The Boxing thread

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...

That knockout of price was absolutely savage. He’s out on his feet and basically takes a free punch to send him to the deck, and who knows, maybe some brain damage. Could the red have stepped in at that point before the final blow? Brutal 

It was horrible to watch mind, the first hit seemed to stun him & he didn't see the final hit coming at all. 

It's a shame because he gave a good account of himself and the fight was close.

I’ve complained about Joshua being a flat track bully before and relying on power and having no boxing brain but that was a dull controlled performance tonight. Basically there’s no pleasing me.

Lennox Lewis esque tonight with his jab. Took care of business tbf and why not box clever when you’re setting up a unification bout? Dull viewing mind 

Plus despite the pre-match patter Parker didn’t come to fight and it was basically just damage limitation. He had some limited success in the early rounds but even then you could argue he was awarded rounds just due to performing relatively better rather than actually doing enough to win them. Thought Joshua’s fitness was really impressive as he came on strong and won the last few rounds for me, ie when you thought Parker might have showed superior fitness. Dull fight but so one sided you have to commend Joshua 

I think Parker’s only hope was to get in close to Joshua but he showed no willingness to do it in the early rounds and couldn’t find his range. And when he did try to make a fight of it the referee kept stepping in and stopping it.

So Connor McGregor just ended his UFC career.

He was stripped of his belt today so has stormed the press conference for this weekends event with his goon friends. They’ve smashed the place up, injured one of the fighters and there’s now a warrant out for his arrest

If I were to get far fetched I would say that if McGregor were to get in the octagon with Mayweather then the best way to do it would be for him to get out of his UFC contract and they could put the fight on themselves for maximum returns.

UFC have pulled 3 of the fights off this weekends card due to minor injuries as a result of last night 

Theyre probably going to sue McGregor for every penny he’s ever made of them.

I bet his arse is twitching now he’s realised what a fuck up he’s made 

According to Lennox Lewis on Twitter:

So I’m hearing that @FloydMayweather and @TheNotoriousMMA will fight again in the octagon with modified rules! No kicks, no knees, no elbows, no takedowns? But isn’t this just Boxing in the octagon?