Flu Pandemic

Lazarus

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, but you usually come across as the sort of person who does not dismiss a subject without fact or reason.

If you ever get bored and at a loss, buy one of his books (awaken the giant within) off ebay for a couple of quid and I guarantee you that after one chapter, if nothing else, you will no longer view him as "Californian pyscho-bullshit".

If you or anyone else prefers, theres also a very good audi book called get the edge on mininova.

If you read Sham: How the Self-Help Movement Made America Helpless :)

You see, that stuff doesn't appeal either ;)

Me neither. I'd never heard of the bloke. I just saw that book amongst the list of criticisms against him on Wikipedia. :D

Proper Wiki Warrior me.

:D You read a fair bit of non-fiction though, don't you irrc? Basically stuff I'd like to read in theory but can't be arsed to in practice :D (Naomi Klein, etc.).

Aye. I love that shit. About 75% of my 'to read' shelf is non-fiction. Though I still like a bit of fiction. Just read Metamorphosis last week which was funnier than I expected. Just getting towards the end of Shantaram now too. Which has been epic.

I'm reading Shantaram atm. :)

The bloke's a cock like.

"I'm greart cos i did this and that and i'm geet nails and that"

But, having said that, I've really enjoyed it the more I get into it. It's had me choked a couple of times and isn't nearly as bad as I'd feared when recommended an ex-con's biography, which I'd normally avoid like the plague.

Just remembered it's (supposedly) non-fiction too though. :D

Fair enough, but you usually come across as the sort of person who does not dismiss a subject without fact or reason.

If you ever get bored and at a loss, buy one of his books (awaken the giant within) off ebay for a couple of quid and I guarantee you that after one chapter, if nothing else, you will no longer view him as "Californian pyscho-bullshit".

If you or anyone else prefers, theres also a very good audi book called get the edge on mininova.

If you read Sham: How the Self-Help Movement Made America Helpless :)

You see, that stuff doesn't appeal either ;)

Me neither. I'd never heard of the bloke. I just saw that book amongst the list of criticisms against him on Wikipedia. :D

Proper Wiki Warrior me.

:D You read a fair bit of non-fiction though, don't you irrc? Basically stuff I'd like to read in theory but can't be arsed to in practice :D (Naomi Klein, etc.).

Aye. I love that shit. About 75% of my 'to read' shelf is non-fiction. Though I still like a bit of fiction. Just read Metamorphosis last week which was funnier than I expected. Just getting towards the end of Shantaram now too. Which has been epic.

I'm reading Shantaram atm. :)

The bloke's a cock like.

"I'm greart cos i did this and that and i'm geet nails and that"

But, having said that, I've really enjoyed it the more I get into it. It's had me choked a couple of times and isn't nearly as bad as I'd feared when recommended an ex-con's biography, which I'd normally avoid like the plague.

Just remembered it's (supposedly) non-fiction too though. :D

It was recommended to me by a very fresh blonde. :)

Were you meant to be going to Mexico? Get them to change it to the Dominican - seems to be destination of choice for people who were off to Mexico. The resort I was just at was pretty good.

Were you meant to be going to Mexico? Get them to change it to the Dominican - seems to be destination of choice for people who were off to Mexico. The resort I was just at was pretty good.

Not for another 6 weeks and they are only changing booking at no extra charge up until 22nd May just now so its just a waiting game...

Guest alex
I heat Antigua's good value after that couple were murdered (which could happen anywhere). Dominican Republic's for plebs. :rolleyes:

Says the Corfu Kid. :yahoo:

I like Corfu. Definitely depends where you go mind.

I've never been :rolleyes: It was strictly an alliteration thing.

Some memory feat too mind. I've been to a few places in the Carribean - Cancun, Jamica, St Lucia, Barbados, Bahamas (not strictly Carribean). I'd say Mexico was best and Jamica worst (too dangerous to leave the hotel). I've never been to the Dominican Republic as I'm not keen on food poisoning, street prostitiution, and being mugged. :yahoo:

Guest alex

Renton refuses to go to Greece iirc because of the shitty paper in the bin thing.

Some memory feat too mind. I've been to a few places in the Carribean - Cancun, Jamica, St Lucia, Barbados, Bahamas (not strictly Carribean). I'd say Mexico was best and Jamica worst (too dangerous to leave the hotel). I've never been to the Dominican Republic as I'm not keen on food poisoning, street prostitiution, and being mugged. :yahoo:

Are you fuck not keen on street prostitution!

Renton refuses to go to Greece iirc because of the shitty paper in the bin thing.

Went to Corfu once as Gemmill says, the toilet paper in bin thing is gross mind, and I wasn't too keen on the packs of stray rabid dogs (the canine variety, not the Essex girls). Having said that I was thinking of giving it another chance.

Come to think of it Cancun had the TP/bin thing too but I justy ignored it. :yahoo:

Guest alex

Are you fuck not keen on street prostitution!

Bad memories man. And mammaries.

Guest alex

Went to Corfu once as Gemmill says, the toilet paper in bin thing is gross mind, and I wasn't too keen on the packs of stray rabid dogs (the canine variety, not the Essex girls). Having said that I was thinking of giving it another chance.

Come to think of it Cancun had the TP/bin thing too but I justy ignored it. :yahoo:

Well if you do fancy Corfu I could recommend a couple of places although Paxos is nicer again (fly to Corfu then an hour by hydrofoil). It's what Corfu would have been like years ago on a smaller scale. I can would recommend the same apartments we went to as well. We'll definitely go back at some point. They were very well looked after with good facilities (especially by Greek standards). Where in Corfu did you go to btw? Because some of the resorts are proper shit.