This is what relegation scraps are like....

Asprilla

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice you haven't wandered anywhere near the allegation that Blackburn have consistently played thuggish football?

I'll wander near it. It's a load of bollocks, as usual, started by a man trying to explain why his overpaid and expensive team got beaten by little old Blackburn. That and when Hughes took over we needed to play in your face football to survive. Now it's a cliche and people who repeat and continue to propagate the cliche look like morons. End of.

Well said, lets hope that idea catches on.

I notice you haven't wandered anywhere near the allegation that Blackburn have consistently played thuggish football?

I'll wander near it. It's a load of bollocks, as usual, started by a man trying to explain why his overpaid and expensive team got beaten by little old Blackburn. That and when Hughes took over we needed to play in your face football to survive. Now it's a cliche and people who repeat and continue to propagate the cliche look like morons. End of.

:unsure:

fuck off mate, you're a bunch of cloggers, have been for years. Even you so-called flair players dive about and cheat. I can't be arsed to do the leg-work, but I'm willing to bet a tenner that Blackburn have consistently found themselves up at the wrong end of the discipline tables, regardless of management.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable

I'll refer you to this table. Thuggish? No more than your lot obviously (well, as at 30th March maybe a little...) :unsure:

any chance of more information than this season. (p.s. you're at the wrong end of the table by the by)

Oh, no I REALLY didn't notice that. :razz:

Edited by NelsenIsGod

In fact through the entire course of the Premier League despite missing some games through relegation Blackburn are the thirds highest offenders in the discipline table :unsure:

We had a convict in our squad last night. As much as I'd love to argue that our players don't have thuggish tendencies, the history says different.

Happy to admit we've had some thugs playing football for us, but we don't tend to play thuggish football. I see a difference. Every time I watch a Blackburn game it's like watching a game of football through a time warp. They still think clattering into someone is fine and dandy, the little niggly fouls on the half way line, the cheating and diving. It's like the Leeds of old... without the class, obviously.

I'm reading the Damned Utd at the minute and crikey the similarities between Clough's reported opinion on football and mine are staggering...

perhaps my role is obvious, I'm to become a world class manager...

Blackburn are such a nothing club, shit ground, no fans, those fucking drums, bad football and ugly women.

In fact through the entire course of the Premier League despite missing some games through relegation Blackburn are the thirds highest offenders in the discipline table :unsure:

Ever wonder why the smaller teams are at the bottom of that league? Having watched Rovers for years, I've seen our players get yellow cards from some referees for sneezing (metaphorical of course) whilst some 'big' teams get away with assault. It happens with all of the smaller teams. Next time you watch a big 4 team play a smaller team, watch who gets away with more fouls. Genuinely, it's eye-opening.

Honestly? While I will never agree that we have a team of cloggers, we have had some occasionally undisciplined players (Andy Todd for example) and when you're down towards the bottom of the league the team has to do everything it can to stay up. Your lot are doing the same and it results in more fouls, hence your location on the fair play league as well as ours.

And yes, the cliche from one Arsene Wenger still sticks to this day.

We had a convict in our squad last night. As much as I'd love to argue that our players don't have thuggish tendencies, the history says different.

Happy to admit we've had some thugs playing football for us, but we don't tend to play thuggish football. I see a difference. Every time I watch a Blackburn game it's like watching a game of football through a time warp. They still think clattering into someone is fine and dandy, the little niggly fouls on the half way line, the cheating and diving. It's like the Leeds of old... without the class, obviously.

I'm reading the Damned Utd at the minute and crikey the similarities between Clough's reported opinion on football and mine are staggering...

Blackburn are such a nothing club, shit ground, no fans, those fucking drums, bad football and ugly women.

And Newcastle is the only ground I've been at where the fans tried to tear my car to bits with me in it just because I happened to be in a traffic jam coming out of a car park at the end of a game where, incidently, you'd hammered us. And no, it wasn't years ago.

Edited by NelsenIsGod

Are they the ones with the club song that sounds like "My Darling Clementine" played in a minor or is that Bolton? I get them mixed up...

And Newcastle is the only ground I've been at where the fans tried to tear my car to bits with me in it just because I happened to be in a traffic jam coming out of a car park at the end of a game where, incidently, you'd hammered us. And no, it wasn't years ago.

They were probably trying to rescue from the orc in the passenger seat... but it'll serve you right for taking your lass on away days.

I'd agree with that tbf and was just being facetious really. No doubt this bloke thinks I'm agreeing with him though.

And I love this:

It's like he's trying to argue but he's retarded.

the problem with newcastle is certainly not the fans, the numerous managers or really the players, but the people who sit in the boardroom. i dont think newcastles fortunes will change until the "cockney mafia" as you call the go. it is a shame as newcastle are a big club, but i am pretty sure you will go down this season. should have never of got rid of bobby robson for not finishing in a champions league place, remarkably the same as leeds with david o'leary and look where that got them! interesting what happens next season if you go down with the massive wage bill, it could be catastrophic for your beloved club!