The Boxing thread

Jimbo

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's unheard of to old farts like us. He's got 20million YouTube subscribers though.

And while McGregor reportedly made $120mil, Mayweather was closer to $300mil. If a fight that most boxing fans refused to pay for can pull in $4-500mil in revenue, then this knacker can probably push close to half of that 

Well we’ll see but I’m fairly confident he’s offering money he doesn’t have for a fight that he knows probably never happens purely as a publicity stunt 

• 3 weeks later...

Campbell was doing okay but was never going to recover from that body shot. Garcia is a wanker and I hope he aims for the top of the division ASAP because he’ll be found out very quickly. He’s a good fighter but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

Yeh I dearly hoped he’d get up from it but there wasn’t a chance in hell. I got caught with one pretty much exactly the same when I was a kid* and I didn’t manage to sink to one knee, I just writhed about on the floor hysterically. 

(*19 Y/O at a house party boxing competition. I never did it as an amateur as I am a puff)

He’ll sharp get found out but I’m not too happy Campbell is on his KO list. 

I know they call him a “pretty boy” but his head seemed to be in the exact same place for the entire fight. A younger Campbell would have picked him off.

His head and his feet were planted throughout. I had a few quid on Campbell but he never looked confident from the start. Had he taken Garcia through to the later rounds it’s may have gotten interesting but looking forward that’s what Garcia is lacking and a fight against Commey or Easter Jr would be the smarter moves for him.

I’m baffled as to why Campbell didn’t hit him with a right when he floored him in the second. 

It’s almost like he was surprised to deck him. He easy had time to finish it when you watch it back.

• 1 month later...

British boxing judges are a joke. The decision tonight in the Barrett/Martinez fight was a fucking joke. I had money on Martinez at 11/2 but cashed out at 5/2 after seven rounds because I don’t trust British judges. What was a reasonably close fight in favour of Martinez was given to Barrett by seven rounds. It’s an absolute joke and makes a mockery of British judges.

17 hours ago, ewerk said:

Cheerio Josh Kelly, you mackem cunt.

Instead of trying to fight in a football stadium as quick as possible I think it might be better for local boxers to learn their trade.