Newcastle United 3-1 Boro, full time.

Jimbo

I think that's a waste of Beye's talents though IMO.

Whatever happens, it's a position that needs dealing with over the summer, as does LB.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
I think that's a waste of Beye's talents though IMO.

Whatever happens, it's a position that needs dealing with over the summer, as does LB.

I don't think it is. I think it's possibly Beye's best position anyway. He's slightly overrated in terms of going forward from RB imo.

Agree with the need to strengthen. Especially if/when Beye and Enrique leave in the summer if/when we go down.

Guest Hova

Need Beye RB for sure. Their only threat is Downy (the cock) and Beye will back pocket him. (which obviously means he'll score a hat-trick now I've said that)

Not sure I'd rush Taylor back. The back four has already been chopped and changed too much and I think Coloccini isn't as bad as some make out (especially when he's alongside Bassong).

Edit: If we're going to change it / drop the Argie I'd play Taylor RB and Beye in the middle btw. Taylor's done ok in the 2nd half of the season but that's been at RB. I still think he's a bit of a liability at centre-half.

kind of true. but boro have fast forwards. tuncay and aladiere are rapid (albeit tuncay is the only footballer of those 2)... i'd put colo and bassong in (colocinni reads the game better than taylor imho (bear in mind thats not saying much... akin to a partially sighted man against a blind person).). beye gives more stability at right back. i'm guessing duff will be left back.

I'm dreading this game.... really dreading it.

We showed against Pompy we could create chances. The smogs will be up for it and will attack. This will leave them open. I believe we are better than them and will win.

It's going to be a heart racing game though as I don't expect Boro will be a roll over. Still, at least it is on in the pub :lol:

Whistle blown against Hull (not soon enough)...

Will this mean anything for our boys and will it fire them up

or will they just squander it all ...

Just think that this thread exists in a parallel universe and we are the Boro supporters. :D

Just think that there could be an alternate universe where we're the best team on the planet :lol:

Isnt an alternate universe one where everything is the complete opposite?

In that case we'd be:

* 7th in League 2

* playing good football with a team of piss poorly paid players who had no talent but looked like they gave a shit.

* have an owner who doesnt have a pot to piss in but would mortgage his home to buy new players.

* a chairman who regularly comes out and talks to the fans, giving them info whenever possible and doing what he can to sort things.

* be poorly supported.

* Have a bloke called Stevie who goes on message boards calling for foreign and out of town fans to join us.

* A 30 goal a season white-boy striker who is one of the smallest in the Premier League, and plays regularly for his country where the fans scream his name, "Iboema Alohs", loudly from the terraces. He is also loved by every Newcastle fan on the internet.

Edited by Revolver

Just think that this thread exists in a parallel universe and we are the Boro supporters. :D

Just think that there could be an alternate universe where we're the best team on the planet :lol:

Isnt an alternate universe one where everything is the complete opposite?

In that case we'd be:

* 7th in League 2

* playing good football with a team of piss poorly paid players who had no talent but looked like they gave a shit.

* have an owner who doesnt have a pot to piss in but would mortgage his home to buy new players.

* a chairman who regularly comes out and talks to the fans, giving them info whenever possible and doing what he can to sort things.

* be poorly supported.

* Have a bloke called Stevie who goes on message boards calling for foreign and out of town fans to join us.

no, if you go by the many world theory everytime a decision is made a universe is created for every possible outcome of that decision so while that universe ^ probably does exist there may indeed also be one where we are top of the premier league etc etc

So I've just created a bunch of universes playing guitar and watching Liverpool?

Class, I'll have some of that. :D

yep