Best atmospheres in football

foreverer

Not even trying to wind anyone up, there are AT LEAST four clubs in London with more passionate fans than Tottenham, at the very least.

Millwall, Fulham, Charlton & QPR?

You're taking the piss? Fucking Fulham :aye:

Brentford, Chelsea (proper), West Ham and Millwall, there are others like QPR you could put an argument up for, not Fulham though.

Of course I'm taking the piss.

Fulham is made up of 'merican and Japanese (because they had a Japanese player ONCE) tourists.

But what would piss a spud off more, someone including the new library or Craven Cottage? I went irony opposed to "religion!"

I would argue for QPR being included. Palace would rate better than the shite of WHL tbh.

edit: it appears Stevie you've seen through me as I typed! :scratchhead:

Edited by sammynb

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even trying to wind anyone up, there are AT LEAST four clubs in London with more passionate fans than Tottenham, at the very least.

Brentford, Chelsea (proper), West Ham and Millwall, there are others like QPR you could put an argument up for, not Fulham though.

You really don't have a clue do you?

You're obviously talking to Stevie there by the way you've quoted it so I will leave it to him to remind you how much of a spineless, boring cunt you are.

Yes it was directed at Stevie and the more I hear him spout, the more I think he doesn't even go to football.

You love him man.

I'm guessing one of those youtube clips (I can't be arsed to open them tbh) is River Plate/Boca Juniors? If not, I nominate River Plate/Boca Juniors. I've promised mesel 'll get there one day. Anyone fancy a tt beano to BA sometime ??? :aye: (they're bound to have a bar called La Trent Casa).

Guest Stevie

Neither do you, these clubs are infinitely more passionately supported than Tottenham you are a wank support, and I think that's accepted across the board, I have fuck all idea why you would think other wise. Just read Gazza's book for his take on Spurs fans.

Guest Stevie
Yes it was directed at Stevie and the more I hear him spout, the more I think he doesn't even go to football.

I guarantee I had been to more games at the age of 16 than you've been to in your life, never mind having 14 season tickets since then. You get so emotional :aye: People probably think though that I'm actively looking from a bite from you judging by your emotional response, I'm not I genuinely believe in my heart you have shit fans. The FA Cup Semi Final in 1999 summed your whole club and support up, was a great occasion for us, and we generated a fantastic atmosphere which George Graham commented on, but the year before against Sheffield United was something special because there was TWO passionate supports in that big stadium. I have no idea where you could get the idea your club in passionately supported.

Edited by Stevie

I'm guessing one of those youtube clips (I can't be arsed to open them tbh) is River Plate/Boca Juniors? If not, I nominate River Plate/Boca Juniors. I've promised mesel 'll get there one day. Anyone fancy a tt beano to BA sometime ??? :aye: (they're bound to have a bar called La Trent Casa).

Went to Argentina last month. Saw River Plate v San Martin which was absolutely mental, the best atmosphere in a match I've ever been to. The atmosphere at River is supposed to be tame relative to Boca. Boca v River must be absolutely superb.

Guest Stevie

Went to Argentina last month. Saw River Plate v San Martin which was absolutely mental, the best atmosphere in a match I've ever been to. The atmosphere at River is supposed to be tame relative to Boca. Boca v River must be absolutely superb.

In terms of the social class of fans River Plate are your Tottenham (Guardian reading, Polo watching, £100 meal in restaurant eating cunts), while Boca Juniors are your Newcastle, working class heroes, with Maradona their hero.

I'm guessing one of those youtube clips (I can't be arsed to open them tbh) is River Plate/Boca Juniors? If not, I nominate River Plate/Boca Juniors. I've promised mesel 'll get there one day. Anyone fancy a tt beano to BA sometime ??? :scratchhead: (they're bound to have a bar called La Trent Casa).

In terms of the social class of fans River Plate are your Tottenham (Guardian reading, Polo watching, £100 meal in restaurant eating cunts), while Boca Juniors are your Newcastle, working class heroes, with Maradona their hero.

:aye:

Boca Juniors are your Newcastle, working class heroes, with Maradona their hero.

One of the reasons I like Maradona is that I saw a documentary on him about this side of him - very much a working class kid - he even upset a shit load of establishment wankers when he got married as his lass was some society/upper class bint that "should" have been beyond him.

That doc (which you can also buy) The Story of Football which was in about 8 parts had one part all about the way in which football became popular in South America. Basically, iirc, River Plate was founded by posh English merchants whereas Boca was supported by the slum-dwelling immigrants from Italy etc.

I have never experienced anything like the Old firm game that i went to a few years ago. I don't know about 'best atmosphere' but it was certainly the most partizan.

Edited by BigAl

You have never been to Tottenham.

He was on about the fans rather than the area :aye:

Guest Stevie

I've never been to Tottenham since my 16th birthday in 1993. Awful rodent like place with a rodent like club in the middle of it.

He was on about the fans rather than the area :aye:

I have only read a guardian if I find one on the tube, the only polo I know is a shirt and £100 in London won't buy you a starter...