Newcastle United 3-1 Boro, full time.

Jimbo

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like him. I know he's not Mr. Popular here, but he has saved us. I think with our financial restrictions the best we can hope for are fading stars who are over 30 and unknowns signed from Dynamo Turnip for a bicycle pump and a Motley Crue tape. Some Rovers fans absolutely hate him for his Bolton connections and his style, but I'm of the 'results uber alles' school of thinking. Especially after the mess Ince left behind. Yep, Paul had better not visit Ewood Park ever again.

Hopefully we can keep hold of our few good players (Samba, Warnock), sign Givet and flog Santa Cruz for £20m after Spurs and Man City get into a bidding war. Well if Bridge is worth £12m..............

RE Happy Face: Whilst we are not quite safe mathematically, the number of things that have to go wrong for us to take your place are so massive surely even Rovers can't screw it up.

Edited by Billy Castell

I think he would have Newcastle safe this year with the current team.

They were talking about those lads chanting at him on the radio this morning

I think so too.

I think so too.

Hes good at managing teams with small financial resources.

If only Ashley had stuck with it instead of listening to other people, the disasterous KK thing may never have occured.

Possibly the biggest game for us in years.

No possibly about it. I rate this game as 'bigger' than the 1-0 against Pompey back in 1992 and that's the biggest in my 27 years as a Newcastle fan.

We'd have been playing in the Championship though.

lloyd_bridges_airplane_new.jpeg

i picked the wrong day to give up drinking...

<_<

Think we'll all need a few to get through this match! I'm going for a win by 1 goal with Viduka nailed on to score at some point.

Id take playing championship football with Shearer as manager over fighting relegation every year with Fat Sam as manager. His brand of football was soul destroying here and ive never seen a worse midfield then Barton, Butt, Smith and Geremi. Thos two fans were only shouting what the rest of the ground was thinking. Its a myth that sacking him has led to us being in this position. Keegan saved us in the last 10 games of last season as we were on our way down imo. Lets hope Shearer can do the same after a similar botch job from JFK

Feeling optimistic about this now. 2-0 win to us. Viduka to haunt them and Harper in the 92nd minute. Stevie said somewhere else if we don't beat them, we deserve to go down twice to League One and I agree with him. This is the two worst teams in the league tonight and if we fail to win, then we should just be put out of our misery.

Lets hope Shearer can do the same after a similar botch job from JFK

If we DO manage three nil nil draws and stop up, I wouldn't be giving Shearer that much credit. TBF the performances haven't been much different from what Hughton managed to get from them.

Guest alex

Not that I'm a big fan of his but Martins hasn't looked remotely fit when I've seen him play of late. Looks like about 75% is about as fast as he can run. Shit timing because we've so little pace in the side.