :aussie:

Good company for yee then

So you have a go when people don't stand and sing, and when I say I stand and sing, you have a dig at me being a lass? Is there anyone who goes to the match that you don't have a problem with?

What they need to do is, hire 11 really really really fit girls, stand them in the dressing room before kick-off and have Shearer say "Right, get 3 points right here tonight, and at full time you can all have a go each on one of these lasses standing here."

That should be motivation enough. What do you think?

Guest Stevie

You're right though, most of the rows below me do sit down. For some reason we tend to get all of the tourists and screaming teenage girls in our bit. :alex:

So you have a go when people don't stand and sing, and when I say I stand and sing, you have a dig at me being a lass? Is there anyone who goes to the match that you don't have a problem with?

The kid on my left is a canny lad. Leanne I know you're a medical receptionist or something but you have to realise when people are saying things tongue in cheek. You bite too much pet :aussie:

You're right though, most of the rows below me do sit down. For some reason we tend to get all of the tourists and screaming teenage girls in our bit. :alex:

The kid on my left is a canny lad. Leanne I know you're a medical receptionist or something but you have to realise when people are saying things tongue in cheek. You bite too much pet :aussie:

I sincerely hope that bit was tongue-in-cheek, Jaws.

You're right though, most of the rows below me do sit down. For some reason we tend to get all of the tourists and screaming teenage girls in our bit. :dunno:

Hey, it's hard when every time you go the match people assume you're only there to squeal at Michael Owen/Steven Taylor/random opposition players. My automatic state is defensive these days :alex:

What they need to do is, hire 11 really really really fit girls, stand them in the dressing room before kick-off and have Shearer say "Right, get 3 points right here tonight, and at full time you can all have a go each on one of these lasses standing here."

That should be motivation enough. What do you think?

Maybe if we included a guy there to give Xisco some motivation?

Guest Stevie

You're right though, most of the rows below me do sit down. For some reason we tend to get all of the tourists and screaming teenage girls in our bit. :dunno:

Hey, it's hard when every time you go the match people assume you're only there to squeal at Michael Owen/Steven Taylor/random opposition players. My automatic state is defensive these days :alex:

That IS the default view though sadly.

That'll be us. One of the lads I go with is the one who bangs on the roof for EVERY corner and attacking free kick.

That'll be us. One of the lads I go with is the one who bangs on the roof for EVERY corner and attacking free kick.

Like Peasepud with his head when he had piles.