The Boxing thread

Jimbo

I don’t think it was over for Dubois. Joyce went out with a clear, simple game plan and it worked. But Dubois has won every one of his fights by being too strong for his opponent.

Putting aside the fact he went down like a whore he was terrible defensively and kept getting hurt by a tame jab. He needs to learn to avoid it. Very one dimensional which is something I once accused AJ of.

That Tyson ‘fight’ managed not to be a total disgrace. I don’t think Jones went there with any intentions other than to just survive but Tyson still looked like he had a bit of power in there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tyson looked terrifying still, I can’t believe how quick he was. 

In other news that YouTuber is fighting Mayweather in February. 

He’s going to get killed, Floyd is no basketballer :lol: 

He’s massive but he’s not a boxer. He’ll probably swing like a moron for 3 or 4 rounds, he’ll stick his chin out & Mayweather will do him serious damage.

I honestly hope he’ll do him some proper damage so the celebrity boxing craze dies off. 

The fight he had with the basketballer wasn’t safe. It doesn’t matter if there’s a Dr in the corner tbh 

54 minutes ago, strawb said:

Didn’t Ricky Gervais “fight” Anthea Turners husband in the 2000’s or have I had a brain fart?

I remember it being fucking shite and Gervais running away..

It used to be a thing round about then.

There was a US version too. This really tall and skinny basketball player fought William ‘The Refrigerator’ Perry. I also saw Screech from ‘Saved By The Bell’ batter someone half his size.

It was fairly undignified to say the very least.

The thing that concerns me about the YouTube fights is that they aren’t wearing protective headgear and they’re wearing pro weight gloves. 

They don’t have the skill to prevent themselves being seriously hurt. As Paul Logan will find out when he fights an actual boxer. 

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Didn’t Ricky Gervais “fight” Anthea Turners husband in the 2000’s or have I had a brain fart?

I remember it being fucking shite and Gervais running away..

Fucking shite is giving it more credit than it deserves. 

27 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I don’t see a problem here. 

Me either if it puts an end to it. 

RIP Mr Youtuber, may your content live on in the hearts of morons forever 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Me either if it puts an end to it. 

RIP Mr Youtuber, may your content live on in the hearts of morons forever 

"He died doing what he loved - getting hits"

• Haha 4

i watched some clips of him last night and was surprised to see how much he likes to brawl it out on the inside. his hooks and upper cuts are fierce and he seems to lever impressive powerful given he is quite lean compared to most boxers in terms of muscle mass. i figured he would be all about keeping his opponent at bay with his jab and reach advantage,. 

18 hours ago, Alex said:

Saw his fight on the Spence Jnr undercard. He looks the part. Ridiculous power for his build. Shades of Hearns 

I was looking through some Hearns clips and never realised he was in the double KO club. 

• Like 1

Hearns was class but you never knew what you were going to get as there was always a chance he’d get stopped as he was quite ‘chinny’, relatively speaking.