This is what relegation scraps are like....

Asprilla

As silly as it sounds, 2 wins, 37 points could be more than enough for safety this year, maybe even 35 points with Boro and Hulls run ins

Just need to increase our seasons wins total by a minor 25% and we still might be relegated. :unsure:

More realistically we'll be lucky to end up with 2 more points this season. :)

From what I saw last night we will beat Boro and have a fair chance of beating Fulham, neither will sit like Pompey did.

:razz:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're taking part in a murder mystery. We know we're getting murdered and that it has been drawn out over a few years, the mystery is that we don't know when the coup de gras will be.

In a perverse sort of way, it's rather enthralling :razz:

I've been on one of them at Lumley Castle.

Not everything is about you, yer knar?!

:unsure:

he went partly because of his failings, but mainly because he wasn't Ashley's man. Obviously if he was doing the business on the pitch, Ashley would have kept him, it's hard to justify trading relative success for uncertainty, but Allardyce was taking us down and doing it fast.

Blackburn fans telling us how football should be played? and Using Allardyce as a benchmark? That is a fucking joke. They've not played good football in years, I can't remember a side who were as consistently malicious as them. They've had many managers and yet still play the same gritty* football.

They can't fill their stadium because the football isn't entertaining, and they've come on here crowing about their league position. That's like celebrating coming 2nd at the paralympics.

* for gritty read dirty, vindictive, violent football.

We can't fill our stadium because we're a small town with lots of competition round us - Bolton, Wigan, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton plus numerous Championship clubs like Burnley and Preston all competing for support within 40 miles of us. You have Boro and Sunderland - hardly beacons of footballing tradition there are they? It's still worth noting that on Sunday we had over a fifth of our towns population down at Ewood - not too dissimilar a proportion to what you get at St James', but you have far less competition for miles around.

If it wasn't for a moment of madness in appointing Ince we would've arguably had our fourth successive top 10 finish in a row - no small feat in this league. Winning football is always more attractive than losing football and it's well worth noting the last season where you put the ball in the net more times than us was 2004-05.

And as for Sam taking you down and fast? You were 11th when he left, 9 points off the drop zone. You'd gone through a poor run of form with one or two shocking results but IT HAPPENS. He'd had a sustained record of success at Bolton and you had more than enough of a cushion to be able to give him the benefit of the doubt for a little longer based on that alone, but the characteristic impatience of your fans combined with Ashley's general madness was what led to his demise. Sure he didn't start well but as I've said he inherited a club that was 5 points from being in the Championship the season before.

There's not many densely populated areas around the city of Newcastle so the point's moot. :unsure:

If Allardyce had been winning he'd still be here. :razz:

Bolton weren't recently in the Champions League so expectations are lower. Of course they're going to be more patient. The bigger the club, the less time you get, it's the same anywhere. Do you think ManU would give Sam time? Of course not. I do realise we're nowhere near the level of ManU but it illustrates the point. We are desperate for a sustainable future. We're not stupid despite what idiots who trot out cliches say. Robson and Keegan were here for 5+ years each and they were the times that we were doing the best. Fat Sam was taking us nowhere.

As silly as it sounds, 2 wins, 37 points could be more than enough for safety this year, maybe even 35 points with Boro and Hulls run ins

exactly what I've been saying

I think we can do it and won't accept we cant until its over

he went partly because of his failings, but mainly because he wasn't Ashley's man. Obviously if he was doing the business on the pitch, Ashley would have kept him, it's hard to justify trading relative success for uncertainty, but Allardyce was taking us down and doing it fast.

Blackburn fans telling us how football should be played? and Using Allardyce as a benchmark? That is a fucking joke. They've not played good football in years, I can't remember a side who were as consistently malicious as them. They've had many managers and yet still play the same gritty* football.

They can't fill their stadium because the football isn't entertaining, and they've come on here crowing about their league position. That's like celebrating coming 2nd at the paralympics.

* for gritty read dirty, vindictive, violent football.

We can't fill our stadium because we're a small town with lots of competition round us - Bolton, Wigan, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton plus numerous Championship clubs like Burnley and Preston all competing for support within 40 miles of us. You have Boro and Sunderland - hardly beacons of footballing tradition there are they? It's still worth noting that on Sunday we had over a fifth of our towns population down at Ewood - not too dissimilar a proportion to what you get at St James', but you have far less competition for miles around.

If it wasn't for a moment of madness in appointing Ince we would've arguably had our fourth successive top 10 finish in a row - no small feat in this league. Winning football is always more attractive than losing football and it's well worth noting the last season where you put the ball in the net more times than us was 2004-05.

And as for Sam taking you down and fast? You were 11th when he left, 9 points off the drop zone. You'd gone through a poor run of form with one or two shocking results but IT HAPPENS. He'd had a sustained record of success at Bolton and you had more than enough of a cushion to be able to give him the benefit of the doubt for a little longer based on that alone, but the characteristic impatience of your fans combined with Ashley's general madness was what led to his demise. Sure he didn't start well but as I've said he inherited a club that was 5 points from being in the Championship the season before.

£20 for the last 3 games in the darwen end, season ticket holders buy an extra ticket for a tenner, chairman pleading in the local paper for support to come to the game, fucking blow up sticks noise making fan type things being handed out to the kids, you draw a lot of support from outside blackburn, it comes to something when the club have to plead with the support to come to the game!

btw a top milf has just walked past me in the car in blackpool........wheres the sunshine fanny thread gone :unsure:

Staying up with 35 pts probably would be an all-time Premiership record... :unsure:

Edited by KingKev

Staying up with 35 pts probably would be an all-time Premiership record... :unsure:

heard the average was around 35 actually

I think Fulham stayed up with 34 last year.

Edit: just seen the above post - it was 36. Just shows you though - and while some of those figures are ones we won't achieve, i.e. 39 points - I bet 3rd bottom didn't have 38 points that season.

Edited by alex

Goal difference could turn out to be vital, we've got a far better one than Hull & Boro. Problem is the Mackems though. Imagine they survive on goal difference while we would go down..........

Edited by KingKev

Good sight better than we were looking before Big Sam came in. You guys should think about hiring someone similar...

Don't be a twat.

:unsure: Well you did call us shit, granted this is your forum but I'd say I'm well within my rights to state my opinion. League table since he took charge:

sam2.jpg

Top 10 under Sam's charge and just 2 points from being off top 6 form. Over half a season. Headier heights than you've achieved for a while...

You've watched football before have you? :)

He was fucking gash here. If he hadn't have been he wouldn't have been sacked would he?

You'd finished 5 points from the drop zone the season before he came. When he left you you guys were 11th. He hardly covered himself in glory, he didn't even do a good job with you, but clearly that doesn't represent a disastrous job either and not one that required sacking after 6 months and he deserved more time. It's been downhill ever since you got rid of him - that should tell you something.

It tells me that you get your football knowledge from tabloids and talksport.

He was shit here. Absolute shit. He couldn't handle it and his record was woeful. Keegan got us back on track. He understands the club in the same way that Fat Sam does well at gritty mid table clubs. The Keegan/Ashley thing is what's fucked us, not because we don't have Sam Allardyce.

:razz: I read The Times and have barely listened to talksport in my life. Try again.

His record (mid table) wasn't woeful and if anything was an improvement on your previous season. Wasn't great granted but he could have brought some much needed stability to your club.

Ashley has been responsible for a lot of your woes but one of those was sacking Allardyce. The Keegan fiasco was an error too, but then the man had only won 6 from his 21 in charge and the jury was still out on whether he would've made a good manager either way. Appointing Kinnear was the nail in the coffin but had you held onto Allardyce you wouldn't have fallen this far, not a chance.

I know it's fun to try and think up interesting theories on why things do or don't happen, but you can't honestly look at this team and say to yourself, "Hmmm... What's missing here... What went wrong... Oh! I know! Sam Allardyce!"

Seriously- get a grip. The Ongoing Shenanigans of Ashley & Co., injuries to key defenders down the stretch (hell, injuries in general), and no midfield offense have ALL got to come before you make it down the list to Big Sam.

It was canny funny when Allardyce kept going on about our best start in 8 years or whatever and .com pointed out that after about 6 or 7 games it was actually our best start in 2 years (iirc) despite the fact we hadn't played anyone of note.

We have a far better one now.

After Anfield on Sunday we'll see...

Good point :razz:

You drew?!

I'm just quoting this because it is so shit I want it kept for posterity :unsure:

I find it annoying how people assume we will be the ''Next Leeds'' if we go down.

Based on what exactly?

What about the other clubs that have gone down in the four seasons since Leeds were relegated? :unsure:

I find it annoying how people assume we will be the ''Next Leeds'' if we go down.

Based on what exactly?

What about the other clubs that have gone down in the four seasons since Leeds were relegated? :unsure:

Aye, we could be the next Leicester :razz:

I notice you haven't wandered anywhere near the allegation that Blackburn have consistently played thuggish football?

I'll wander near it. It's a load of bollocks, as usual, started by a man trying to explain why his overpaid and expensive team got beaten by little old Blackburn. That and when Hughes took over we needed to play in your face football to survive. Now it's a cliche and people who repeat and continue to propagate the cliche look like morons. End of.

Edited by NelsenIsGod

To be honest I watched the Wigan match and the majority of the time you just hoofed it up, I watched Diouf hoof it a few times without even looking who he was kicking it to.