Newcastle United 3-1 Boro, full time.

Jimbo

Steve Harper is shite btw. New keeper required in the summer.

His communication was woeful, nobody in the back 4 knew what he was going to do, should have collected the ball that lead to their goal too.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Lovenkrands is more an impact player imo. Gutierrez did a good shift out on that left. It's Butt I'm more worried about, I'd be inclined to possibly bring Guthrie in the centre and stick out Ryan Taylor on the right.

I thought Butt had a canny game. Ryan Taylor is as bad as any player we've had in about the last 15 years.

I think Guthrie and Butt are both capable of doing a similar job, just that Guthrie is a better passer of the ball imo.

Fair enough but I can't understand why anyone would want Taylor in the side. Guthrie is far better than him imo.

Guthrie is better than Taylor aye, but who would we stick out on the right?

Not Ryan Taylor :rolleyes: I know Gutierrez was poor and lacks end product but I'd play him ahead of Ryan Taylor. Honestly, the kid's an absolute liability who offers nothing.

Steve Harper is shite btw. New keeper required in the summer.

We could do better but we could also do a lot, lot worse, it's hardly the first area we need to strengthen in.

x2

Some great photos there.

Delighted with the result tonight but obviously theres still some way to go. Hopefully the win tonight should give the players a bit more confidence going into the Fulham game.

I agree about Harper. He's alright but it annoys me how much he doesn't come off his line. Given didn't either.

sidenote. I sit in the family bit in the Milburn, Level 7, and found it strange why there was a True Fauth - Gallowgate End flag being passed along in the second half. I think it said Gallowgate End anyways.

:rolleyes:

Harper was at fault for balls coming into the box and not calling for them. They dipped a right sided cross right in front of one of theirs which fortunately they missed. Taylor left it and it should have been Harps ball. Maybe another who is devoid of confidence.

I said to my smoggy mate after this game that I think we could now go on to beat Fulham and put ourselves safe. I'd prefer to see the Mackems go down over the Boro but looks like they are doomed.

Cheers Jimbo, not quite what I had in mind.

Theres no way I can see Shearer wanting to go back to the Sofa now.

You could see that it really meant something to him, especially when they showed a replay of Southgate celebrating their goal just beforehand.