Rodriguez 'to relaunch Predator'

Jimbo

Sin City director Robert Rodriguez will relaunch the Predator science fiction horror franchise with a new movie, according to trade magazine Variety.

His script for Predators will bring back the cult alien hunter introduced in the 1987 original, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Variety said.

The director is also reported to be co-directing a film based on a character featured in his 2007 movie Grindhouse.

The knife-wielding ex-policeman Machete appeared in a mock trailer in the film.

The full-length feature will see Machete intent on revenge after being wronged by a corrupt senator, Variety said.

A Predator sequel, in 1990, was followed by the crossover Alien vs Predator film in 2004 and its 2007 follow-up, Alien vs Predator: Requiem.

Could be good. A franchise which for me still has many undiscovered alleys and tunnels.

Yup. The big problem with it is they need someone like Arnie to seem reasonable next to the predator. Glover's character in P2 was ok, but would have worked much better as an Arnie type near-superhero.

Could be good. A franchise which for me still has many undiscovered alleys and tunnels.

Yup. The big problem with it is they need someone like Arnie to seem reasonable next to the predator. Glover's character in P2 was ok, but would have worked much better as an Arnie type near-superhero.

Have you ever read Concrete Jungle btw Fop? As in that it's Dutch's brother who is battling with the Predator. Fully aware I'm a nerdlinger when it comes to anything Predator or Alien related before anyone throws that at me.

Have you ever read Concrete Jungle btw Fop? As in that it's Dutch's brother who is battling with the Predator. Fully aware I'm a nerdlinger when it comes to anything Predator or Alien related before anyone throws that at me.

Yeah, a long time ago so it's a bit fuzzy, but I think that's why it works better in the comics and books than it has in film since the original.

Alreet 2J?

Took me a while but i finally acquired this beauty:

dsc01256k.th.jpg dsc01257l.th.jpg dsc01258l.th.jpg dsc01259fzw.th.jpg dsc01260r.th.jpg dsc01261u.th.jpg dsc01262z.th.jpg

Both franchises have so much potential, but nobody seems to take them in the right direction.

Predator has all the ingredients for a great horror/thriller, a silent, secretive hunter, whose abilities and equipment far outweighs the prey.

I really didn't like AvP or AvP Requiem fwiw

Alreet 2J?

Took me a while but i finally acquired this beauty:

dsc01256k.th.jpg dsc01257l.th.jpg dsc01258l.th.jpg dsc01259fzw.th.jpg dsc01260r.th.jpg dsc01261u.th.jpg dsc01262z.th.jpg

:aussie:

The next instatement should be the aliens arriving on the Predator home planet to sort them out, using them as sport and whatnot has made them very very angry.

And how would the aliens go about that then? :aussie:

The next instatement should be the aliens arriving on the Predator home planet to sort them out, using them as sport and whatnot has made them very very angry.

And how would the aliens go about that then? :aussie:

Well they're clever little fuckers aren't they. :alex: