Newcastle United 3-1 Boro, full time.

Jimbo

Guest alex
Some great photos there.

Delighted with the result tonight but obviously theres still some way to go. Hopefully the win tonight should give the players a bit more confidence going into the Fulham game.

I agree about Harper. He's alright but it annoys me how much he doesn't come off his line. Given didn't either.

sidenote. I sit in the family bit in the Milburn, Level 7, and found it strange why there was a True Fauth - Gallowgate End flag being passed along in the second half. I think it said Gallowgate End anyways.

:yahoo:

More than a way to go, we could have lost that 1-4 and the overall game not have been all that different. Not good, especially bearing in mind who we were playing and how they've been this season.

Another summer like the last one (or just 1/2 as bad) and we'll be breaking Derby's record next season (assuming we do stay up this season).

I'm pleased someone has had the presence of mind to attempt to piss all over any joy anyone might be having from this rare and exciting victory.

Well played fop. :boogie:

Reality is still reality. :rolleyes:

They had a few chances on the break but I thought we thoroughly deserved the 3 points. Not least because we took our chances. They weren't unlucky, they couldn't convert the odd chance they had. That's what football in general and high pressure matches like last night in particular are all about.

Edited by alex

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Martins' goal, it's obvious he slips prior to hitting the ball. Therefore, those who call him shite are still vindicated as he would have probably put it wide otherwise :rolleyes::yahoo:

The slip reminds me a bit like Andy Cole's goal at Boundary Park all those years ago.

Tbf you did predict it at half-time. :boogie:

Guest alex
Looking at Martins' goal, it's obvious he slips prior to hitting the ball. Therefore, those who call him shite are still vindicated as he would have probably put it wide otherwise :rolleyes::yahoo:

The slip reminds me a bit like Andy Cole's goal at Boundary Park all those years ago.

Tbf you did predict it at half-time. :boogie:

Did very well to make the space for the goal even if the finish was a tad fortunate btw.

The three men who won us the game and made that difference are Gutherie, Viduka and Taylor. It's clear to me now that Gutherie is a much bigger miss than Barton when he's out. The only player we have with good medium range distribution.

Nolan is starting to get better. :rolleyes:

*Special mesntion to Beye after the own goal....Never stopped running down the right and making himself available, shame Butt is blind.

Edited by Park Life

Some great photos there.

Delighted with the result tonight but obviously theres still some way to go. Hopefully the win tonight should give the players a bit more confidence going into the Fulham game.

I agree about Harper. He's alright but it annoys me how much he doesn't come off his line. Given didn't either.

sidenote. I sit in the family bit in the Milburn, Level 7, and found it strange why there was a True Fauth - Gallowgate End flag being passed along in the second half. I think it said Gallowgate End anyways.

:boogie:

More than a way to go, we could have lost that 1-4 and the overall game not have been all that different. Not good, especially bearing in mind who we were playing and how they've been this season.

Another summer like the last one (or just 1/2 as bad) and we'll be breaking Derby's record next season (assuming we do stay up this season).

I'm pleased someone has had the presence of mind to attempt to piss all over any joy anyone might be having from this rare and exciting victory.

Well played fop. :nufc:

Reality is still reality. :yahoo:

They had a few chances on the break but I thought we thoroughly deserved the 3 points. Not least because we took our chances. They weren't unlucky, they couldn't convert the odd chance they had. That's what football in general and high pressure matches like last night are all about.

Like I said the match wouldn't have been much different but the score and result could well have been. We played a rubbish team at home, and the score and maybe result probably flattered us.

We avoided near certain relegation and got our 7th win, but that's about it.

Hopefully we've got confidence from it and that will help, but a better team with more finishing quality (or a bit more luck), as the remaining games probably are and.... :rolleyes:

Some great photos there.

Well played fop. :boogie:

Reality is still reality. :rolleyes:

They had a few chances on the break but I thought we thoroughly deserved the 3 points. Not least because we took our chances. They weren't unlucky, they couldn't convert the odd chance they had. That's what football in general and high pressure matches like last night in particular are all about.

I thought they had a worrying spell of dominance late in the first half and for the first part of the second half until Martins' goal when Newcastle couldn't create anything worth of note. But you could see what gaining confidence (and getting more space) can do for a team, hope some of it can get kept for the Fulham game.

Guest alex
The three men who won us the game and made that difference are Gutherie, Viduka and Taylor. It's clear to me now that Gutherie is a much bigger miss than Barton when he's out. The only player we have with good medium range distribution.

*Special mesntion to Beye after the own goal....Never stopped running down the right and making himself available, shame Butt is blind.

Guthrie man! You always hoy the extra syllable in. You're like a Geordie with Fil(lu)m :yahoo:

Guest alex
Some great photos there.

They had a few chances on the break but I thought we thoroughly deserved the 3 points. Not least because we took our chances. They weren't unlucky, they couldn't convert the odd chance they had. That's what football in general and high pressure matches like last night are all about.

Like I said the match wouldn't have been much different but the score and result could well have been. We played a rubbish team at home, and the score and maybe result probably flattered us.

Hopefully we've got confidence from it and that will help, but a better team with more finishing quality (or a bit more luck), as the remaining games probably are and.... :rolleyes:

So basically if things had gone differently they'd have gone differently? Cheers for that.

Guthrie man! You always hoy the extra syllable in. You're like a Geordie with Fil(lu)m :yahoo:

Yeah but he's a lot bigger than he looks. :boogie:

Some great photos there.

Well played fop. :yahoo:

So basically if things had gone differently they'd have gone differently? Cheers for that.

Nope, learn to read. :nufc:

Guest Stevie

Got nee voice today, celebrations in level 7 were fuckin mental, that was a taste of what football was like before SKY for me. No holds barred anything goes abuse of the away fans, commitment on the pitch, people staying at the end to clap them, scuffles outside the ground. Fuckin great :rolleyes:.

Got nee voice today, celebrations in level 7 were fuckin mental, that was a taste of what football was like before SKY for me. No holds barred anything goes abuse of the away fans, commitment on the pitch, people staying at the end to clap them, scuffles outside the ground. Fuckin great :rolleyes:.

Looking forward to your pitchside roundup.

temp2w.jpg

That is what we have been missing PASSION Houghton and Calderwood would not have shown that much.

Fat Joe would be flopping around like a cod on the deck.

See you found them berb. Your tabs are on the sideboard by the way :rolleyes:

"You stole your daughters hole"

"You've got Josef Fritzl, celebrity fan"

Jonas was poor yesterday but I dont know how you can say he hasnt got the pace to go past a man fish!? Hes better at that than anyone else in the squad, hes just clueless once he gets there.

Or unable to find a team mate to pass it to because they are still ambling up the pitch.

Have to agree with the critisism of Harper like... I've got very little confidence in the lad as soon as the ball comes anywhere near our box. He's far too slow to come off his line as well.

On a positive note, Viduka was class I thought. Taylor had a very good game as well.

I would actually start with Viduka and Owen again on Saturday and let Martins come on with 30 minutes to go and scare them with his pace (although he still has no idea at all where/when to run).

I thought Guti bottled several challenges throughout the game and constantly fell over and is still unable to cross a ball.

Brilliant atmosphere in The Corner last night like, just hope all of it wasn't in vein and we can get another 3 points on Saturday!

Some great photos there.

It's only fair that we get to play the shit teams as well as the good ones mate.

Lot's of teams would say the same as you about their performances against us....like Portsmouth a couple of weeks back.

Got nee voice today, celebrations in level 7 were fuckin mental, that was a taste of what football was like before SKY for me. No holds barred anything goes abuse of the away fans, commitment on the pitch, people staying at the end to clap them, scuffles outside the ground. Fuckin great :rolleyes: .

All that was missing was camping out overnight for a ticket and queueing outside the gallowgate three hours before kick off :yahoo:

God damn, life is good this morning. :rolleyes:

You got right. Bringing up the result any time I can. Been a while since I can properly celebrate a decent result! As it happens I'm off for a meal at a pub called 'The Borough" tomorrow. We were telling someone what it was called, and he asked if it was like a rabbit 'burrow', to which I rightly informed him that it was spelt like Newcastle 3, Middlesborough 1 :yahoo:

Guest alex
God damn, life is good this morning. :rolleyes:

You got right. Bringing up the result any time I can. Been a while since I can properly celebrate a decent result! As it happens I'm off for a meal at a pub called 'The Borough" tomorrow. We were telling someone what it was called, and he asked if it was like a rabbit 'burrow', to which I rightly informed him that it was spelt like Newcastle 3, Middlesborough 1 :boogie:

I nearly got chucked out of wor lasses hotel last night for being obnoxious. Seems there were some Boro fans over in one corner who didn't like the fact I showed some emotion. They did not (i repeat NOT) move an inch when Beye scored the own goal!!!

As for the team - awesome performances from Viduka, Duff, Beye, Bassong, Guthrie, Taylor & Martins - the last two had points to prove and think they did just that.

Thank god we're playing Guthrie - a man who can take a corner that will beat first man. Every time he took it we looked dangerous. He should be a permanent fixture in the side IMO.

Barring the early header when it was tipped over the bar, Owen did very little. He's either unfit or his mind is already on where he wants to move in the summer.

Harper needs to move of his line more - he's almost permanently glued to it. A number of times last night he could have cleared the ball but left it for the defenders to sort out who were facing goal.

Butt, Nolan & Guttierez did very little IMO but did very little wrong either.