Lingerie Football League

Sonatine

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevies is permanently showing reruns of Likely Lads, Byker Grove and Quayside.

Im amazed that mouse wandered in there tbh

What was Quayside?

Steven marra you have got to be kiddin! it was quite possibly the shitest thing EVER to appear on our tv sets

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386969/

not much cop but it may help, :D

Guest Stevie
You can have 12 Jenna Jameson's at her peak with fuck all on playing it, and my boycott of everything American stands. When people say oh did you see Pals, or fuckin cheers, of some other wanky yank show, I look at them in disgust. As soon as I hear an American voice on telly, I turn it off. Plastic mongrel race of people, which has tried to dominate world culture, but it will never fully dominate ours. Football, fish and chips, summer days drinkin in beer gardens, listening to Jerusalem when we're pissed, curries, fuckin moanin about the weather, sayin ye areet, instead of a fake have a nice day etc etc... Of all the BNP's policies and many of them are a disgrace, the huge tariff, and in some cases, banning on American television is by far the best. I can sit here and honestly say, I've never watched a series of American programmes since V.

Didnt they invent the internet?

and this forum board...... :D

No ;)

Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee, OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA (London, 8 June 1955) is an English computer scientist and MIT professor credited with inventing the World Wide Web - making the first proposal in March 1989. On 25 December 1990 he implemented the first successful communication between an HTTP client and server via the Internet with the help of Robert Cailliau and a young student staff at CERN.

Guest Stevie
You can have 12 Jenna Jameson's at her peak with fuck all on playing it, and my boycott of everything American stands. When people say oh did you see Pals, or fuckin cheers, of some other wanky yank show, I look at them in disgust. As soon as I hear an American voice on telly, I turn it off. Plastic mongrel race of people, which has tried to dominate world culture, but it will never fully dominate ours. Football, fish and chips, summer days drinkin in beer gardens, listening to Jerusalem when we're pissed, curries, fuckin moanin about the weather, sayin ye areet, instead of a fake have a nice day etc etc... Of all the BNP's policies and many of them are a disgrace, the huge tariff, and in some cases, banning on American television is by far the best. I can sit here and honestly say, I've never watched a series of American programmes since V.

No :D

Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee, OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA (London, 8 June 1955) is an English computer scientist and MIT professor credited with inventing the World Wide Web - making the first proposal in March 1989. On 25 December 1990 he implemented the first successful communication between an HTTP client and server via the Internet with the help of Robert Cailliau and a young student staff at CERN.

They definately invented this board, Powered By IP.Board © 2009 IPS, Inc. as well as

Acrylic paint

Adobe Flash

Airbag

Anal beads

Artificial pacemaker

Automatic transmission

Autopilot

BASIC

Barcode

Breakfast cereal

Bubblegum

Bulldozer

Carbonless copy paper

Cash register

Catalytic converter

Condensed milk

Cotton swab

Crayon

Credit card

DNA computing

Dynamic random access memory

Escalator

Ethernet

Ferris wheel

Fire sprinkler

Flashlight

Floppy disk

Flowchart

Global Positioning System

Industrial robot

K-Y JellyLaser

Laser printer

Magnetic stripe card

Microwave oven

Mouse (computing)

Nylon

Plasma display

Preparation H

QWERTY

Supermarket

Tea bag

Teddy bear

Videotape

Zipper

I've highlighted the obvious ones where you bypass your boycott, but what about the others?

I havent even started with Mc D or KFC ;)

I'm so gutted we didn't invent the teddy bear, dreary old Britain producing useless things like the steam engine and what not.

Guest Stevie

No :D

The Internet was originally developed by DARPA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, as a means to share information on defense research between involved universities and defense research facilities. Originally it was just email and FTP sites as well as the Usenet where scientists could question and answer each other. It was originally called ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency NETwork). The concept was developed starting in 1964, and the first messages passed were between UCLA and the Stanford Research Institute in 1969. Leonard Kleinrock of MIT had published the first paper on packet switching theory in 1961. Since networking computers was new to begin with, standards were being developed on the fly. Once the concept was proven, the organizations involved started to lay out some ground rules for standardization.

One of the most important was the communications protocol, TCP/IP, developed by Vint Cerf and Robert Kahn in 1974. Robert Metcalfe is credited with Ethernet which is the basic communication standard in networked computers.

Tim Berners-Lee perhaps specified technological applicability and / or linguistic construction of HTML while working at CERN, is chiefly credited for the ease of use and wide public adoption of the web. His website is: w3.org

Al Gore really did have a substantial part in the US legal framework and governmental issues related to the internet He never said he invented it.

There wasn't just ONE person that invented the internet. The internet is just a way to view files and information that someone puts onto a server. The internet is just a way to access the information.

Although there's a guy named Leonard Kleinrock who was the first person to write a paper on the idea of packet switching which is essential for internet to work. He wrote this idea in 1961.

And here are a couple more people that were essential to what we call internet today without these guys there wouldn't be The Internet.

Larry G. Roberts created the first functioning long-distance computer networks in 1965 and designed the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET), the seed from which the modern Internet grew, in 1966.

Bob Kahn and Vint Cerf invented the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) which moves data on the modern Internet, in 1972 and 1973. If any two people "invented the Internet," it was Kahn and Cerf - but they have publicily stated that "no one person or group of people" invented the Internet.

Radia Perlman invented the spanning tree algorithm in the 1980s. Her spanning tree algorithm allows efficient bridging between separate networks. Without a good bridging solution, large-scale networks like the Internet would be impractical.

???????????????????? ;)

What is the worldwideweb?

You can dislike the US as much as you like but ask anybody who was around at the time and they'll tell you that we would've lost if America had not entered the war. Try to revise history as much as you want so you like the story better but that is the bottom line.

Guest Stevie
You can dislike the US as much as you like but ask anybody who was around at the time and they'll tell you that we would've lost if America had not entered the war. Try to revise history as much as you want so you like the story better but that is the bottom line.

Load of propaganda shite, all they did was arm us, and we only paid the cunt back a few years ago, they should've let us off for preventing them from being taken over by the krauts. 300,000 yank troops made minimal difference regardless what your propaganda yank christian fanaticism upbringing tells you. If we'd joined forces with the krauts in 1939, which is what Hitler wanted because he respected Britain, he was even humping a bird from Chatham, there'd be no USA now. Nailed on fact.

In terms of World War 2 importance you wouldn't be in the top 5. Nuking innocent Japs was brave of you though.

Edited by Stevie

Load of propaganda shite, all they did was arm us, and we only paid the cunt back a few years ago, they should've let us off for preventing them from being taken over by the krauts. 300,000 yank troops made minimal difference regardless what your propaganda yank christian fanaticism upbringing tells you. If we'd joined forces with the krauts in 1939, which is what Hitler wanted because he respected Britain, he was even humping a bird from Chatham, there'd be no USA now. Nailed on fact.

In terms of World War 2 importance you wouldn't be in the top 5. Nuking innocent Japs was brave of you though.

Stevie, if you want to be really wound up by the yanks, read up on the efforts of Keynes to secure the loan from the US after the war.

Andrew Marr's History of Modern Britain is a good place to start.

Guest alex

:D He's not even American either iirc. And where did you pluck that figure from btw?

Also has a brilliant account of the day in Cabinet in 1939, when 9 of the 12 members wanted to capitulate to Hitler and implement the plans to move the Royal family to Canada and the proposed power structure in Britain under German rule .... and up stepped Churchill, inspiring them to fight. The records were only released a few years ago but its amazing stuff.

Guest Stevie

Stevie, if you want to be really wound up by the yanks, read up on the efforts of Keynes to secure the loan from the US after the war.

I've read about the loan problems before Chez.

I fail to see what America did in the war, they came over as 1/10th of our armed forces, after charging us obscene amounts for arms when they wanted to remain neutral. So they sent a minimal amount of blokes to fight in a war we'd been fighting for 4 years, they come in get their picture taken and fuck off home, not before dropping a few nukes and murdering 100,000 Japs in the process. Big war contribution that, well done uncle Sam you big hard cunts.

Guest alex
Also has a brilliant account of the day in Cabinet in 1939, when 9 of the 12 members wanted to capitulate to Hitler and implement the plans to move the Royal family to Canada and the proposed power structure in Britain under German rule .... and up stepped Churchill, inspiring them to fight. The records were only released a few years ago but its amazing stuff.

Quality series that btw.

Guest alex

I fail to see what America did in the war, they came over as 1/10th of our armed forces, after charging us obscene amounts for arms when they wanted to remain neutral. So they sent a minimal amount of blokes to fight in a war we'd been fighting for 4 years, they come in get their picture taken and fuck off home, not before dropping a few nukes and murdering 100,000 Japs in the process. Big war contribution that, well done uncle Sam you big hard cunts.

They lost nearly as many men as we did man.

Let's not forget they were to an extent arming both sides. Katanga!!! :D

Guest Stevie

:D He's not even American either iirc. And where did you pluck that figure from btw?

Read it somewhere.

Guest Stevie

They lost nearly as many men as we did man.

Still cunts.

Read it somewhere.

The German tanks need special lubricants I wonder where that came from? ;)

Guest alex

Read it somewhere.

What's it meant to represent then? Because they were more US military deaths than that figure in WW2.