The Boxing thread

Jimbo

• 1 month later...

And he has made a sacrifice (fight is in Germany).

It's on!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9416218.stm

WBA heavyweight champion David Haye will fight IBF and WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko in Germany on either 25 June or 2 July.

Both men have been calling for the fight to happen for some months.

On Saturday, Klitschko withdrew from a scheduled 30 April title bout against Dereck Chisora, to bring a deal closer.

Haye revealed to the BBC an agreement had been struck last night, saying: "I finally had a contract in front of me and couldn't wait to put pen to paper."

Haye continued: "It'll be either June 25 or July 2, either date is fine by me.

"It's the fight every boxing fan has to see, and every sports fan.

"He is ranked by many as the best heavyweight in the world - in front of myself, even though I'm the WBA champion."

On the negotiation process, Haye said: "He wanted all these little things - he's a bit precious, is Wladimir, so I gave him all these little things to make him feel like he'd got a mental edge.

"The terms were right, it's a fair deal - it's a 50-50 split, that's what they wanted and that's what I wanted.

"I'll just make sure the referee can count to 10, then I'm the new unified heavyweight champion of the world.

"Here it is - end of June, beginning of July - let's get ready to rumble."

Bit fucking silly opening a boxing thread in a geordie forum. These guys know fuck all about boxing. The last boxing match geordies went to was Ant and Dec for comic relief. Fucking grow up the starter of this thread and stop cracking shit jokes.

:(

aren't most of the german bouts rigged? or they have poor officials?

Aye, usually very biased. He beat that big twat Valuev there like.

A bit like Italy was in the 80's, like Henry Cooper once said " you have to knock them out to just get a draw over there"

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any clue whether that coward Mayweather will face up to the Pacman? Or is hestill demanding $200 trillion, a blowjob off the Pope, Paquiao to have 300 drugs tests, and a solid gold rocket car?

The world wants to see it happen, but Floyd seems to be throwing out new demands to stop it.

I get the feeling Mayweather is waiting for Pacquiao to burn out, with his weight gain and long fights Pac-man only has a handful of fights left, Floyd is waiting for his moment to take him when he's past his peak.

I really hope Manny isn't on drugs, but just look at the unparallelled way he has quickly moved up through the weights whilst retaining power and speed. The testing in boxing - as in a lot of professional sports - is not rigorous enough, and the drug-makers always seem to be one step ahead. Either way I have really lost interest in the last 6 months because the sport, in its current state, is just a joke - money rules.