Joey Barton

smoggeordie

I'm amazed that anyone can defend Barton or the tackle. I'm disgusted that a large section of our fans cheered him off when it is obvious he has just fucked the club over. And I'm disappointed some people are using this as an excuse to have a pop at Shearer. Oh well.

Alreet fatty?

:D

Where the fuck have you been anyway? Is it true you're not renewing next year? ;)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm amazed that anyone can defend Barton or the tackle. I'm disgusted that a large section of our fans cheered him off when it is obvious he has just fucked the club over. And I'm disappointed some people are using this as an excuse to have a pop at Shearer. Oh well.

Alreet fatty?

Where the fuck have you been anyway? Is it true you're not renewing next year? ;)

It's unlikely I will. I'm wavering a bit but am pretty much sick of having the piss taken by these twats. If kinnear comes back, there's no way I'm renewing.

Just in case you don't hate him enough, he's been ramming this as well

Won't be long until he kicks the shit out of her too and we can read about it in both the front and back pages.

As for Barton, he's an animal and I can't wait to see the back of him. How many 'chances'? I'm sure some promoted team will pay something for him when we go down, so it won't be a total loss...

Just in case you don't hate him enough, he's been ramming this as well

Ah well that explains it. Probably couldn't wait to get out of the game and back into her.

Credit to Shearer for suspending him. He has been a violent, disgusting sack of crap for too long, and up until now it has been a fine here or there and not much else. I'd look into whether I could cancel his contract, yet keep his player registration, thus leaving him in limbo. His previous managers have made excuses for his behaviour and kept saying he is trying to get better, but Shearer had the moral fibre to tell him he's a nob.

Didn't Big Fat Sam sign him when he was up there? There is idle, unfounded speculation that Rovers may consider a move in the summer. If that was the case I would hold Allardyce in a similar standing to you guys.

I joined up to voice my views on Joey Barton to be honest the lad is a disgrace to the English game after watching him smash the hell out of that kid on the cctv camera he should of been sack full stop .

Maybe the media have overeacted about the tackle but he was on his last chance and by showing his crazy side again he has shown that he hasnt changed one bit.

Newcastle should keep the dignity and sack him .

I joined up to voice my views on Joey Barton to be honest the lad is a disgrace to the English game after watching him smash the hell out of that kid on the cctv camera he should of been sack full stop .

Maybe the media have overeacted about the tackle but he was on his last chance and by showing his crazy side again he has shown that he hasnt changed one bit.

Newcastle should keep the dignity and sack him .

Welcome to the board, I'm sure none of us would disagree with that.

Suspended until further notice.

I wonder how long that will be?

until further notice....

Best natural defensive midfielder in country shame he's a nutter like, annoys me that everyone still thinks Stevie Gerrards a hero though. If we get rid it's up there with the worst of the decisions made this season.

Cracking player that will fight for the cause and it seems evident to me Shearer can't people manage and has had a go.

Best natural defensive midfielder in country shame he's a nutter like, annoys me that everyone still thinks Stevie Gerrards a hero though. If we get rid it's up there with the worst of the decisions made this season.

Cracking player that will fight for the cause and it seems evident to me Shearer can't people manage and has had a go.

You what?

Personality etc apart, he isn't the best natural defensive midfielder at NUFC never mind the country. :D

Can't say I agree. He's hardly turned out for us and he's never hit his Man City form when he has from what I can tell. In addition he's generated bad publicity through his own actions and shown little evidence that he's capable of change. This latest episode points to a lack of respect for the club and its predicament imo.

Some players just never seem destined to do anything regardless of how they look on paper. In Barton's case it seems to be a mixture of bad luck with injuries and a radgee mentality. Whatever the reason he's not worth the aggravation, disruption and expense imo and we should get rid if we can as there'll be more to come from him I'm sure.

Newcastle ready to sack 'bad boy' Joey Barton

Barton was told to stay away from the club following a furious dressing-room row with manager Alan Shearer in the wake of his dismissal in the 3-0 defeat at Liverpool, which ruled him out of the club's fight against relegation.

Barton, 26, is resigned to the prospect there will no reconciliation with Shearer but a legal battle could unfold if the club decide to terminate his lucrative contract that does not expire until 2012, although that could be averted if he is made available in a cut-price deal.

However, a source close to Barton told Telegraph Sport: "Any case of gross misconduct against Joey would be robustly defended."

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp – who tried to take him to Portsmouth last year – and Blackburn's Sam Allardyce, who signed Barton for Newcastle, are expected to be among those brave enough to offer the midfielder an escape route from Tyneside.

"Some perspective needs to be put into this," the source added. "I couldn't totally rule out Joey pulling on a black and white shirt again, even if Newcastle are relegated, but it's probably fair to say that if Shearer is there he won't be and that will probably be a mutual decision.

"He's led a very quiet existence over the last six months. He's been exemplary off the pitch. He's still dry. There were no fisticuffs, none of the two of them fronting each other up or eyeballing each other. Joe's never short of an opinion but that's all he ever does in the dressing room."

Barton incurred Shearer's wrath after a crude challenge on Xabi Alonso prompted a three-match ban. That was followed by Newcastle's announcement the player "had been suspended from the club until further notice".

"The guy has continually bought Newcastle United into disrepute," former striker Malcolm Macdonald said. "In the short time he has been at Newcastle, he has either been injured, in prison or in trouble. Heaven help whatever club he does join."

Barton left as details emerged of Shearer's disciplinarian approach – including his '12 Commandments' that, for example, see players fined for tardiness.

A Newcastle insider said: "Alan may have been cracking the whip but it's long overdue. He's brought back discipline and professionalism that were watchwords for him in his playing days. He has laid down the law but the players have welcomed his approach and as far as they're concerned it's created a more enjoyable working environment.

"You can't have the lunatics taking over the asylum. You can't have people taking the ---- out of the club and Alan's determined that won't be allowed to happen. And with all the job losses around this part of the world, there won't be too much sympathy for players getting fined for being late for work."

A Newcastle insider said: "Alan may have been cracking the whip but it's long overdue. He's brought back discipline and professionalism that were watchwords for him in his playing days. He has laid down the law but the players have welcomed his approach and as far as they're concerned it's created a more enjoyable working environment.

Thats great Alan, now if you could just bring back goals and points we'll all be happy :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...n.html?ITO=1490

Joey Barton will never play for Newcastle United again as long as Alan Shearer is manager at St James’ Park.

The club are taking legal advice to see if the midfielder, who was suspended indefinitely yesterday, can be sacked after swearing at Shearer in an outburst in the dressing room at Anfield on Sunday.

Barton is alleged to have told Shearer he was ‘s**t’ and called the manager and his assistant Iain Dowie ‘p***ks’. Doing so in front of team-mates and other Newcastle

employees could be regarded as gross misconduct.

Sportsmail can reveal the row is the latest show of dissent from the squad. Indeed, Shearer had already felt compelled to address a group of players over indiscipline with the ultimatum: ‘You are not going to take the p*** out of this football club and you are not going to take the p*** out of this city.’

Loony Toon: Barton leaves Alonso in agony

Despite it being clear that Barton will never play for Newcastle as long as Shearer is manager, his agent Willie McKay spoke of the player’s determination to see out the three years remaining of his five-year contract. Newcastle, meanwhile, were said to be ‘gathering evidence’ to see where they and the 26-year-old midfielder stand.

Although Newcastle would be effectively writing off the £5.8million paid to Manchester City for Barton less than two years ago, or his reduced asking price in the transfer market, the player’s basic wages of £55,000 per week add up to £7.5m over the next three years.

It is not yet known if Shearer will be at Newcastle beyond the next three matches but, if owner Mike Ashley persuades him to stay, then Barton will not.

The club stood by Barton when he was jailed last year for assault, an offence that occurred after a Newcastle game at Wigan in December 2007, but the club’s hierarchy are aware they would be undermining Shearer if Barton was given another chance.

Sam Allardyce, the Newcastle manager who signed Barton, could offer him a route out of Tyneside at Blackburn, though there are known to be boardroom reservations at

Ewood Park.

Having been sent off for his violent lunge at Liverpool’s Xabi Alonso in the 77th minute of Newcastle’s 3-0 defeat at Anfield, Barton was ignored by Shearer as he left the pitch and was then told by the Newcastle legend: ‘That was a coward’s tackle.’

Barton, infamous for his short temper and reckless behaviour, replied with a tirade at Shearer, calling him and his tactics ‘s**t’. Shearer managed to restrain himself but Dowie intervened. He was called ‘a p***k’ by Barton, who then called Shearer the same.

When Dowie asked why Barton had not given his views on tactics in the team meeting beforehand, the midfielder was defensive.

Other players were shocked by Barton’s outburst and were still talking about it yesterday at the training ground. On hearing of his indefinite suspension, there was

relief. They are supporting Shearer rather than Barton, the overwhelming majority realising that a new order had to be imposed.

On top of inheriting an unbalanced squad and a relegation-threatened team playing without cohesion when he took charge five weeks ago, Shearer has encountered a

lackadaisical culture at the training ground.

He had already told his players to improve their time-keeping but last week he decided to give each squad member a written order over the issue.

Simultaneously, he has substantially increased the punishment for failure to adhere to the new rules.

Previous fines had been minimal but now any player late for a meeting, training or travel will have 10 per cent of his weekly salary deducted. It increases to 20 per cent for a second offence and 40 per cent for a third.

Additional fines are at Shearer’s discretion and this aspect of the new regime is said to have its critics internally. Nevertheless, Shearer’s position is strong.

Sportsmail can reveal the row is the latest show of dissent from the squad. Indeed, Shearer had already felt compelled to address a group of players over indiscipline with the ultimatum: ‘You are not going to take the p*** out of this football club and you are not going to take the p*** out of this city.’

When Dowie asked why Barton had not given his views on tactics in the team meeting beforehand, the midfielder was defensive.

Finally, a defensive midfielder. ;)