The Boxing thread

Jimbo

• 1 month later...
Valuev has lost only once in 51 fights and stands nearly a foot taller and approximately 90lb heavier than his British opponent, who also has just the one defeat from his 23 bouts.

Despite this difference in size, Haye remains confident of continuing his fine record with victory on Saturday and says he has never been better prepared for a fight.

"I've walked the walk in my previous fights and backed up my talking," said Haye. "Expect no less this time round.

"I'm in my best shape. I know the tricks he's going to bring the table and I've prepared for him.

"He's never fought anyone as fast, as powerful and as accurate as me. "I know he just thinks I'm a little mouthy man from England but he's going to be in for a rude awakening."

The retaliation against Haye's previous barbs against Valuev came from Pavel Govzman, a consultant to promoter Don King, who claimed he had found support for the Russian to be extremely strong in America.

"There is a huge interest in this fight," said Govzman.

"People cannot stand David Haye for what he has said and they asked me to tell Nicolay to take care of him and his dirty mouth."

Such comments are in stark contrast to earlier assertions from Haye, who claims he has huge support in the USA, where fans have taken to his "attitude".

The best odds available for Haye to take down the giant are 8/15, with Valuev to take the title priced at 11/8 with Bet 365. Other bookies such as William Hill are confused after revealing that 80 per cent of bets taken have been backing David Haye. It seems that whilst there is excessive support for Haye to steal the title, there is still doubt that he will be able to overcome the height, weight and reach of the giant. Bookmakers Coral explained that they have had very little interest in Haye, but due to a surge in betting for Valuev, they have been forced to slash his odds from 2/1 to 6/4 to win the fight.

This fight is totally down to Haye's tactics, if he gets all brash and macho he'll get stopped, he needs to box carefully and pick Valuev off, if he does he'll win but remember this fight is in Germany, the bias to Valuev is incredible, just as Holyfield found out, he might win the fight but he might not get the decision if it goes the distance.

As they say, he might need to knock him out to get a draw :huh:

This fight is totally down to Haye's tactics, if he gets all brash and macho he'll get stopped, he needs to box carefully and pick Valuev off, if he does he'll win but remember this fight is in Germany, the bias to Valuev is incredible, just as Holyfield found out, he might win the fight but he might not get the decision if it goes the distance.

As they say, he might need to knock him out to get a draw :huh:

Valuev will win if this is anything to go by. Robin Reid was robbed by the most biased ref and judges I've ever seen, as Sven Ottke was defending his title in Germany. Sven rarely fought outside Germany if at all, and avoided fights with Calzaghe and the big US based boxers. Unless David Haye can knock Valuev out for a week, then the beast will win.

I have a feeling it may go the distance but just in case I have taken Valuev to KO Haye in any of the first four rounds and Haye for a KO in either round 1 or 2 - it maybe the case that Valuevs' huge weight and size difference could count against a 'small'and chinny Haye or that Hayes speed and Explosive punchpower could count early - will be interesting

Edited by Norbert Colon

Anyone know if there's any pms going around with streams for the fight tomorrow night? Reckon it'll be an interesting fight to see.

There will be 101 streams of it, and every one will be of shit quality. Its on at 9pm. Go to the pub tight arse