The Boxing thread

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve no idea how Ritson won that fight. He did fuck all other than not get hurt badly. I definitely had him losing by five rounds. To call Ritson one dimensional would be complimentary.

Edited by ewerk

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’ve no idea how Ritson won that fight. He did fuck all other than not get hurt badly. I definitely had him losing by five rounds. To call Ritson one dimensional would be complimentary.

Jesus! We agree! 

Absolutely appalling decision. Outclassed throughout. Haven't seen much of Ritson but if that's his best he's in trouble. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

When your own promoter says you lost it’s got to be a questionable decision like :lol: 

Ritson and Hearn dont get on, Hearn is just trying his best to get a mega money night at St James park and then he will probably cut Ritson loose.

I wouldn’t be surprised. 

I think after his first matchroom fight at Newcastle Area Hearn basically said “this lad can go all the way to the top..if he cuts out the beer and pizza” 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I wouldn’t be surprised. 

I think after his first matchroom fight at Newcastle Area Hearn basically said “this lad can go all the way to the top..if he cuts out the beer and pizza” 

I've not bought into the hype around Ritson. Trying his best to be Mr ToonArmy Hero means fuck all if you put that performance in. He's tried to step up twice - got easily beaten and then stole that last night. 

Aye he’s nowt owa like but a local lad gets people interested.

His career being successful may have been contingent on getting big crowds. I can’t see that happening.

29 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

I've not bought into the hype around Ritson. Trying his best to be Mr ToonArmy Hero means fuck all if you put that performance in. He's tried to step up twice - got easily beaten and then stole that last night. 

Ritson and his Dad/trainer live about 300 yards from my previous house. 

Nice family. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Carl said:

Ritson and Hearn dont get on, Hearn is just trying his best to get a mega money night at St James park and then he will probably cut Ritson loose.

Ah, right. That said, I haven’t heard anyone other than ritson say he wasn’t well beaten.

1 hour ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Imagine that, trying your best to be Mr ToonArmy Hero. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

November 28th,Saturday.

Time to buy that extra EXTRA food & drink fight fans. I see nothing but absolute destruction. You might want to check out the BT Sport Youtube channel.... they are uploading Mike Tyson fights and interviews (Enjoy)

Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce

TV Sat - BT Sport 1

Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr (late into the night) - America

TV Sat - BT Sport Box Office HD PPV