The Boxing thread

Jimbo

Am looking forward to Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan fight at the weekend and Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz June 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Who you got winning and more importantly how? I'll certainly be buying that extra EXTRA food & drink for these fights.

Tyson FuryVSTomSchwarz.jpg

TerenceCrawfordVSAmirKhanApril20th.jpg

Edited by AlbertSmith50
Got it wrong.

Bizarre sounding end to Kahn fight and probably marks the end of his career. Even if he took a fight with brook now, would anyone be arsed? It’d be about 4-5 years too late 

Don’t know. Didn’t see it. Commentators say he was well behind and looking for an easy escape. Seems weird he didn’t give himself the five minutes to see if he could continue before throwing in the towel 

Saturday 27, April 2019 
Wembley Arena, Wembley, London, United Kingdom

BIG Heavyweight fight - 

Daniel Dubois vs Richard Lartey

TV Sat - BT Sport 1 HD - BT Sport 4K UHD - ESPN+ (USA) - MATCH! Boets - MAX Sport 1 HD Bulgaria - S Sport 2 HD (Turkey) - SportKlub5 (Croatia) - SportKlub 5 (Serbia) - SportKlub 5 (Slovenia)

DanielDuboisVSRichardLartey.jpg

DanielDuboisVSRichardLarteyApril27thESPNPlus.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had to laugh at Joe Joyce's opponent  :hilarious:  The man should be retired, he is well past it. Talk about setting up a fight.

Billy Joe Saunders looked sharp, his movement is good but he lacks that cutting edge blow for me. He can tactically win fights on points no problem but has he got that power to finish people off early? I'm not sure.

Great win for Josh Taylor, impressive performance from him.

Wilder made light work of his fight.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Breazeale looked like an absolute bum and he still shook Wilder. 

Joshua or Fury (again) will beat Wilder. He’s got no balance and boxes like a clown. I can see why he wants as much money as possible to fight AJ...

The Russell JR/Martinez fight was a decent watch.It was valiant attempt but Martinez couldn’t live with him. Ended with a sensible stoppage

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I know fuck all about boxing, really but is this equivalent to Tyson getting done off Jimmy Buster Douglas?

It sounds like Ruiz was hand picked so Joshua didn't lose, and he still fucking lost!

Overhyped? Peak Tyson, Lewis etc. would have murdered him I'd imagine

Didn’t see it but it doesn’t even sound like he can say it was a lucky punch. He was floored several times. Already talking about his next fight in the build up. Underprepared and complacent by the sound of it 

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Shocking performance from Joshua, doesn't even deserve a rematch after that.

Bit harsh like. He's given Ruiz the biggest opportunity of his life, course he deserves a rematch. Reflecting on the match I think Wilders quick KO the other week got into AJs head. When he put Ruiz down he went all uncharacteristically all guns blazing and got hit hard and never recovered. I'm pleased it's happened and hopefully it opens the division up a bit. If Ruiz is underdog for the rematch, which I fully expect him to be then I'll be betting on him.

Joshua needs to lose some muscle.