Newcastle United 3-1 Boro, full time.

Jimbo

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 harper, can't communicate. poor for the goal. not quite good enough

2 beye, played well post the og. but is a fading force. too slow.

3 duff. stuck to his task well but offered not enough going forward.....

4 bassong. no nonsense. did well

5 taylor, good goal and plyed fairly well.

6 butt. cannot pass the ball and the game passes him by.

7 jonas, weirdly non effective. no end product.

8 guthrie, used the ball fairly well. nice corner for the 1st goal.

9 nolan. set up 2 goals but was too peripheral all game... needed to get involved more

10 owen, not in the game enough.

11 viduka. played his socks oof. really good.

12 martins, good goal , but still is not 100%

13 lovenkrands. offers pace and good goal. hides from the physical side of the game.

13 carroll, erm not good enough.

Some great photos there.

Delighted with the result tonight but obviously theres still some way to go. Hopefully the win tonight should give the players a bit more confidence going into the Fulham game.

I agree about Harper. He's alright but it annoys me how much he doesn't come off his line. Given didn't either.

sidenote. I sit in the family bit in the Milburn, Level 7, and found it strange why there was a True Fauth - Gallowgate End flag being passed along in the second half. I think it said Gallowgate End anyways.

:rolleyes:

More than a way to go, we could have lost that 1-4 and the overall game not have been all that different. Not good, especially bearing in mind who we were playing and how they've been this season.

Another summer like the last one (or just 1/2 as bad) and we'll be breaking Derby's record next season (assuming we do stay up this season).

I always was a big fan of Oba Martins, me...

Quite happy, could watch the game on Greek television as the local pub arount the corner was so kind to put in on for me. German TV wasn't bothered to watch this crap...

Haven't read anything here so far. Forgetting about the early goal there was a really worrying poor spell between the 30th minute an Oba's goal when Boro easily could have nicked the game. Especially in the second half there wasn't any half decent chance created when you thought Shearer should have sent out the players again all guns blazing. There were only a handful of players who looked like being up for the fight. Faif play for the Weight Watcher do put in this kind of shift, without him we wouldn't have won today.

3 duff. stuck to his task well but offered not enough going forward......

Considering he was playing at LB I thought he was excellent tonight, put in some great tackles.

3 duff. stuck to his task well but offered not enough going forward......

Considering he was playing at LB I thought he was excellent tonight, put in some great tackles.

Agreed, I thought he played very well considering he isnt an LB.

1 harper, can't communicate. poor for the goal. not quite good enough

2 beye, played well post the og. but is a fading force. too slow.

3 duff. stuck to his task well but offered not enough going forward.....

4 bassong. no nonsense. did well

5 taylor, good goal and plyed fairly well.

6 butt. cannot pass the ball and the game passes him by.

7 jonas, weirdly non effective. no end product.

8 guthrie, used the ball fairly well. nice corner for the 1st goal.

9 nolan. set up 2 goals but was too peripheral all game... needed to get involved more

10 owen, not in the game enough.

11 viduka. played his socks oof. really good.

12 martins, good goal , but still is not 100%

13 lovenkrands. offers pace and good goal. hides from the physical side of the game.

13 carroll, erm not good enough.

I thought Beye was magnificent tonight. Up and down that flank like nobody's business. The number of times he is the main threat going forward on our right hand side is a credit to him (and a worry that someone from our midfield isn't). I had him a close second to Viduka as motm.

Two poor teams tonight, but winning 3-1 has hidden a lot of the problems we have.

However, we won, the atmosphere was fantastic and, once again, I have lost me voice.

Du du du du - du du du du Take that, you pig bag pig fuckers:D

I hope the players are buzzing after tonight, I think we all forgot what it felt like to win. Hopefully it'll give them the lift they need to see us through.

:rolleyes::yahoo:

Its a fuckin wank song to adopt innit?

They should have picked

" Don't Let Your Son Go Down On Me "

by Elton John

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Get the fuck in. I'm working in smogsville tomorrow so I shall be enjoying myself greatly :rolleyes:

While I've been a strong advocate of Jonas all season, Lovenkrands is looking much more of a threat for us.

If someone could just harness the talent Jonas has, into team play, he will be a great player. However, until that happens he will remain an enigma.

:rolleyes::yahoo:

Its a fuckin wank song to adopt innit?

They should have picked

" Don't Let Your Son Go Down On Me "

by Elton John

Rub it in by admitting the second goal was offside...

Get the fuck in. I'm working in smogsville tomorrow so I shall be enjoying myself greatly :rolleyes:

While I've been a strong advocate of Jonas all season, Lovenkrands is looking much more of a threat for us.

Brilliant!

Don't hold back Mate

If someone could just harness the talent Jonas has, into team play, he will be a great player. However, until that happens he will remain an enigma.

Agreed. The main problem obviously being the lack of end product. There was a few times tonight when he could cross it but he decided to try and dribble his way through and ultimatley lost the ball or fell ower.

There was someone saying on Real Radio before that despite the lack of end product, he causes problems for defenders etc. Might have been Bob Moncur

Looking at Martins' goal, it's obvious he slips prior to hitting the ball. Therefore, those who call him shite are still vindicated as he would have probably put it wide otherwise :rolleyes::yahoo:

The slip reminds me a bit like Andy Cole's goal at Boundary Park all those years ago.

Agreed. The main problem obviously being the lack of end product. There was a few times tonight when he could cross it but he decided to try and dribble his way through and ultimatley lost the ball or fell ower.

There was someone saying on Real Radio before that despite the lack of end product, he causes problems for defenders etc. Might have been Bob Moncur

[l/quote]

Plus Nolan was offside, a goal the was just a result of mishappenings and errors. I like it but want to see less of it next year...