The Boxing thread

Jimbo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Ant said:

Was coming to post the same thing, only happened to find out because I watched that Joe calzaghe documentary on prime yesterday and was looking Jones up to check his age /last fight

Bonkers, there was a clip of tyson training the other week and handing out stance tips at some gym someone sent me, guess this is why. 

he looked like the weights coming off and you'd still not want anything to do with him like 😂 but he must be 54, Jones maybe 50 I'd guess

Big gloves, 8 rounds and head gear s well so it's not like mayweather slapping around karatekids with no protection 

I think I read Jones is 51. Both looked completely finished a good while before they actually retired but In Tyson’s case that was about 15 years ago. 

That Calzaghe documentary is decent btw

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying the boxing form Hearn’s evil lair. 

Although even if the fight is class it feels like an shite undercard because nobody is there :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have to feel a bit sorry for Dillian Whyte, he looked in good shape and was in total control of that fight and looked like he was going to finish it then Povetkin pulled out an absolute clinker of a shot from nowhere and it was lights out.

I also thought the Katie Taylor result was much closer than the judges had it.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

You have to feel a bit sorry for Dillian Whyte, he looked in good shape and was in total control of that fight and looked like he was going to finish it then Povetkin pulled out an absolute clinker of a shot from nowhere and it was lights out.

I also thought the Katie Taylor result was much closer than the judges had it.

I think the first scorecard was a disgrace. 

I’m most sure I’ve seen Taylor get favourable treatment before, you see dodgy judges all the time but I think it’s maybe unconscious bias this time.

Just watched the Whyte fight back and it’s no wonder he wants a rematch as soon as possible, he absolutely bossed it & Povetkin was shaking like a leaf walking back to his corner after the first round. 

So does this mean Povetkin is free to open negotiations with Fury? Would be some canny retirement money...

I get the impression you could take the piss out of Tyson (up to a point) whereas his dad would just knock you out (if you were lucky) :lol: 

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

I get the impression you could take the piss out of Tyson (up to a point) whereas his dad would just knock you out (if you were lucky) :lol: 

Aye Tyson seems canny enough these days, he’s put some rough times behind him & it’s certainly changed his demeanour. 

Yeh I imagine his Dad knocks people out on a daily basis for fuck all. :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

Aye, there's a big difference in a 90 second collection of edited clips and being able to maintain that in the ring. Even if they're only two minute rounds they're going to be blowing out their arses before round 3.