College...

bawan

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

Ant, how is your situation applicable to someone who isn't interested in the subject? I was only telling him to do a couple of days work so 2 years hasn't gone to waste. Think about man.

tbh i did somewhat the same as you

went on some 2yr course at college and ditched it after a couple of months, mainly due to the content being moronic and the teachers even more so.

If you have a genuine interest in a subject you tend to be able to pickup more yourself than you can at 90% of those college courses.

if ya don't give a stuff, do something you will try at instead, no point wasting your time

Ant, what do think would look better on a job application a few years down the line - a two-year web design course or a two-year gap in employment because you couldn't be arsed to finish the course off? Great advice there like.

Thats what i dont want stamped on my CV tbh. It's gonna look even worse than it already does

Tell them that your Rickets was playing up and you could barely walk to the kitchen never mind college, they'll believe you, I can guarantee that.

In the short term the two years/failure would be hard to explain - in the long term if you make a career of something then it will be meaningless. I've mentioned before on here that I dropped out of university but now that is meaningless.

As others have said, if you can do the work I think you should.

I must have missed summat, Bawan. What happened to re-sitting the Royal Navy test??

They couldn't promise him full time work in the Barrel so he didn't re-apply.

:lol: You're a bad lad, Wack.

did you drop out in a recession ant? cause I did and I've still not got a bloody job, give doing the work a shot bawan you might as well and you never know what you might get out of it in the end

Edited by Andrew

Didn't you have a go at Besty for something similar to this? :lol:

:o

Who drop out of college right at the end of the course, wtf is the point coming in all year then dropping out at the crucial time.

A lot of people in my class have done this and I know a certain person who posts on here has done this right at the end of the second year of his course.

Edited by Besty

I hope the football coaching doesn't involve penalties...

:D

:lol:

Can we please sort out another TT footy tournament, dieing to put one past this fucker :icon_lol:

It's getting that time like. :rolleyes:

I must have missed summat, Bawan. What happened to re-sitting the Royal Navy test??

Gotta wait a full year from the day you failed mate.

Fucking hell I am failing everything recently :lol:

Who drop out of college right at the end of the course, wtf is the point coming in all year then dropping out at the crucial time.

A lot of people in my class have done this and I know a certain person who posts on here has done this right at the end of the second year of his course.

Fuck you.

Gotta wait a full year from the day you failed mate.

Fucking hell I am failing everything recently :lol:

If you can finish the course, go and finish it. Apathy is easy to get into, but determination to see something through is truly commendable imo. See it as a challenge, Bawan. A challenge to yourself.

:D

Fuck you.

went on some 2yr course at college and ditched it after a couple of months, mainly due to the content being moronic and the teachers even more so.

If you have a genuine interest in a subject you tend to be able to pickup more yourself than you can at 90% of those college courses.

if ya don't give a stuff, do something you will try at instead, no point wasting your time

Pity you didn't finish a course in English language. I wouldn't normally be so petty, but a complete lack of punctuation makes your posts hard to read and gives less credibility to your advice imo.

And it is terrible advice, as it always is from people who dropped out and became a success anyway. People who can't tell the difference between personal anecdote and common sense. Ask yourself this - would it have done you any harm to finish your original course, especially if it only required two days hard work? And do you acknowledge not completing courses doesn't work out well for everyone? For every smug person who congratulates themselves for doing well for themselves for succeeding despite dropping out of college, how many people end up with major regrets, some possibly having significantly fucked up their careers as a result? More than one, I'd wager.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but I feel quite strongly about it.

Pity you didn't finish a course in English language. I wouldn't normally be so petty, but a complete lack of punctuation makes your posts hard to read and gives less credibility to your advice imo.

And it is terrible advice, as it always is from people who dropped out and became a success anyway. People who can't tell the difference between personal anecdote and common sense. Ask yourself this - would it have done you any harm to finish your original course, especially if it only required two days hard work? And do you acknowledge not completing courses doesn't work out well for everyone? For every smug person who congratulates themselves for doing well for themselves for succeeding despite dropping out of college, how many people end up with major regrets, some possibly having significantly fucked up their careers as a result? More than one, I'd wager.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but I feel quite strongly about it.

:o:lol:

You got any constructive advice to give Fop?
Yup, most people will do what they were going to do anyway. :o

That's true but it's not advice. 'Don't pay attention to an internet message board' would have been better. :lol:

You got any constructive advice to give Fop?
Yup, most people will do what they were going to do anyway. :D

That's true but it's not advice. 'Don't pay attention to an internet message board' would have been better. :o

Aye, it's wisdom. :lol:

Handwriting so bad they couldn't mark your paper. :lol: Fucking quality. And as much as you think an inability to construct and punctuate sentences on a message board is unimportant, it's actually quite a similar thing to your handwriting issue. :o

I've told you in the past that your posts are a chore to read. Now Renton has told you similar. Renton may be a fat Gordon Ramsay-alike but when he's agreeing with me on something you can bet he's right.