The Boxing thread

Jimbo

I don't really follow boxing but have to confess to picking up some interest in Fury. I recall watching him on some interview a little while back going on about how much weight he'd put on and how he was going to have to lose it, along with a general sentiment that suggested to me that he doesn't even like boxing all that much anyway...

So yeah I'd agree with Alex - I reckon he'll close the book on this now.

I think Ward's got more power than he's given credit for. I give him a bit of a chance. Pascal caused him a few problems and Ward's a much better boxer than Pascal.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if its time for a specific UFC thread but did anyone see the Diaz vs McGregor rematch?

Thoughts on the decision?

• 3 weeks later...

not sure i fancy kell brook's chances against golovkin. could be a re-run of kahn's attempt to move up to face alvarez. fair play to him for making the fight though. it'll be a hell of a result of he pulls it off. 

not sure i fancy kell brook's chances against golovkin. could be a re-run of kahn's attempt to move up to face alvarez. fair play to him for making the fight though. it'll be a hell of a result of he pulls it off.

Magnificent baps. Didn't realise she'd taken up boxing.

I'll be honest, I'd target the tits, it's meant to knack.

He's got a canny bit better chin than Khan but I don't see him winning. Would love to be proven wrong like. You watching it?

at a 40th birthday party so probably not, which'll mean it'll probably be a corker. my recent history with picking my PPVs has been gash. 

I'm hoping to watch it, I can't see anyone beating Golovkin (who has an incredible chin himself) tbh and definitely not someone moving up two divisions.

his record is something ridiculous like 32 KOs from 35 fights or something 

Best KO ratio of any middleweight world champion in the world...ever.

It's a funny one because I don't think either of them have been really fully tested* or ever fought anyone 'top drawer', through no fault of their own.

*You could say Brook was when he beat Shawn Porter but that was more because Porter made it an ugly fight with his spoiling tactics than anything else.

Many happy returns btw, Gloom.

I still can't make up my mind about this fight, logic tells me that GGG is going to pulverize him but there's a nagging doubt that with a home crowd behind him, Brook might be able to out-box him, if he can do the "Mayweather" routine, he might surprise people.

I still can't make up my mind about this fight, logic tells me that GGG is going to pulverize him but there's a nagging doubt that with a home crowd behind him, Brook might be able to out-box him, if he can do the "Mayweather" routine, he might surprise people.

Have you seen the Golovkin knockout montage? I like where he quite obviously breaks the Irish guys ribs with a left hook.

That's not anti Irish btw Ant and Ewerk.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves