What would your starting 11 be this weekend ?

Man U Hater

I would go with

------------------------Harper----------------

bassong------coloccini------s.taylor--------jose enrique

gutierrez-----smith---------guthrie---------duff

---------------owen----------martins---------------

krul

nolan

viduka

beye

carroll

Certainly without Ryan Taylor and Nolan.

Lack of better options tbh.

Well, Guti, Duff & Guthrie in midfield if both Viduka and Martins are fit enough to start with Owen up front would be possible. Also depends on whether we have to play Ryan Taylor at the back if both Enrique and Steven Taylor aren't fit. But Nolan won't be anywhere near the first 11 I hope.

I agree that Nolan has been a sack of shite since arriving but hes certainly better than Nicky Butt and we need someone half decent in the tackle if we are playing three in midfield, Duff doesnt offer this, or much else IMO.

I'm sure many will disagree though.

S. Taylor and Enrique would slot right in if they were fit though of course, with R. Taylor taking a seat on the bench.

I agree that Nolan has been a sack of shite since arriving but hes certainly better than Nicky Butt and we need someone half decent in the tackle if we are playing three in midfield, Duff doesnt offer this, or much else IMO.

I'm sure many will disagree though.

S. Taylor and Enrique would slot right in if they were fit though of course, with R. Taylor taking a seat on the bench.

I get your point, and maybe we really need a player like Nolan on Monday night. I'd still prefer to start with Guthrie in the middle though, Duffer and Guti on on the left and the right. Nolan or Butt can't create anything, and we will have to against a defensive Pompey side.

Thats a load of cliched bollocks. The fact theyve had relegation experience is down to them being shit for the last 35 games of the season at another club. Just cos someone has been relegated doesnt make them a better player than someone who hasnt, its the contrary if anything

------------------------------Harper

---------Beye-------Bassong--------Edgar-------Enrique

-------------Barton---------Guthrie-------Jonas

-------------------------------Owen

-----------------------Martins------Viduka

Edited by Ketsbaia

-------------Barton---------Guthrie-------Jonas

Agree with this. If Barton isn't fit though, I'd play Duff instead, and leave Guthrie in the middle. Aslong as Nolan/Butt aren't playing.

But Viduka and Smith have been in a relegation battle like this before and so has Nolan. Good experience to have at this stage plus the fact there better players than our current other options

And how did Viduka and Smiths last relegation battle again?

Butt is shite and does nothing except slow down the movement of the ball infinitely, make shit passes, and make even worse tackles. Even worse than that he can't be arsed to run and defend as evidenced last week. He's a disgarce and I hope I never see him play again. That said I'm sure he'll yet again be in the starting 11 again for Monday's match.

Butt is shite and does nothing except slow down the movement of the ball infinitely, make shit passes, and make even worse tackles. Even worse than that he can't be arsed to run and defend as evidenced last week. He's a disgarce and I hope I never see him play again. That said I'm sure he'll yet again be in the starting 11 again for Monday's match.

I wouldnt say hes a disgrace like, just getting on now and not the player he used to be.

True, I probably was being a little harsh. Though I was personally disgusted with his efforts or lack thereof in the last match.

-------------Smith---------Barton-------Jonas

Oh yeah forgot, I would include Barton if he's fit and Smith because he can at the very least pass the ball along the ground, Martins/Viduka/barton would all probably have to be subbed as they would be blowing out their asses by the 2nd half so i would have Butt/Carrol/Duff swapping straight out, with Duff and Jonas switching sides

Edited by sandman02uk

Thats a load of cliched bollocks. The fact theyve had relegation experience is down to them being shit for the last 35 games of the season at another club. Just cos someone has been relegated doesnt make them a better player than someone who hasnt, its the contrary if anything

Well I hardly think that the players concerned are shit, these sort of games have huge added pressure and players who have been there before are gonna be able to deal with it better than those that haven't

I wouldnt say hes a disgrace like, just getting on now and not the player he used to be.

He's better than Nolen that's for sure. You have to play someone in that role and Nicky Butt is the strongest candidate whatever moan people might have about him.

The most successful attackers up front would be the combination of Viduka & Martins with Owen playing deep off them.

It doesn't seem like rocket science as far the midfield go. Despite how much as Shearer or any Newcastle fan hopes we simply don't have anybody who has any knowledge in being able to cross a ball so in my opinion we have to go a different route otherwise we are wasting valuable time on the pitch. So that leaves R. Taylor and Duff out of the picture.

So that leaves us with potentially a fit Barton, Guthrie, Jonas, Butt & Lovenkrands. Do we play three at the back? I wouldn't like to, but maybe we cold get away with it playing Butt off the back four, Barton fighting it out in midfield with Owen, Jonas and Lovenkrands to lay the ball off too.

Potential starting line-up?

............Martins.................Viduka

......................Owen

......Jonas..............Barton.....Lovenkrands

.......................Butt

...Enrique..............Bassong................Baye

............................Harper

Subs:

Krul

Edgar

Duff

Guthrie

Smith

Carroll

Ranger

Edited by Geordie Boyo

---------------------------Harper---------------------------

Beye------------Bassong----------Colo-------------Enrqiue

---Jonas-----------Barton------Gutherie------Lovenkrands

------------------------Oba----------Vid-----------------------

If enrique aint fit then play 3 Cb`s and drop Smith into a 5 man midfield. If we can only et 60 mins from Oba I would prefer him from the start tbh