The Boxing thread

Jimbo

Hollow victory from Bellew.  I'm glad he told Eddie Hearn where to go when the prick jumped on him.

Some of the headlines about it being the biggest upset in British boxing are jokes. Bellew struggled to put down a man that had one functional leg.

Haye in is prime might have given Joshua a fight. He looked sluggish in the fight but I dont think there is any doubt if Bellew had of sustained that injury he would have been KO'd within in seconds.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Hollow victory from Bellew.  I'm glad he told Eddie Hearn where to go when the prick jumped on him.

Some of the headlines about it being the biggest upset in British boxing are jokes. Bellew struggled to put down a man that had one functional leg.

Aye, it was half a decent fight rather than the great fight some of the pundits have described it as.

Haye in is prime might have given Joshua a fight. He looked sluggish in the fight but I dont think there is any doubt if Bellew had of sustained that injury he would have been KO'd within in seconds.

Possibly, but he took 2 big shots to the chin in one of the early rounds and didn't look too flustered

I see Hughie Fury is fighting Joseph Parker for a version of the world heavyweight title :lol: and Khan v Pacquiao is now not going to go ahead as planned.

Aye, it was half a decent fight rather than the great fight some of the pundits have described it as.

I didn't even think it was that, I thought Haye was rolling his arms around like an old actor pretending to box and Bellew's only tactic was to stay out of the way. It got semi interesting when Haye's achilles went and only then out of a morbid wonder in how much of a doing he would get rather than real excitement

I wasn't saying it was great but it was definitely what I'd call a decent fight until Haye's injury finished it as a contest. Some of the hype surrounding it afterwards has been mental even by boxing standards though.

• 1 month later...

Vlad let him off the hook, should've finished him

Joshua is all mass and no stamina/guile, anyone halfway decent is in with a shot once it goes past round4

Very average...but that's the division these days.

:lol: