Newcastle Blue Star v Curzon Ashton

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie

Get yourself along if you can eh? If they win they go in to the Unibond Premier Division and would be just three promotions off the Football League. The toon could do with another team I think, not a rival more a nephew type club.

Also, Heed play late on Sunday afternoon against Southport in the second leg of their playoff semi so get your arses along there to support them after watching us get hammered. They're 1-0 up after winning at Southport's gaff so they stand a bloody good chance.

Sorry Stevie, I kna you wont like this ;)

Edited by Ketsbaia

Guest Stevie
Also, Heed play late on Sunday afternoon against Southport in the second leg of their playoff semi so get your arses along there to support them after watching us get hammered. They're 1-0 up after winning at Southport's gaff so they stand a bloody good chance.

I think the stadium puts me off going to watch Gateshead. I seen Southport last week at Blyth and they are utterly wank, I have no idea how they got in the play offs. Gateshead could well be in the Conference last week. A town the size of Gateshead pop. 160,000? should be able to comfortably sustain League football, but the residents will always support the toon. Mind if they do go up I hope they hump Luton, for all the shit we've had against them down the years.

Guest alex

Gateshead did alright as a league side (probably on the basis that either Newcastle or Sunderland were away on any given Saturday). They finished 3rd bottom when they failed go get re-elected in the Football League (what's all that about btw?) and I think it was the only time they'd finished in the bottom 4 of the old 4th Division.

Guest Stevie
Gateshead did alright as a league side (probably on the basis that either Newcastle or Sunderland were away on any given Saturday). They finished 3rd bottom when they failed go get re-elected in the Football League (what's all that about btw?) and I think it was the only time they'd finished in the bottom 4 of the old 4th Division.

They beat the dippers in a League game at Rotary Road (where the Pitz is now) which was their old home.

Guest alex

They beat the dippers in a League game at Rotary Road (where the Pitz is now) which was their old home.

When they both in the old 2nd Div, aye?

Guest Stevie

aye before the glory hunter explosion when Liverpool were no bigger than Luton.

Guest alex

Never knew about that like. Obviously I knew Gateshead and Liverpool had both been in the 2nd tier. Just not at the same time.

I'm sure all of those trophies they won had something to do with them becoming bigger than Luton.

I think the stadium puts me off going to watch Gateshead. I seen Southport last week at Blyth and they are utterly wank, I have no idea how they got in the play offs. Gateshead could well be in the Conference last week. A town the size of Gateshead pop. 160,000? should be able to comfortably sustain League football, but the residents will always support the toon. Mind if they do go up I hope they hump Luton, for all the shit we've had against them down the years.

The IS is a completely wank stadium to watch football in. IIRC they're trying to get planning permission to build a new'un.

Guest Stevie

The IS is a completely wank stadium to watch football in. IIRC they're trying to get planning permission to build a new'un.

Where?

Guest Stevie

Where?

They should play at Dunston Fed.

Reports yesterday suggested that Bob Morton was due to step down as chairman of Blue Star- without his external funding then the club will disappear entirely. Playing in a ghost stadium with 90 fans while paying very decent money to players like McClen and Brayson is unsustainable.

Gateshead will do Southport in the playoffs but Telford in the final could be tricky.

Durham also had a good season, winning the Unibond North at the first attempt.

Where?

No idea. The location is being kept very quite by Graham Wood and co. but apparently it's going to be 6k capacity and ready for 2011/12 season.

I'd be amazed if anyone could get planning permission, design work and building done in 2 years.

A lot of non-league chairman have grand plans about grounds, not that many ever come to fruition.

Bradford Park Avenue is run by a wealthy mentalist who has already bought the land for a 10,000 all-seater. Will never be built though.

I'd be amazed if anyone could get planning permission, design work and building done in 2 years.

Gateshead's new ground has been 2+ years in the planning so far, so it's hardly like the club are starting the process from now. The land has been purchased, and the rumour is that it will be announced at the end of the season with building starting within the next year. It's said to be a 6,000 capacity stadium, very similar to Burton Albion's Pirelli Stadium.

Congratulations to Blue Star, won 4-1 and are promoted to the Unibond Premier Division. Hopefully Gateshead can join the promotion party and get back into the Conference National, Semi-Final 2nd leg v Southport tomorrow K.O. 5pm at Gateshead Stadium.