Darlington FC

Guest Hova

Sad to see another club in trouble. I remember being pissed off with Darlington, as they beat Barnet (my home town team) to promotion into the league in the early 1990's. The authorities, be it UEFA, FIFA, the FA or whoever, don't care about teams in the lower leagues and only give a crap about the Premiership. And then only the 'big 4' and whoever else has a billionaire owner.

No doubt Darlington will get no help and be kicked in the bollocks like Luton were.

Sad to see another club in trouble. I remember being pissed off with Darlington, as they beat Barnet (my home town team) to promotion into the league in the early 1990's. The authorities, be it UEFA, FIFA, the FA or whoever, don't care about teams in the lower leagues and only give a crap about the Premiership. And then only the 'big 4' and whoever else has a billionaire owner.

No doubt Darlington will get no help and be kicked in the bollocks like Luton were.

Freddie Shepherd also. His words, btw, not an opinion of mine. Gave a speech (in Dubai iirc), when he was chairman of NUFC, in which he stated he couldn't give a fuck about the lower leagues.

Classy fellow that Shepherd. Said lovely things about you and your female peers. You do end up with some tits in charge. Makes me glad Blackburn is run by the CGI fireman from the gaviscon ads.

0,,10303~3305785,00.jpg

"What a feeling!"

:D

Never thought of that one. You could have had another 'toon at the toon if Harry Redknapp came along.

droopyharry.jpg

But to try and get back on topic, weren't Darlington once owned by the bloke who also owned the Magnet kitchen shop? And wasn't he a rather......................colourful character like Stan Flashman of Barnet?

Tragic, they would have been in the play offs this season if it wasn't for the -10

Quite possibly would have made the automatic spots, given how much of the season was spent in administration and largely rudderless (look what just the later has done for Newcastle).

My ex was a Darlo fan so Im gutted to see that they are going out of buisness . I up there working and the ground is amazing for a league two team but in all honesty it must of been the stadium that killed the club .

25'000 capacity but can only house 10'000 due to planning regulations.

Arguably a premier league standard ground if it was able to be 25'000.

George Reynolds?

When he lost all his money my mate seen him in Somerfield getting two for one toilet roll.

Come and get your black bin bags,

on offer 'til December.

Heavy duty black bin bags,

whether gay or straight or bender.

:D:lol:

Sorry. That was the first thing that came into my head when I read your post.

Guest Hova

Was born in Darlo so always looked out for their results and went to a few games when I was younger. Hope someone rescues them :D

My ex was a Darlo fan so Im gutted to see that they are going out of buisness . I up there working and the ground is amazing for a league two team but in all honesty it must of been the stadium that killed the club .

Think it was basically a game of brinkmanship between the current owner and the council, to try and get planning restrictions lifted to allow more regular uses for the stadium and development of the area around it, add to that the credit crunch and it seems to have backfire on all involved in the political game.

George Reynolds?

When he lost all his money my mate seen him in Somerfield getting two for one toilet roll.

Come and get your black bin bags,

on offer 'til December.

Heavy duty black bin bags,

whether gay or straight or bender.

<_<:(

Sorry. That was the first thing that came into my head when I read your post.

:) Class.