Sunday's team

Chaser

Our lass watched Liverpool Arsenal with me, then the pompey game this week. When she saw who we were playing next, her face was a picture. "Are you in the same league?"

Not for long pet.

I'm surprised there wasn't a stiff reprimand. :aye:

Sympathy nosh?

Our lass watched Liverpool Arsenal with me, then the pompey game this week. When she saw who we were playing next, her face was a picture. "Are you in the same league?"

Not for long pet.

I'm surprised there wasn't a stiff reprimand. :aye:

Sympathy nosh?

Pizza surprise. :scratchhead:

I just hope we mark Gerrard this time. The amount of space he had when we played them earlier in the season was a joke. It was like a parting of the waves whenever he got the ball.

agree. Do you think we ever consider a man marking system in games like these, i.e. play 5 in midfield with one person role to stick to Gerrard like glue?

if so, who do you reckon would get the job? For me it would be Smith.

Given

Craig, Moncur, Albert, Kennedy

Green, Batty, Gascoigne, Waddle

Shearer, Beardsley

That would be nice!

David fucking Batty!! Have a word!

he'd handle gerrard

Smith would probably get sent off at some stage in the game if we put him on Gerrard. Might be worth it if the sending off is for a tackle that injures Gerrard though.

I would be quite happy to play for the draw, which is aiming higher than my expectations for this game already. You don't know how much I would love it, just love it, if we managed to get the draw or even a win though. I'm sick of getting sick off all my Liverpool supporting mates, and it would at least shut them up for a bit.

Given

Shearer, Beardsley

That would be nice!

I loved Rob Lee, but with this fantasy side we would need someone to win the ball!

--------------Harper

Beye--Collocini--Bassong--Duff

----Smith---Butt--Guthrie

-----------------------------Martins

----------Viduka--Owen

I keep changing my mind tbh. However, looking at the above, I'd probably swap smith for Jonas and go with the below - for now until I change my mind again.......

--------------Harper

Beye--Collocini--Bassong--Duff

----Jonas---Butt--Guthrie

-----------------------------Martins

----------Viduka--Owen

Owen is in a barren run, no doubt about it, but he's a better finisher than Martins IMO. If I had to bet on one, I'd take Owen.

Viduka is the key for me though. We can't cross to save our lives or score from outside the box so playing off Viduka is all we have left.

whatever we do we need Jonas on the left to help protect the weaker Duff (who will be playing left back) Jonas one job is to slow liverpool rampaging up the right hand side

other than that, we are fucked, can't be arsed to pick a team, none of the lazy cunts want to play anyway, they just want the money they pickup each week

turn out the Academy side

Given

Shearer, Beardsley

That would be nice!

I loved Rob Lee, but with this fantasy side we would need someone to win the ball!

Batty was a ball winner! right old battler in midfield he was

harper

beye taylor bassong enrique (if fit)

guthrie smith butt barton lovenkdrans

owen/martins/viduka/carrol. (fittest whatever blah blah )

the whole team is shit anyway but i would pack the midfield

--------------------Harper-Forster-Krul----------------------------

Beye--STaylor--Coloccini--Cacapa--Bassong--Edgar--RTaylor--Enrique

Easy this management lark ;)

----------------------------Harper--------------------------

------------Beye----------Bassong----------------Colo

-------------------Butt---------------Smith---------------

Jonas-------------------Barton-------------------Lovenkrands

--------------------Martins-----Viduka-------------------

We aint got a LB and I wouldnt have duff there against Liverpool, Lovenkrands and Jonas will have to put a shift in tracking back and looking to create things, honestly I think we will get rolled over but I would say the 3 in the middle wont shirk a battle be surprised if we finish with 11 tho`

Liverpool like tp play narrow and if Kuyt takes his usual inside right position its not like our left back will have a flier to contend with - i reckon man for man on gerrard and play percentage hoofball to try and keep us in the game for as long as possible - viduka and martins/lovenkrandts up front and ditch owen for this one