The Boxing thread

Jimbo

Joshua generally plans meticulously for fights so I think it's too tight to call at the mo.  He generally struggles when an opponent pulls out and he has alter his plans for the new fighter.

It will be a hell of fight if they manage to get it on.

If they can afford to offer $50m for a fight I’ve no doubt they’ve got a crazy amount of money.

Personally I’d sooner squander it than compete in a boxing match.

If you were a top tier fighter and some youtuber put up £50m to fight you, wouldn't you fancy a largely manageable few minutes knocking 50 shades of snot out of him? forgive me if I'm wrong, but hasn't McGregor retired from competitive fighting? Couldn't he treat this like the old golfers treat the Pro-Am stuff they do? 

14 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye he can probably triple that with his ppv cut.

Although McGregor apparently made $130mil for his Mayweather fight so he's got enough money to tell this sad sack to fuck off

I’m not sure I follow that. Some relatively unheard of YouTube fighter could make $150m? And that’s because McGregor made $20m less than that fighting a boxing legend in one of the biggest ppv fights of all time? 

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If you were a top tier fighter and some youtuber put up £50m to fight you, wouldn't you fancy a largely manageable few minutes knocking 50 shades of snot out of him? forgive me if I'm wrong, but hasn't McGregor retired from competitive fighting? Couldn't he treat this like the old golfers treat the Pro-Am stuff they do? 

McGregor has had more retirements than UFC fights. He's due to fight again in January. He's under contract with UFC so would need their permission to fight this twat which is unlikely to be forthcoming.

Fair enough. I do feel old when I google these youtubers and find out they're millionaires with millions of people (kids) following them. Like, I'm vaguely aware of pewdiepie(sp?) and KSI, but honestly, what the fuck do they actually do to get these huge numbers of fans? 

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Fair enough. I do feel old when I google these youtubers and find out they're millionaires with millions of people (kids) following them. Like, I'm vaguely aware of pewdiepie(sp?) and KSI, but honestly, what the fuck do they actually do to get these huge numbers of fans? 

Theyre podcasters Dave. Surprised you haven't heard of it. Millions to be made.  I'd get on it if I were you  :cuppa:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Theyre podcasters Dave. Surprised you haven't heard of it. Millions to be made.  I'd get on it if I were you  :cuppa:

We've taken an organic approach to growing the podcast. No guests, no competitions, no regularity, no fucking ideas, and see if that works.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

We've taken an organic approach to growing the podcast. No guests, no competitions, no regularity, no fucking ideas, and see if that works.

Its not that bad mate :lol:

You all at least sound vaguely normal, don't want to sell us anything, don't want to tell us what to say on twitter, don't see yourself as a fuckin cult leader...I'll give you time to develop the last one obvs..

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Alex said:

I’m not sure I follow that. Some relatively unheard of YouTube fighter could make $150m? And that’s because McGregor made $20m less than that fighting a boxing legend in one of the biggest ppv fights of all time? 

He's unheard of to old farts like us. He's got 20million YouTube subscribers though.

And while McGregor reportedly made $120mil, Mayweather was closer to $300mil. If a fight that most boxing fans refused to pay for can pull in $4-500mil in revenue, then this knacker can probably push close to half of that 

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

McGregor has had more retirements than UFC fights. He's due to fight again in January. He's under contract with UFC so would need their permission to fight this twat which is unlikely to be forthcoming.

Dana White would give him a piggyback there if he got a cut of the money