The Boxing thread

Jimbo

Pacquiao v Margarito was immense. Just watched it there. Topped off nicely by AC Slater doing the post-fight interviews.

Some fight that like, how the fuck could he see out that eye? :pullhair:

Fuck me what a fighter Pacquiao is ! I really thought he had bitten off more than he could chew tonight but oh my god, what total dominance ! He is the best fighter of his generation !

If I was Pacquiao, it would be Mayweather or retire, he's got nothing to prove.

Aye and I'd love that fight to happen but sadly it doesn't seem like it will at present.

Audley Harrison could have his £1 million pay withheld after his abysmal showing in his world title fight against David Haye on Saturday.

Former Olympic gold medallist Harrison was pilloried for his efforts - or lack of them - in a fight which saw him fail to land a single meaningful punch on Haye.

And the British Boxing Board of Control have confirmed that they will consider withholding Harrison's pay for the bout.

"It is a very difficult course to take to stop someone getting paid when they have just frozen. But rescinding some or all of Audley Harrison's purse is something which we will have to consider," said BBBofC secretary Robert Smith.

"You have to bear in mind it was such a let-down for the 22,000 at the MEN Arena and the thousands watching at home.

"The Board have rescinded purses on many occasions when we feel a fighter has not tried.

"Harrison just froze. He did nothing all night. It was a let-down for the fans and the TV audience."

Promoter Frank Warren believed that the board would be justified if they were to refuse Harrison his pay-out.

"The Board have withheld purses for a whole lot less than this," said Warren.

"This was a joke and the laugh is on fans who paid to watch one of the worst, no THE worst fight I have ever seen.

"I've said Harrison doesn't have a fighting heart but I'll correct that and says he doesn't have a heart because he showed absolutely nothing in seven minutes and 53 seconds to suggest he does.

"Harrison waved his arm around in the air like he was trying to swot flies. There was certainly a bit of a stink hanging around this one.

"They should give the money to the ex boxers benevolent fund, they have done more to deserve it than Harrison ever could."

Warren's fellow promoter Frank Maloney, who masterminded Lennox Lewis's career, echoed the call.

"Harrison should be locked up for impersonating a fighter," he said.

"If the Board let Harrison have his purse it is sending out totally the wrong message."

:pullhair:

For anyone fortunate enough to have missed this;

The full bore-fest

interesting comment below

Also, focus on 12:52... it appears David Haye says 'now', as if cueing what's about to happen next. He then unleashes a barrage on Audley, who offers nothing back in return. Was this fixed??

He does look like he says something :pullhair:

To be fair to Haye, I think he was surprised at how bad Harrison was. I think he was waiting for the big onslaught he promised, and being a classic counter puncher, was then going to way in. By the 3rd round he was still doing nowt, so Haye got bored and knocked him out. Bizarre.

was always going to be this way. Hayes the better fighter, but to be honest the whole heavy weight division is dominated by dinosaurs. harrison was a competent amateur fighter, and never had anything like the class to fight in this division professionally.

i think Haye would probably get beaten by either of the 2 Klitschko's, he's just that bit too overconfident.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9192282.stm

Vitali Klitschko told the BBC: "Stop talking. I'm ready to sign any time, let's make the fight in springtime."

He continued on BBC Radio 5 live : "No excuses any more, he talks too much, he's a great talker, but the question is, is he a good fighter or not?

"He's world champion by talking. Let's fight. Let's go."

Vitali Klitschko added he would offer Haye a 50-50 deal and is prepared to fight him anywhere in the world.

"Let's discuss where we would fight. Let's fight in the United States. I listened to a great proposal for Madison Square Garden. I'm ready to fight in the US, Germany or Great Britain," Vitali Klitschko added.

"Let's make contract. Straightaway we are ready to sign the contract - I want to fight David Haye."

:lol: don't fuck with these eastern european bastards