The Boxing thread

Jimbo

15 hours ago, Ant said:

He's excellent and the fight with Rigondeaux that's being lined up will be excellent, not sure about the Jones Jr comparison mind he's a featherweight , dominant i guess like Jones Jr would've been, reminds me of Pacquiao 

His speed and precision is like Jones Jr and his ability to avoid being hit.  Pacman always seemed like he just had a hard head, came straight in all the time, although tbf I had lost interest in boxing by the time he was a big deal so my exposure to his fights is limited.

You see it where Billy Joe Saunders was at the Box Nation press conference in London and asked Canelo why he'd given up his belt when he was GGG's mandatory? While the answer was being translated BJS said something like, I'll answer for you - I shit myself. Was billed as being 'hilarious' but it just showed Warren up for being unprofessional for letting him in their with a mic. What was quite funny was that Canelo obviously didn't have a clue who he was. It'll just be a pay day if he fights the winner of GGG - Canelo. He's a canny boxer but they're in a different league.

Plus his dad doesn't even react then he has this shit tweet lined up to say it's what he tells th coaddie to do if a stranger touches him, as though that's the scenario here ffs. 

You can tell who the genuine boxers are. They're the one's that don't have two ha-pennies to rub together.

The sport that is boxing is dying a death because of farcical fights and also people Like Ferdinand and Flintoff, etc, being thrust into the limelight.

I used to love boxing not too many years ago. Still do with the real warriors who do it from the heart.

As for the heavyweights and the money making has beens. It's just a pay per view ACT.

Such a shame.

16 hours ago, wolfy said:

You can tell who the genuine boxers are. They're the one's that don't have two ha-pennies to rub together.

The sport that is boxing is dying a death because of farcical fights and also people Like Ferdinand and Flintoff, etc, being thrust into the limelight.

I'm sure the likes of Carl Froch, Joe Calzaghe and Lennox Lewis will be distraught to learn they don't meet your criteria as to what defines a true pugilist like :D

Also, the sport's massively popular in the UK. Recent fights have broke attendance records and had impressive PPV figures. Even globally / in the US it still outperforms other fight codes in terms of viewing figures and what fighters earn too I think.

On 19/09/2017 at 3:23 PM, Ant said:

No interest in that fight at all, barely could be arsed with it the first time round

Yep. I think Haye will comfortably outpoint him barring another injury. Probably what would've happened 1st time round too. The post-fight hype was fucking silly.

Just now, Alex said:

I'm sure the likes of Carl Froch, Joe Calzaghe and Lennox Lewis will be distraught to learn they don't meet your criteria as to what defines a true pugilist like :D

Also, the sport's massively popular in the UK. Recent fights have broke attendance records and had impressive PPV figures. Even globally / in the US it still outperforms other fight codes in terms of viewing figures and what fighters earn too I think.

WWE wrestling commands huge crowds.

If you think there's no rigging in boxing or all sports, then you carry on.

The gullible public will always be ready to empty their pockets for a bit of entertainment, because at the end of the day, that's what's put before us in the pay per view channels.

All geared to relieving you of your hard earned cash for (in many cases) fights that already have an outcome before a punch is thrown.

Just now, wolfy said:

WWE wrestling commands huge crowds.

I don't follow it, maybe it does, doubt they earn anything like what top boxers earn though.

If you think there's no rigging in boxing or all sports, then you carry on.

Where did I say that? (Clue: I didn't)

The gullible public will always be ready to empty their pockets for a bit of entertainment, because at the end of the day, that's what's put before us in the pay per view channels.

All geared to relieving you of your hard earned cash for (in many cases) fights that already have an outcome before a punch is thrown.

But you just said it was dying.