• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a quick read of this thread and:

1) Get the fuck in!

2) Gutierrez was shit

3) Harper froze about five times and he scares me shitless

4) People who are saying Butt was shite know nowt - he was carrying fucking Nolan for an hour

5) Viduka, Bassong and Steve Taylor were all excellent, and Taylor's goal was superbly taken and I love him!; Duff did well at left-back; Guthrie's industry and good delivery made a big difference tonight

6) I'm an Owen fan but he was gash tonight and thank fuck Martins came on when he did

7) Get the fuck in!

8) I'm massively pissed and have no idea why I'm enumerating my points!

9) Goodnight you cunts! :rolleyes:

I hope this win gives the lads somce confidence now. We still have to get sth on Saturday, but at least we've got this terrible run without a win behind us.

I have to admit I'm not Martin's biggest admirer, but he's surprised me once again...

:yahoo:

Never doubted him.

:rolleyes:

Some great photos there.

Delighted with the result tonight but obviously theres still some way to go. Hopefully the win tonight should give the players a bit more confidence going into the Fulham game.

I agree about Harper. He's alright but it annoys me how much he doesn't come off his line. Given didn't either.

sidenote. I sit in the family bit in the Milburn, Level 7, and found it strange why there was a True Fauth - Gallowgate End flag being passed along in the second half. I think it said Gallowgate End anyways.

:rolleyes:

More than a way to go, we could have lost that 1-4 and the overall game not have been all that different. Not good, especially bearing in mind who we were playing and how they've been this season.

Another summer like the last one (or just 1/2 as bad) and we'll be breaking Derby's record next season (assuming we do stay up this season).

I'm pleased someone has had the presence of mind to attempt to piss all over any joy anyone might be having from this rare and exciting victory.

Well played fop. :yahoo:

Well.. fuck me... what can you say?

Shocking start but I'd say that the reason we conceded was the same reason we looked like conceding throughout. Harper might be the shot-stoppper that Shay is, but he doesn't even communicate to Given's low standard. I agree he's not the first place we need to buy, but I'd be trying Krul out some more than Harper. Decidedly shaky.

Taylor's Goal was class, not simply for his excellent finish, but the cross was so much better than we've seen, (not least because it cleared the first man) but Nolans interference (I'd switch from kicking to body-checking...but whatever works) too. Guthrie's delivery was better than we've seen, if he can cut out stupid passing errors and if he can stop trying to be too clever than his ability permits, he could become an asset.

Oba's Goal made my throat rupture, Shouting and hollering like we'd just won the league, Honestly not celebrated a goal in the same way for years. I don't care if he slipped, if Nolan was offside, if Viduka barged his marker, it went in. And all too often those chances, those slices of luck, the tosses of coin have landed against us, it's about time we reaped the grace of lady luck.

Lovenkrand's goal was better still, open play, good finish. No injustice, no iron drilled set play; just true football. A cross and a finish.

overall I thought the lads played ok, some stand out performances from Viduka and Duff at left back, but all in all they played ok. Owen was quiet again and it must be hard for Shearer to justify his inclusion. I would though I wouldn't change a man for the gqamne against Fulham. Despite Oba's goal and Peter's too. I'd play the same men for 60 minutes (or until it looks like we're in danger of losing the fight) then bring on two players with pace and the ability to punish a team.

Taylor and Bassong were much steadier than Colo and whomever, although Harper didn't help them at all imo. Beye and Duff were impressive at full back, they could have shirked their offensive responsibility for fear fof being the man who gave space and time to Boro's dangerous wide men, but they didn't.

I'm not a fan of any of the midfield three, however, Butt, Nolan and Guthrie did fine. There were still times where they seemed not to want the ball and passed between themselves, finding nothing but pressure and eventually touch or a Boro player. Butt did break up play well and I hate to say it, fouled cleverly, ditto Nolan. Nolan passed the ball better than he has done, but still needs to sharpen up. Good cross for Peter's goal though. They all worked hard, Guthrie was a danger from the corners, Butt and Nolan did a decent job of stifling Boro's only real threats in Tuncay and Downing.

Jonas... he's a mystery to me, he wins freekicks, he gets into good positions but can't cross or shoot for toffee, and hasn't the pace to simply drive beyond a man.

All in all I'm happy as fuck. I'm sun burnt, I've lost my house keys, but I'm happy as fuck.

edit: can I just say, that thread on RTG is fucking hilarious, how can they say that they're not obsessed? o ver 70 pages about our game? LALAS

Edited by The Fish

I thought Guthrie was our most creative midfielder tonight despite Nolan's assists. But he looked completely fucked after 70 mins. Committed, but not fit.

Owen just doesn't look right. I used to think he was protecting himself for a summer transfer but from the lopsided manner he was running tonight and the way he failed to get back onside I now think he's carrying something.

Why has Viduka been out so long. He was massive today - and not just in a porcine way.

Imo Beye is still getting fit after his long layoff and not past it. He and Guthrie worked well together on the right.

Guti did nowt. Duff did ok.

Butt and Nolan were destructively effective. But sooooo pedestrian.

Martins is not a footballer and was falling over when he hit the ball. Thank fuck he scored.

Our defence/midfield keeps threatening to self-destruct. But Staylor's contributions in the opposition box were welcome.

Lovenkrands finished well but did little else.

I used to rate Harper only marginally behind Shay but that hasn't been the case this year. He made a couple of good instinctive saves tonight but his communication with defenders was poor, as was his decision making on several occasions,

The atmosphere tonight was excellent - even in the East Stand Library. I can't remember the last time before tonight that I left SJP with hope in the players. But they'll have to do even better on Saturday to beat a Fulham team who seem to be playing for fun at the minute.

Well.. fuck me... what can you say?

Shocking start but I'd say that the reason we conceded was the same reason we looked like conceding throughout. Harper might be the shot-stoppper that Shay is, but he doesn't even communicate to Given's low standard. I agree he's not the first place we need to buy, but I'd be trying Krul out some more than Harper. Decidedly shaky.

Taylor's Goal was class, not simply for his excellent finish, but the cross was so much better than we've seen, (not least because it cleared the first man) but Nolans interference (I'd switch from kicking to body-checking...but whatever works) too. Guthrie's delivery was better than we've seen, if he can cut out stupid passing errors and if he can stop trying to be too clever than his ability permits, he could become an asset.

Oba's Goal made my throat rupture, Shouting and hollering like we'd just won the league, Honestly not celebrated a goal in the same way for years. I don't care if he slipped, if Nolan was offside, if Viduka barged his marker, it went in. And all too often those chances, those slices of luck, the tosses of coin have landed against us, it's about time we reaped the grace of lady luck.

Lovenkrand's goal was better still, open play, good finish. No injustice, no iron drilled set play; just true football. A cross and a finish.

overall I thought the lads played ok, some stand out performances from Viduka and Duff at left back, but all in all they played ok. Owen was quiet again and it must be hard for Shearer to justify his inclusion. I would though I wouldn't change a man for the gqamne against Fulham. Despite Oba's goal and Peter's too. I'd play the same men for 60 minutes (or until it looks like we're in danger of losing the fight) then bring on two players with pace and the ability to punish a team.

Taylor and Bassong were much steadier than Colo and whomever, although Harper didn't help them at all imo. Beye and Duff were impressive at full back, they could have shirked their offensive responsibility for fear fof being the man who gave space and time to Boro's dangerous wide men, but they didn't.

I'm not a fan of any of the midfield three, however, Butt, Nolan and Guthrie did fine. There were still times where they seemed not to want the ball and passed between themselves, finding nothing but pressure and eventually touch or a Boro player. Butt did break up play well and I hate to say it, fouled cleverly, ditto Nolan. Nolan passed the ball better than he has done, but still needs to sharpen up. Good cross for Peter's goal though. They all worked hard, Guthrie was a danger from the corners, Butt and Nolan did a decent job of stifling Boro's only real threats in Tuncay and Downing.

Jonas... he's a mystery to me, he wins freekicks, he gets into good positions but can't cross or shoot for toffee, and hasn't the pace to simply drive beyond a man.

All in all I'm happy as fuck. I'm sun burnt, I've lost my house keys, but I'm happy as fuck.

edit: can I just say, that thread on RTG is fucking hilarious, how can they say that they're not obsessed? o ver 70 pages about our game? LALAS

not very often I do this but :rolleyes:

70 odd pages on one thread but from what I gather from 2 minutes browsing every other thread is about us.

They are seething :rolleyes:

for what it's worth I reckon we'll finish 17th on 35 points staying up on goal difference, Hull Boro and West Brom to go down.

I thought Harper's distribution was better than I ever saw from Given.

Just a shame about the rest of his game, other than a couple of great stops, I thought he was poor last night.

Harper caused panic in the back 4 on a few occasions, didn't claim a couple of crosses that he should have, and his kicking was nothing special at all. He gave it straight back to them when we were under pressure 2 or 3 times.

Pud, I was quite happy with duff last night and i fucking hate him.

Harper caused panic in the back 4 on a few occasions, didn't claim a couple of crosses that he should have, and his kicking was nothing special at all. He gave it straight back to them when we were under pressure 2 or 3 times.

I thought he had a canny game when he was going forward but when they were attacking he seemed lost and often let them have a wide man totally free. As for the point in our box where he went for the loose ball and at the last second changed his mind and stopped, fuck knows what he was on then!

Right ho then. Glad you've found someone new to knock btw.

70 odd pages on one thread but from what I gather from 2 minutes browsing every other thread is about us.

They are seething :rolleyes:

:nufc:

:boogie: It's not as if it was a derby or anything. For us :yahoo:

Some great photos there.

Delighted with the result tonight but obviously theres still some way to go. Hopefully the win tonight should give the players a bit more confidence going into the Fulham game.

I agree about Harper. He's alright but it annoys me how much he doesn't come off his line. Given didn't either.

sidenote. I sit in the family bit in the Milburn, Level 7, and found it strange why there was a True Fauth - Gallowgate End flag being passed along in the second half. I think it said Gallowgate End anyways.

:yahoo:

More than a way to go, we could have lost that 1-4 and the overall game not have been all that different. Not good, especially bearing in mind who we were playing and how they've been this season.

Another summer like the last one (or just 1/2 as bad) and we'll be breaking Derby's record next season (assuming we do stay up this season).

I'm pleased someone has had the presence of mind to attempt to piss all over any joy anyone might be having from this rare and exciting victory.

Well played fop. :boogie:

Reality is still reality. :rolleyes:

Not had a chance to post since the game. Cracking game with a great atmosphere. Few points:

What was with the Boro fans singing about empty seats? It was 3mins before HT and a few had gone for a pint etc, other than that it must have been pretty full? Irony or what? :rolleyes: Twats.

Decent at times but very nervy at others. I thought we fucked around with the ball too much on our own 18 instead of getting rid. Lost the ball a few times there putting us under pressure.

Harper was dodgy at times, sitting back when he should have come and claimed the ball.

Viduka had a good game, very strong and held the ball up well.

One of the worst lasses ever serving in the bar in the SJH stand, hopeless. Pulling one pint at a time and struggling to use the till :yahoo:

Right ho then. Glad you've found someone new to knock btw.

Only noticed by me, every tucker sat around me, and Jimbo so far like. Maybe you don't know what you're on about.