If we go down

Guest stormrider

If we go down, do we desreve it or not?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think we have one of the worst 3 teams in the league, I'd say player for player we're better than at least 5 or 6 clubs ahead of us, but we have certainly been one of the three worst performing teams this season so in this sense of course we deserve to go down.

The thing is, I can remember parts of the season when Hull, the Mackems and West Brom played alright (can't really say the same about boro but I generally ignore them anyway) whereas I have to go back to the first match of the season when I last felt truly enthusiastic about one of our performances.

This season you really struggle to pick a handful of genuinely impressive performances. All i can come up with is Manu away, Portsmouth away, a battling point away at Chelsea i suppose, home to Villa and i think the first half at home to West Hame we played well but didnt take our chances and were shite second half.

We're a shambles in every aspect. This stems right down from Ashley to his management team right down the players. We certainly do deserve to go down.

QFT.

Yeah, if you go down you obviously deserve it. Because you went down. Like, if we'd gone done we'd have deserved it as well. Everybody plays the same amount of games.

Yeah, if you go down you obviously deserve it. Because you went down. Like, if we'd gone done we'd have deserved it as well. Everybody plays the same amount of games.

Don't say that in front of any Sheffield United fans.....

:D

Rumours were rife that if Reading had beaten Birmingham, Sheffield United were going to go back to court to challenge the 'goal' scored by Reading at Watford (the one that was miles away from the posts but given anyway).

You deserve to go down. Your club has been so badly run for years that your decline was going to be shocking. Owners and board members who bungle everything they touch, a succession of crap managers temporary managers, coaches and so on, and a mass of over paid over rated flotsam on the pitch. Unless your team really sorts it out next season, you'll be back where you were before Sir John Hall and Kevin Keegan came on the scene.

This season you have collapsed, and have been worse than when we drifted towards relegation in 1999.

You deserve to go down. Your club has been so badly run for years that your decline was going to be shocking. Owners and board members who bungle everything they touch, a succession of crap managers temporary managers, coaches and so on, and a mass of over paid over rated flotsam on the pitch. Unless your team really sorts it out next season, you'll be back where you were before Sir John Hall and Kevin Keegan came on the scene.

This season you have collapsed, and have been worse than when we drifted towards relegation in 1999.

tbf we still haven't lost as many games as we did last season.

...or as many as you did in '99

True, but you started OK, then the Wise/Keegan thing happened, and then Newcastle have been stumbling and lurching towards its current position as crap manager followed crap manager. The atmosphere around the club is similar to Blackburn in 1999, as your team has overpaid tossers who are either injured or not interested, and there have been suspect players brought in. It is like the people in the club gave up ages ago and are just turning up to physically fulfill their obligations.

True, but you started OK, then the Wise/Keegan thing happened, and then Newcastle have been stumbling and lurching towards its current position as crap manager followed crap manager. The atmosphere around the club is similar to Blackburn in 1999, as your team has overpaid tossers who are either injured or not interested, and there have been suspect players brought in. It is like the people in the club gave up ages ago and are just turning up to physically fulfill their obligations.

Not just being argumentative here, but we've heard it before. Any club who previously had a brief flirtation with the top 6 could say the same. Some Leeds fan was saying we're just like them the other day. Now it's Blackburn. Next it'll be Norwich and then Wolverhampton Wanderers or Preston North End.

These days it takes a special manager a lot of money to maintain the level of success lots of teams have briefly had. Like lots of other teams, when both of those aren't available we've dropped off. It's not been a complete collapse, it's been 5 years in the making.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...me-1681747.html

Interesting statistic. Since 92, if a club does not come back up from the championship within 2 years, they have a 66% chance of never returning to the prem.

Scary. :D

It could reach that point where cutting his losses is less expensive, although (fortunately :lol:) we don't own the land so at least that should stop that being too viable a £££-spinner.

at all levels (except the crowds of people that keep paying their hard earned cash to support the team home and away) Newcastle united is not good enough.

if however we beat boro tomorrow and scrape enough points together, then we can rebuild. this team as is next season will not be any better.