The Boxing thread

Jimbo

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think he’d beat Fury too although I think it would be a close run thing. I’m not sure it’ll happen though as I think Fury wanted one last mega fight v Joshua for the undisputed title. He might view Usyk as too risky relative to the potential reward 

It’d be an interesting fight. More of. Game of chess. A much trickier opponent than Joshua, much harder to hit.

The temptation to go out as undisputed heavyweight champ might be too big a pull to resist. Potential for a lucrative trilogy too, not that he needs the money.

We’ll find out in a few days either way as he has to relinquish his belt before the end of the month if he wants to stay “retired”.
There’s no one left to beat in the division is there for Fury now that AJ’s star has fallen. Though if he did beat Usyk, he could then turn to Joshua in what really would be a final pay day at Wembley. 

• Like 1

I gave Joshua just two rounds last night. How any judge managed to give him the fight is ridiculous. There’s nowhere to go now for Joshua. He gave it his all last night and was nowhere near good enough.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I gave Joshua just two rounds last night. How any judge managed to give him the fight is ridiculous. There’s nowhere to go now for Joshua. He gave it his all last night and was nowhere near good enough.

I thought it might be on after the 9th and he might finally use his size advantage to close it out but usyk responded in 10th like a champ to show the judges it was a one round blip. 

• Like 2

Yeah, there are still fights out there that could lead to Fury v Joshua

AJ v Wilder would be box office and if they both got through that then the money spinner at Wembley could be on. Long shot but possible.

Think we've seen enough now that Fury is superior to AJ though.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I was watching it on DAZN with American commentators

To paraphrase "this is the first time I've seen a wrestling promo...after a defeat in boxing"

That's what I said to my Brother in Law. AJ thought he was in the fucking WWE :lol:

Cant remember the last time so much of the post fight attention was on a bloke who lost back to back fights

Edited by Kid Dynamite

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Tyson Fury proving himself to still be a cunt. He blamed his previous racist rants on mental health, drugs and drink. What's his excuse now?

Most racists, homophobes and xenophobes find it hard to let those views go. They might temper them in public but he obviously feels he’s untouchable again. Sad and a bit pathetic because i was starting to buy into his redemption story bullshit. The bloke is a great fighter and is charismatic but sadly looks like he is still a cunt 

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like AJ will accept the 60/40 purse Fury is offering. Can’t see him getting near fury but he has a puncher’s chance. Last throw of the dice to save his career, you’d expect. Hope they make it and it happens at Wembley though it’d have to be Saudi need or the sort of money Fury was talking about 

• 3 weeks later...