Newcastle - Liverpool.. official match thread

tommo

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that aside, I'd recommend spending a few quiet moments at the Hillsborough memorial.

If you head along at around 12ish then a couple of NUSC members are laying a wreath from Newcastle fans at the memorial, any fans in the area at the time who wish to come and pay their respects would be most welcome. Would be nice to see a good number of toon fans at the time.

Hope he doesnt play 1 striker and try for a 0-0, there is no way we will not conceed against them, our defence isnt exactly great.I would have Oba and Vid up top but they proberbly wont get much service, pretty depressing really

Ive heard that torres is injured and not playing. There goes key point of attack for liverpool.

Report: Liverpool Lose Fernando Torres For Newcastle Clash

The latest reports indicate that 'El Nino' will be forced to sit out the Reds' crunch encounter against the Magpies...

According to the News of the World, Liverpool will be without their superstar striker, Fernando Torres, when they host Newcastle United on Sunday afternoon.

The tabloid's Anfield expert, Chris Bascombe, claims that the Spaniard has suffered a recurrence of the hamstring injury that has troubled him throughout the campaign.

While the problem is only minor, it is understood that Reds boss Rafael Benitez has decided to wrap his compatriot in cotton wool ahead of the Toon's visit to Merseyside.

If proven true, this news will be a huge blow for the club, who may now have to wait another week to partner Torres and the returning Steven Gerrard in attack.

Liverpool need all three points against Newcastle if they are to keep in touch with Manchester United, who beat Middlesbrough on Saturday to skip six points ahead in the Premier League race.

All we need now is for someone to snap Gerrard in half and our chances go up from zero to about 5% :(

Maybe this is the plan for Joey :)

hes probably not got a lot of friends on Merseyside anyway ;)

All we need now is for someone to snap Gerrard in half and our chances go up from zero to about 5% :rolleyes:

Maybe this is the plan for Joey :(

Trouble is I doubt Barton could get close enough to Gerrard to get a decent kick in :)

Maybe one of his trademark studs-down-the-back-of-the-achilles jobs is a possibility like :scratchchin:

All we need now is for someone to snap Gerrard in half and our chances go up from zero to about 5% :)

Trouble is I doubt Barton could get close enough to Gerrard to get a decent kick in :)

Maybe one of his trademark studs-down-the-back-of-the-achilles jobs is a possibility like :scratchchin:

:rolleyes: no chance of us trying to outplay them, just to injure

I consider myself a purist, but I'd take anything at all today, however it was achieved. A diving cunt like Gerrard's fair game anyway surely? ;)

I don't think we've got a prayer regardless like :)

All we need now is for someone to snap Gerrard in half and our chances go up from zero to about 5% :)

I was thinking pre-kick off. Just as the scousers start a huddle, Joey legs it over, twats Gerrard, three other Scousers get involved and either he nobbles them or they get sent off too. 3/4 scousers down and Barton sent off. :rolleyes:

we'll still lose but not by as much and at least all the headlines will be on JB and not how shite we were

Not even the fact that Torres is ruled out will help us - we probably will keep it 0-0 for the first 30 mins or so and then collapse after the first conceded goal.

Is there any need to watch this game eh?!

LFC: Pepe Reina, Daniel Agger, Steven Gerrard, Albert Riera, Fabio Aurelio, Xabi Alonso, Yossi Benayoun, Alvaro Arbeloa, Dirk Kuyt, Javier Mascherano, Jamie Carragher

Subs: Diego Cavalieri, Andrea Dossena, Ryan Babel, Lucas, David Ngog, Nabil El Zhar, Martin Skrtel

NUFC: Steve Harper, Habib Beye, Damien Duff, Sebastien Bassong, Fabricio Coloccini, Nicky Butt ©, Alan Smith, Joey Barton, Peter Lovenkrands, Oba Martins, Mark Viduka

Subs: Tim Krul, Kevin Nolan, Michael Owen, Danny Guthrie, Andy Carroll, David Edgar, Jonas Gutierrez

LFC: Pepe Reina, Daniel Agger, Steven Gerrard, Albert Riera, Fabio Aurelio, Xabi Alonso, Yossi Benayoun, Alvaro Arbeloa, Dirk Kuyt, Javier Mascherano, Jamie Carragher

Subs: Diego Cavalieri, Andrea Dossena, Ryan Babel, Lucas, David Ngog, Nabil El Zhar, Martin Skrtel

NUFC: Steve Harper, Habib Beye, Damien Duff, Sebastien Bassong, Fabricio Coloccini, Nicky Butt ©, Alan Smith, Joey Barton, Peter Lovenkrands, Oba Martins, Mark Viduka

Subs: Tim Krul, Kevin Nolan, Michael Owen, Danny Guthrie, Andy Carroll, David Edgar, Jonas Gutierrez

So he did the deed after all. Wise man. But what is 'the hair' doing back in the starting XI, I thought we'd seen the last of him...aaaghh! :)

3-0 or worse to them I suspect. One to watch from behind the couch ;)