College...

bawan

I've been in twice in the past two months or so. Course leader phoned today and left a message on the house phone. Fortunately no one was in the house at the time and I have deleted the message, shes basically said if I dont go in and do all the work by Friday, I've failed a two year course.

What would you do, tell the parents whats happened and go in and do the work or just pretend nothing has happened and stay off.

:lol:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in twice in the past two months or so. Course leader phoned today and left a message on the house phone. Fortunately no one was in the house at the time and I have deleted the message, shes basically said if I dont go in and do all the work by Friday, I've failed a two year course.

What would you do, tell the parents whats happened and go in and do the work or just pretend nothing has happened and stay off.

Depens how important the course is.

Have you used the time well?

Jimbo would be proud.

:o

Jimbo would be proud.

Well done. :lol:

Can you feasibly get the work done to a passing standard by Friday?

Do you care about the course?

How do you reckon your parents will react?

Could get the work done, but I dont really give a shit about it anymore, since am going to do football coaching next year thats why I have kinda switched of, I am currently doing some shit course about Web Design and stuff like that. Mam already kinda knows I dont like it anymore but I have been making up excuses for why I am staying off.

Guest alex

Could get the work done, but I dont really give a shit about it anymore, since am going to do football coaching next year thats why I have kinda switched of, I am currently doing some shit course about Web Design and stuff like that. Mam already kinda knows I dont like it anymore but I have been making up excuses for why I am staying off.

I reckon you should do it if you can get the work done. Pain in the arse for a couple of days or whatever but it might be useful in terms of a future job (even if that job isn't specifically about designing web sites). Just a question of whether you can be arsed or not :lol:

I reckon you should do it if you can get the work done. Pain in the arse for a couple of days or whatever but it might be useful in terms of a future job (even if that job isn't specifically about designing web sites). Just a question of whether you can be arsed or not :D

I cant be arsed :lol: but aye am gonna drop in tomorrow and see what needs to be done, last time I was in she asked for Evaluations I had already gave her and I told her she already has them, but was ignored so I haven't bothered going in again :o

Edited by bawan

Guest alex

I reckon you should do it if you can get the work done. Pain in the arse for a couple of days or whatever but it might be useful in terms of a future job (even if that job isn't specifically about designing web sites). Just a question of whether you can be arsed or not :D

I cant be arsed :lol: but aye am gonna drop in tomorrow and see what needs to be done, last time I was in she asked for Evaluations I had already gave her and I told her she already has them, but was ignored so I haven't bothered going in again :o

:rolleyes: I gathered you couldn't be arsed. I know the feeling like.

Trouble is, if you're focussed on Football coaching now there's no guarantee you'll still want to do that in a years time. I've been in the same boat and I regret not tying off loose ends before starting something new.

Also, if you get the Web Design thingy sorted you can help with a couple of ideas I've got for something.

Guest alex
tbh i did somewhat the same as you

went on some 2yr course at college and ditched it after a couple of months, mainly due to the content being moronic and the teachers even more so.

If you have a genuine interest in a subject you tend to be able to pickup more yourself than you can at 90% of those college courses.

if ya don't give a stuff, do something you will try at instead, no point wasting your time

Ant, what do think would look better on a job application a few years down the line - a two-year web design course or a two-year gap in employment because you couldn't be arsed to finish the course off? Great advice there like.

went on some 2yr course at college and ditched it after a couple of months, mainly due to the content being moronic and the teachers even more so.

If you have a genuine interest in a subject you tend to be able to pickup more yourself than you can at 90% of those college courses.

if ya don't give a stuff, do something you will try at instead, no point wasting your time

Ant, what do think would look better on a job application a few years down the line - a two-year web design course or a two-year gap in employment because you couldn't be arsed to finish the course off? Great advice there like.

Thats what i dont want stamped on my CV tbh. It's gonna look even worse than it already does

I hope the football coaching doesn't involve penalties...

:D

:o

Can we please sort out another TT footy tournament, dieing to put one past this fucker :rolleyes:

Guest alex

Thats what i dont want stamped on my CV tbh. It's gonna look even worse than it already does

Get it finished man, even if you have type it left-handed.

I've got 24 hours to save my degree, I'm sure I can write 8000 words in that time.

Fancy a pint after work like, Greg? :lol:

No!

Red Bull and Pro Plus at the ready, all nighter in library on the cards.

I've got 24 hours to save my degree, I'm sure I can write 8000 words in that time.

Fancy a pint after work like, Greg? :lol:

No!

Red Bull and Pro Plus at the ready, all nighter in library on the cards.

If anyone's a dickhead, it's bookhead!

Guest alex

Ant, it wasn't a dig at you. I took exception to you offering what I considered to be terrible advice. Which it is tbf.