The Boxing thread

Jimbo

Just watching the fight for the first time there. There wasn’t a single second where Joshua looked comfortable, he got absolutely battered.

I know part of the Joshua hype is owing to the media machine who want us to pay £20 to watch Joshua flick a domino down but I couldn’t have imagined a short fat man could outclass him so comprehensively.

Ruiz seemed to have the measure of him almost straight away & was having fun after a while.

If anything I’m surprised Joshua lasted as long as he did...

There's definitely something amiss with it all. Whilst AJ is/was overrated he was well out of sorts. No cameras in his dressing room beforehand, didn't see him hitting any pads or anything like that. His fatha going divvy with Hearn after the fight. Dying to know, I expect something will come out soon

Anthony Joshua could be one of the all time greats. He also could be the 4th best heavyweight boxer atm. It'll be a massive couple of fights for him. But given a chance to cheer him Wilder or Fury I'll take Joshua any day. But the fat lads inspiring 

On 02/06/2019 at 18:09, TheGingerQuiff said:

There's definitely something amiss with it all. Whilst AJ is/was overrated he was well out of sorts. No cameras in his dressing room beforehand, didn't see him hitting any pads or anything like that. His fatha going divvy with Hearn after the fight. Dying to know, I expect something will come out soon

Bloke at work was saying that the rumour is he picked up a concussion in the last two weeks and his dad has been saying they needed to cancel the fight. Hearn wouldnt have it and then this happened. Who knows though. 

Up next Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz (June 15th) from the MGM Grand Las Vegas on bt ppv. Never in a million years expected Andy Ruiz Jr to beat Anthony Joshua - that was one ruddy strange fight. Hopefully this weekend we don't get another upset. You

need a whole different mind set when fighting in America and Mr Fury has that - so the heavyweight saga continues, its exciting don't you think sports fans?

Edited by AlbertSmith50
Odd that Tyson Fury live press & weigh in streams don't work

12 minutes ago, AlbertSmith50 said:

Up next Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz (June 15th) from the MGM Grand Las Vegas on bt ppv. Never in a million years expected Andy Ruiz Jr to beat Anthony Joshua - that was one ruddy strange fight. Hopefully this weekend we don't get another upset. You

need a whole different mind set when fighting in America and Mr Fury has that - so the heavyweight saga continues, its exciting don't you think sports fans?

I hope he gets mullered.

Saturday 22nd June

Full Fight Reply - Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz (19:30 GMT UK) From start to finish this had everything. Fury is the master of the jab - especially in the 1st Round. Watch it tomorrow, also don't forget to watch the Behind The Scence's video which is interesting. You better grab some food & drink and enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...

Listened to desert Island discs today (fuck off I'm old) it was Marcus Wareing. One of his was Tina Turner Simply the best. He's a big boxing fan and even did some himself. Chose this because of Eubanks. Man listening to it brought back a load of memories as a kid when I used to watch boxing a lot with my old man. 

2 hours ago, Ant said:

Aye properly gifted, minus clips/highlight shows etc  only fight i probably seen at the time was against De La Hoya towards the end of his career and he was great, arguably should have won... but vegas scoring and de la hoya  

Used to regularly read about him in The Ring when he and Julio César Chávez were the pound for pound kings. Back then it was the only way to properly follow US boxing