Greek Cup Final

asteroidblitz

Guest Stevie

Matt Derbyshire scored 2 in normal time. 8 in 12 games in Greece for him, someone who was fourth choice striker at at Blackburn, says a canny bit about the English league I think

To be fair, when he played for Blackburn he always looked a decent enough player; just the other side on that footage have one hell of a bad keeper.

Edited by ImpossiblyDaft

To be fair, when he played for Blackburn he always looked a decent enough player.

Indeed he looked quality on a regular basis in the Prem. Was very surprising when I heard they decided to ship him out!

... I guess it all makes sense now though, so that they could play Samba up front instead.

As a Rovers fan, I can say opinion is mixed amongst us. He is a pretty good finisher, but other aspects of his game, such as pace, movement and strength have been questioned. I'm happy he has scored so many goals in Greece, and I'd love to have him as a squad player. He was never really given a chance at us, as he doesn't combine well with Santa Cruz, or McCarthy, and can't really be relied upon to make up for the sitters Roberts misses. It has been said that he was loaned out so we could afford the wages of Givet and Diouf, who have added to the squad. Shows what a crap budget we have at Ewood Park.

As the Samba point, Chris is only playing there, as Santa Cruz, Roberts and McCarthy have had injury problems throughout the post transfer window period.

I want him to stay, but I think he has decided to leave. Shame we can't send them Roberts instead.