The Boxing thread

Jimbo

a dying sport which in the past few years has generated its biggest ever PPV purses. 

the heavyweight division isn't what it was, but it hasn't been for ages, and there's plenty of interest in divisions below it. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

a dying sport which in the past few years has generated its biggest ever PPV purses. 

the heavyweight division isn't what it was, but it hasn't been for ages, and there's plenty of interest in divisions below it. 

So what you're saying is that there is absolutely no corruption in any form of boxing or, indeed, any other sport or, for that matter, in any walk of life?

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

But you just said it was dying.

The SPORT of boxing is dying.

It's turned into a sort of WWE like entertainment for the ready and willing paying public.

The fight build up is usually the entire highlight of the whole shebang.

Money making of the highest order for those involved and a big two fingered salute to those paying good money to be basically ripped off.

The real fights are on the UNDERCARD.

The trouble is, real boxing is dying a death.

Just now, Alex said:

Aye, it was never corrupt in the past. Or overhyped for certain bouts or anything like that. It's never been about money until now either.

Course it was, but the sport is dying a death as a SPORT.

It's becoming entertainment acting in many cases with the big money bouts.

The losers are the minnows with real boxing heart. That's true boxing.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I know what argument you're trying to make. Repeating it ad infinitum doesn't validate it

I'm not really after validating anything.

That's how I see it. You can see it in any light you wish and that's where we'll differ.

Just now, Ant said:

you could just post like less of an arsehole but i feel you're incapable of it tbh, whether it's deliberate or just because you're a spacker i've no idea.

either way derailing multiple threads with nonsense adds no value, so the next one will be permanent 

Just get on with it you plank and stop making up silly excuses to ban me.

Now I've gave you an excellent reason to permanently ban me, so get on with it and press that little forum button. :razz:

20 minutes ago, wolfy said:

Just get on with it you plank and stop making up silly excuses to ban me.

Now I've gave you an excellent reason to permanently ban me, so get on with it and press that little forum button. :razz:

Its not a button. It's a hammer.

3 minutes ago, Ant said:

Can't post but i didn't "block" it all off on him like i did leazes ages ago so it's like the site doesn't exist, so he can see it and be seething :lol: 

i'm a prick like but i don't care :D

So you not only banned leazes, you phased the whole forum out of existence as far as he was concerned :lol:

That is brilliant.