Joey Barton

smoggeordie

And your view about Barton?

He's a dick but that wasn't a straight red.

Another agree to disagree then. If that'd been Mascherano doing it to Jonas, I reckon there'd be very few on here who would have said it was a legit challenge.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig the scouse sympathizer! I bet you had a shellsuit on at the match Hayton!

Fuck off Scott - trying to defend that cunt is ridiculous man. He's a fucking animal.

Quite what bringing the opposition into it is going to do I've no idea. If he'd done that against Sunderland I'd be saying exactly the same.

And as I've said elsewhere, I've no more sympathy for Martins. £10m striker? You've got to be kidding me - lazy arsed cunt.

Calm down, calm down. I think you've got scouse flu!

As for Martins, turns out yours truly was right all along about that useless twat. You should set up a sticky for people to apologize to me. :D

I'm no fan of Martins but he is playing with an injury, that is clearly obvious.

Are you ready to apologise about Owen though? ;)

Martins is shit man. It's been obvious for ages.

Why would I apologise about Owen?

It wasn't that bad a tackle (on the corner flag with no danger)

The kid provoked him (into punching the shit out of him)

The kid provoked him (into putting a cigar out in his eye)

Dabo tried to win the ball (what other action could be taken than punching his face in?)

The taxi driver wanted paying (so his taxi deserved to be smashed up)

Maybe once Barton is able to take responsibility for any of the shit he's constantly in, then he'll be to control it in future.

I was never in the ship him out brigade, but he's taken everything from this club and it's fans and given nothing back....so fuck him.

Totally agree

He's a prick who's done nothing to deserve any more chances. He'll be off in the summer and the only regret anyone will have is that wasted time and money on him that we could have used to sign a player who actually plays a reasonable amount of games. Hopefully we can find some reason to sack him without paying up his contract because he is comepletely worthless to us now.

Fuck off Scott - trying to defend that cunt is ridiculous man. He's a fucking animal.

Quite what bringing the opposition into it is going to do I've no idea. If he'd done that against Sunderland I'd be saying exactly the same.

And as I've said elsewhere, I've no more sympathy for Martins. £10m striker? You've got to be kidding me - lazy arsed cunt.

As for Martins, turns out yours truly was right all along about that useless twat. You should set up a sticky for people to apologize to me. :D

I'm no fan of Martins but he is playing with an injury, that is clearly obvious.

Your rimming of him. :D

Your rimming of him. :D

Tromboning more like :D

Haha says Jimbo wearing his Martins 9 shirt. :D

Seriously though, I've done it again, the kiss of death of the Jimbo shirt, first Hamman, then Dyer, and now Martins, if I ever mention getting a name and number on a shirt again you have permission to bitch-slap me.

There'll be no one worth getting on your shirt for a good while I wouldn't think. I've seen people at the match with Nolan 4 on their shirts ffs! Talk about barrel scraping.

The kid who used to sit near me with Marcelino on his must have regretted that like.

Must have been a distant relative of mine, did he have hairy palms ?

Guest alex
The kid who used to sit near me with Marcelino on his must have regretted that like.

Hairy palms and baldy pate :D

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/200...an-apology.html

George Caulkin

In the past, this newspaper, along with many others, may have inadvertently given the impression that Joey Barton should be granted a second chance. Subsequently, we may have acquiesced in the process of allowing him a third, fourth and fifth chance. Unfortunately, memory fails us and we can no longer remember which number of chances Mr Barton has now reached. But we apologise, unreservedly.

Furthermore, The Times has previously used quotes in which - to borrow from the Bumper Book of Football Cliches - Mr Barton has “opened his heart” or “bared his soul” regarding his latest indiscretion and we have printed them, albeit in good faith. If we’re being brutally honest, we’ll do it again, because that’s how this business works but, again, we apologise. The truth is that, to a certain degree, we fell for it.

Speaking of chances, we’re enamoured with the Sporting Chance clinic, the facility dedicated to helping sportsmen and women deal with addiction, which was founded by Tony Adams, the former England captain, and is run with dignity by Peter Kay (not that one). We have publicised their work with Barton and the work he has put back into it, because we think it has merit. Should we apologise for that?

We apologise for listening to a long list of managers at Newcastle United (five at the last count, although it may have changed by the time you read this), babble enthusiastically about Barton’s changed “character”. We held our noses and wrote the story, half convincing ourselves that all these football men must know something we don’t. That there must be more to it than self-interest.

We believe in humanity and we believe in redemption and we believe that there are different shades of right and wrong - in spite of Newcastle’s colours, not every issue is black and white - but we have always believed that the most self-destructive club in the country should never have signed it’s most self-destructive footballer. Never mind Barton, how many chances do Newcastle want?

We do not apologise for feeling nauseous at the way Newcastle has been utterly mismanaged. Even now, we marvel when we consider the arrogance of successive regimes - a club that has provoked such a widespread collection of corrosive headlines believing it is the appropriate home for Barton. And even last summer, when Barton was imprisoned and Newcastle perched warily on the moral high ground, they botched their attempts to tie him to a contract on reduced terms and then dismiss him.

Nor do we apologise for standing squarely alongside Alan Shearer in his attempts to impose some order on a club bereft of leadership. We support his decision to suspend Barton until further notice. We do so because after a lifetime of watching Newcastle and a decade of watching Shearer, we know what he has done for the club. We know that his instincts are sound, that his motivation cannot be questioned. We know that behind the scenes he is laying down a structure and discipline and the most amazing thing about it is not what is being done, but that it needs to be at all. We will accept his mistakes, because they will be honest ones. We will forgive him his inexperience as a manager, because he is one of us.

We do not apologise for thinking it is reasonable for professional footballers to report for training on time. To eat together. To spend extra hours on the training pitch or on the treatment table when injured, if it can help their cause against relegation. We do not care one jot if some Newcastle players - the same underachievers and vanity signings who have participated in the club’s demise - do not like it. If fact, we like it if they don’t like it. We believe that Shearer must be given the tools to do the job full-time and long-term, although we do not believe that Mike Ashley can be relied upon to take the correct decision.

Cards on the table time. We love Newcastle, just as we love Sunderland and Middlesbrough. And, no, that isn’t a cop out - we’re ferociously proud of the north east, a region often treated with disdain by the rest of the country, that has battled through economic deprivation to reinvent itself and now finds itself battling through deprivation again. We love the people, the geography, the passion.

We love the rhythms of Tyneside, the bustle of the city and the fact that its football club infiltrates every aspect of its life. We feel the history pressing in on us; we toast the achievements and reputations of men like Jackie Milburn, Kevin Keegan, Sir Bobby Robson and Shearer and shake our heads. We wonder how long supporters will continue to fill the stands, at St James‘ Park and also at the Stadium of Light and the Riverside Stadium, in the face of so much engrained disillusion. We love football, but we hate it, too.

We apologise if this column appears to wallow in misery; it doesn’t, but what else is there? We apologise for looking ahead to next Monday night’s fixture between Newcastle and Middlesbrough and feeling sick at the prospect. We apologise if the mixture of sarcasm and anger on this page, confuses or jars. We apologise if it feels as though there is no theme. Week upon week, there is only one: this has been an apology of a season.

Hairy palms and baldy pate :D

Got to be, who needs DNA with evidence like that ! ;)

I'm amazed that anyone can defend Barton or the tackle. I'm disgusted that a large section of our fans cheered him off when it is obvious he has just fucked the club over. And I'm disappointed some people are using this as an excuse to have a pop at Shearer. Oh well.

I'm amazed that anyone can defend Barton or the tackle. I'm disgusted that a large section of our fans cheered him off when it is obvious he has just fucked the club over. And I'm disappointed some people are using this as an excuse to have a pop at Shearer. Oh well.

I honestly think he'd have been booed off the park had we been at home.

Aye. All he said is he's not impressed.

It's hardly Souness categorically stating Bellamy would not play for him again and taking millions off his selling price.

Alreet fatty?