Britain's got talent.

Flair

Lowest common-denominator scum television.

An even better summary than mine. :aussie:

agree but what does it say about society when it is the most popular type of broadcasting (ie the 'reality' demographic)

Lowest common-denominator scum television.

An even better summary than mine. :aussie:

agree but what does it say about society when it is the most popular type of broadcasting (ie the 'reality' demographic)

I think we already know that society is fucked and that the majority of the population are cretins - just look at the Jade Goody shitstorm.

The thing is I don't think Britain has that much talent anyway.

Not much real talent, perhaps.

I can't get the hype over that Boyle woman. Churches up and down the land are full of wimmin like that who can warble a tune that suits their voice, yet the nation and media are going bananas over her as if she's some sort of superstar.

Some of you need to lighten up, Britain's got Talent, X-Factor etc have some utterly brilliant cringe-worthy comedy gold.

:aussie:

I do watch it for the pure comedy like. Also some people taking themselves far too seriously. Mind, some of the dance "crews" are canny.

it's PT Barnums freakshow.

you might as well be huddled round the tv pointing and laughing at the guy born with massive tumours of his face.

Some of you need to lighten up, Britain's got Talent, X-Factor etc have some utterly brilliant cringe-worthy comedy gold.

Not to mention the talent show being a British TV staple for 40 odd years.

Without them we wouldn't have Marti Caine, Lenny Henry, Michael Barrymore, Dave Allen, Joe Pasquale, Roy Walker, The Chuckle Brothers, Victoria Wood, Roger De Courcey and Nookie Bear, Les Dennis, Peter Andre, Showaddywaddy, Jim Davidson, Gary Wilmot and Judy McPhee, Fivepenny Piece, Patti Boulaye or Stevie Riks.

I love watching the auditioning stages of X Factor, hilarious!!!!

Aye, me too.

Ant and Seb from last year still crack me up.

Brilliant :unsure:

And and Deaf.