Newcastle United 3-1 Boro, full time.

Jimbo

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Duff had a great game at left back.

Butt wasteful when he has to pass further than 4 yards AGAIN.

Ok thats that negatives over with, what a fcuking result. Lets take that momentum into Saturday and make the Villa game a typical nothing to play for end of season game.

That was fucking brilliant. Fair play to martins as well, the useless cunt. :rolleyes:

Well said :yahoo:

Im certainly not getting too carried away. Still 2 games to go and its not over yet. What took the shine off tonights result was seeing the fat controller sitting with the biggest smile on his face, obviously pleased that his Sports Direct flags went down well and he's been saved from financial ruin.

Survival means nothing without completely overhauling the team in the summer to make sure that this doesnt happen again next season.

A vital 3 points, but its against a team which looked very much like a Championship one.

I'm delighted, really delighted. The 3 points are massive, and hopefully we can take this momentum to the next game against Fulham. In regards to Michael Owen, he shouldn't be started upfront again this season imo. Martins and Viduka worked better imo and Lovenkrands pace helped us out a lot and got us 2 goals. Fulham is a must win game and a draw at Aston Villa would be nice.

Guest alex
I'm delighted, really delighted. The 3 points are massive, and hopefully we can take this momentum to the next game against Fulham. In regards to Michael Owen, he shouldn't be started upfront again this season imo. Martins and Viduka worked better imo and Lovenkrands pace helped us out a lot and got us 2 goals. Fulham is a must win game and a draw at Aston Villa would be nice.

Don't think Martins has 90 minutes in him at present tbh. Perfect decision bringing him off the bench and I'd be inclined to do the same against Fulham.

Nice to see him running straight to Shearer (y)

:nufc:

were staying up.i knew it all alomg.....yeee haaaa 3 fucking 1

There's a looonng way to go yet....

Probably the best thing for me (apart from the result, obviously) is that the players didn't hide and were brave enough to go for it. And actually good enough to deliver on this occasion.

Yep, very encouraging. The atmosphere was cracking too. Let's hope we don't get carried away and fuck it up on saturday..... :yahoo::boogie:

As obvious as his flaws are... I love Oba. There's something special about when it's him who scores.

Him hugging Shearer today :nufc:

shearoba.jpg

:rolleyes::yahoo::dancing:

Edited by Asprilla

What a game!!! I think I woke up my neighbour when martins scored...

:yahoo::boogie::nufc::yahoo::dancing::nufc: :nufc: :nufc: :nufc: :nufc:

I jumped off the couch, fell foward and smashed the glass coffee table :rolleyes::nufc:

I jumped up (reckon everyone did :P) and legged it out of the front room only half making it through the kitchen doorway and smacking the other half on the doorframe

Don't think Martins has 90 minutes in him at present tbh. Perfect decision bringing him off the bench and I'd be inclined to do the same against Fulham.

Shearer absolutely ran the chess game.

Guthrie taking the corners makes a world of difference.

Good point, but Owen imo was a passenger for the majority of the game. Martins held the ball up, made runs etc which helped us. Owen hasn't been doing of late.

I know its a cliche but I think the confidence will do them absolute wonders - I now thnk we may beat Fulham.

Of course its no coincidence our only wins this year have been against the teams below us but there were plenty good signs tonight - Viduka being the standout.

I'd be tempted to play the same team on Saturday maybe with Lovenkrands instead of Guttierez.

This hope thing feels wrong.