Best atmospheres in football

foreverer

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to embed a youtube video

put youtube in these ---> [ ] followed by the bit after v= then close the tage with /youtube in these --->[ ]

Guest Stevie

Anything choreographed is totally wank if you ask me, the attractive thing about football fans is the spontaneity of it all, and most clubs in this country have it. I'd rather have a wank atmosphere than some cunt singing on a mega phone, then the crowd joining in like these pathetic third world sides teams like Red Star Belgrade and Galatasaray, they set a few flares and fire works who gives a cunt? They only get 30000 max against Partizan in the biggest game in Serbia. The best fans are the fans who are loyal, and there aren't that many sides who show a great degree of loyalty, five that stand out for me throughout their histories and barren spells are ourselves, Athletic Bilbao, Sevilla, Marseille, Schalke and Napoli. For the most tuneful crowd in Europe, and it's a reason I love watching their games are Sevilla. I can't believe idiots are suckered in by the "Delije" shows people are mug, they're nothing but cunts if you ask me, the fact their average gate is 7,000 tells you waht mugs they are, and Galatasaray, oh dear. Football crowds in Turkey are a new thing about ten years ago a Fenerbahce v GS game coincided with Turkey being in the European basketball final, and just 5000 turned up for the football. La la la la la ooooooh cheembombom - wanks.

The best atmosphere the late Brian Moore said he ever witnessed was at St James' that night in 1997, even the fuckin directors box were singing that neet. I would say Celtic had a good atmosphere, but they go completely silent if they're not winning after 5 minutes, even in Europe, and again the choreographed YNWA, is tired and it makes me cringe, the self cogratulation of total glory hunting mugs who sing it at Anfield and Parkhead thinking they are something special. I think the loudest four atmospheres I can remember other than ourselves just seeing them on telly, were Rangers v Marseille in 1993, these foreign cunts don't hold a candle to that sort of atmosphere, Man Utd v Porto in 1997, and Liverpool v Chelsea in 2005 - the only night where I can remember being impressed by their crowd, but if you can't get up for that you're shite. This island collectively has the richest football culture, and the most GENUINELY engrained passionate football fans en masse. I repeat choreographed crowds are shit. In Germany the announcer goes "number eins Jens" and the daft cunt krauts all 50000 of them go "LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHMAAAAAAAAAAAAANN" if that was ever implemented here I'd stop going.

I think Spurs have the best fans and the best atmosphere.

:aye:

this one is just adorable... can we keep him?

Spurs aren't even the best fans in London. White Hart Lane is definitely not the best atmosphere. The Tempest End at Kingsmeadow makes more noise than tottenham's whole bloody stadium.

Guest Stevie
I think Spurs have the best fans and the best atmosphere.

:aye:

this one is just adorable... can we keep him?

Spurs aren't even the best fans in London. White Hart Lane is definitely not the best atmosphere. The Tempest End at Kingsmeadow makes more noise than tottenham's whole bloody stadium.

Not even trying to wind anyone up, there are AT LEAST four clubs in London with more passionate fans than Tottenham, at the very least.

Not even trying to wind anyone up, there are AT LEAST four clubs in London with more passionate fans than Tottenham, at the very least.

Millwall, Fulham, Charlton & QPR?

Mental

Mental

Yeah you are right, Fulham's shite. Upton Park has a better atmosphere.

Yeah I'd agree Upton Park is better than White Hart Lane.

Marginally, both nasty little grounds supported by council flats and takeaways but West Ham just have the edge.

Guest Stevie

You're taking the piss? Fucking Fulham :aye:

Brentford, Chelsea (proper), West Ham and Millwall, there are others like QPR you could put an argument up for, not Fulham though.

Guest Stevie
I'm sure 60 % of Fulham attendees are made up of tourists and away fans.

Half them are Japanese tourists who still think Inamoto is there, and the rest are Aussie backpackers.