Got water cannoned on Fri night.

Park Life

Just in Sternchanze for a few beers. We were outside due to the weather, both sides of the street were lined with peaceful drinkers etc having a nice evening. On this road there is a kind of punk/anarchist collective in a building called Rota Flora and due to the date there was I guess 25-40 odd dressed in black being a bit rowdy - barely being noticed.

Out of nowhere riot police and 3 water cannon trucks pulled up at around 9.30 and the little group of ran into the park behind and lobbed a few stones. Locals reckoned it was a yearly show of force by the police. Now and again one or two trouble makers would run upto the trucks and take the piss etc...

Really nothing much at all.

The cops megaphoned telling everyone in the street to go home :) , ridiculous asking a street full of peaceful drinkers who done nowt to go home, so nobody moved. About half an hour later they water cannoned the whole street. Ridiculous, cowardly and dangeroud. People literally being thrown against windows by the power of the jet etc..

I got a tiny bit on me leg as I darted into the bar. ;)

Thinking you can have a peaceful night out in the Schanzenviertel on May 1st seems like borderline idiocy. What was your other plan, going for a quiet kebab to Kreuzberg?

Thinking you can have a peaceful night out in the Schanzenviertel on May 1st seems like borderline idiocy. What was your other plan, going for a quiet kebab to Kreuzberg?

So all the other 1000 or so peaceful drinkers were idiots. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

:)

Seriously man the police almost started the trouble with their behaviour.

Water cannon ffs!

Water cannon ffs!

Wireless taser nets are the future. ;)

Some 19 yr old was sitting in the bar a bit later, proper drenched and shaking. It fucking hurts that jet. Really didn't see the need to water cannon a whole road for the sake of 30 or so nutters.

Water cannon ffs!

Some 19 yr old was sitting in the bar a bit later, proper drenched and shaking. It fucking hurts that jet. Really didn't see the need to water cannon a whole road for the sake of 30 or so nutters.

Fire water at a high enough pressure and it'll cut through steel. :)

But some of the things they are looking at for "crowd control" are disturbing.

Water cannon ffs!

The sound thing and the microwave thing?

Water cannon ffs!

The sound thing and the microwave thing?

Force you to listen to Cliff Richard's greatest hits and serve up ready meals. It works best on pensioners apparently.

So all the other 1000 or so peaceful drinkers were idiots. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Water cannon ffs!

It's what happens there every May 1st though.

Water cannon ffs!

They didn't water cannon last year tbf....

The problem is that the Rota flora has been bought by a millionaire who has left it as is...This is what is winding up the authorities, cause they were

quite keen to seize it.

They did warn you....

Everyone started laughing so I didn't take it seriously...Using WC on bystanders in 2009 is a joke!! The sun umbrellas were flying around and someone could have got seriously hurt for no reason other than standing outside a bar having a beer.

Water cannon ffs!

The problem is that the Rota flora has been bought by a millionaire who has left it as is...This is what is winding up the authorities, cause they were

quite keen to seize it.

The problem is that there are loads of dickheads on both sides. Police isn't really helping themselves with their tactics and antics (in Berlin as well), but among the anarchists are loads of absolutely idiots whose idea of anti-capitalism protest is to gain the right to loot and destroy shops (as happened in previous years). The huge police presence isn't because there has been everything peaceful in the past.

They did warn you....

Everyone started laughing so I didn't take it seriously...Using WC on bystanders in 2009 is a joke!! The sun umbrellas were flying around and someone could have got seriously hurt for no reason other than standing outside a bar having a beer.

I was only kidding ;)

They did warn you....

I was only kidding ;)

De riddim is king innit. :)

Water cannon ffs!

quite keen to seize it.

The problem is that there are loads of dickheads on both sides. Police isn't really helping themselves with their tactics and antics (in Berlin as well), but among the anarchists are loads of absolutely idiots whose idea of anti-capitalism protest is to gain the right to loot and destroy shops (as happened in previous years). The huge police presence isn't because there has been everything peaceful in the past.

Fair post.

Seems to me, taht is life replicated itself in Parky's posts, then naturally, the authorities would take the appropriate action to 'decommision' him. Expel him from his adopted country. Parky, he is but an imigrant. Bit of water on his leg? Fuckin he should have be executed by now......cat with 9 lives if you ask me.

Seems to me, taht is life replicated itself in Parky's posts, then naturally, the authorities would take the appropriate action to 'decommision' him. Expel him from his adopted country. Parky, he is but an imigrant. Bit of water on his leg? Fuckin he should have be executed by now......cat with 9 lives if you ask me.

I must deliver the message. ;)

Parkster, would it be unreasonable for me to 'suggest' that The Eagles were a better group i.e. songs alone, than The Stones Roses? I'm 100% of the view that the Eagles kill the Roses right now. I know they are two entirely different groups.......and I am not joking.

Parkster, would it be unreasonable for me to 'suggest' that The Eagles were a better group i.e. songs alone, than The Stones Roses? I'm 100% of the view that the Eagles kill the Roses right now. I know they are two entirely different groups.......and I am not joking.

I'm not in a fit state to lay a ruling on this right now, but I shall give it some thought.