about to resign

trophyshy

After weeks, actually months of thinking of getting out of this soul destroying place I am literally just about to quit.

I have nothing to go to but a fair bit of cash behind me. I want to totally change career but not certain to what yet, I am just losing integrity here daily because I couldn't give a fuck.

The thought of quitting makes me both happy and anxious.

Has anyone done something similar and what's your story?

It's gonna happen this afternoon really, I just wanted to hear a success story or two..

Cheers

Not being a party pooper, but is it wise to resign in the current climate, without a job lined up?

I know it's not the success story that you wanted, so here's a picture of a cheeseburger

cheeseburger.jpg

Very bad idea in the current environment. I've resigned a few times but always with somewhere to go to. You'll feel even worse than you do now if you're signing on a year from now.

If you want to leave then find another job first.

Very bad idea in the current environment. I've resigned a few times but always with somewhere to go to. You'll feel even worse than you do now if you're signing on a year from now.

If you want to leave then find another job first.

Is obviously the right answer. No idea what you do but is there any chance of redundancy looming?

fucking hell I knew all the sensible cunts would pile in here. :D

where's the fucking "go for it man" loons?

we are about to merge with another company so there is the chance of redundancy but every day in here is another step along the wrong bastard path, at least the path is littered with beer, shiny things and psychedelics, I guess.

ffs, am I going to HAVE to find another job first?

common sense sucks.

fucking hell I knew all the sensible cunts would pile in here. :D

where's the fucking "go for it man" loons?

we are about to merge with another company so there is the chance of redundancy but every day in here is another step along the wrong bastard path, at least the path is littered with beer, shiny things and psychedelics, I guess.

ffs, am I going to HAVE to find another job first?

common sense sucks.

Basically. Otherwise you'll have to live off savings and I doubt you'll be entitled to any benefit after having voluntarily made yourself unemployed. Also, you've admitted you don't really know what you want to do at the minute. You really need to clarify this before jumping in at the deep end.

Go for the leave of absence method. Tell your boss you're stressed and you need some time to think. Buy a plane ticket to Brazil and send an email when you return letting them know you are weighing your options. They should get shot of you after that. Easy :D

Edited by Sonatine

It's the lack of zest that's boiling my piss. My ebullience has abandoned me/fish.

Here's the real kicker lads, the cunts are about to promote me to executive. Extra £5k plus. BUT if I take that then the notice period rises from one month to three.....tightening the screw you see.

It's the lack of zest that's boiling my piss. My ebullience has abandoned me/fish.

Here's the real kicker lads, the cunts are about to promote me to executive. Extra £5k plus. BUT if I take that then the notice period rises from one month to three.....tightening the screw you see.

Fuck me, stop whinging, look at the state of the Fish, do you want to become him. :D

Okay, your notice will increase but it may be possible to negotiate that at the time so it's not fully honoured. Also, by being on a higher salary band you'll be better equipped to apply for better jobs. Though why they're promoting you fuck knows! :lol:

Fuck me, stop whinging, look at the state of the Fish, do you want to become him. :D

Okay, your notice will increase but it may be possible to negotiate that at the time so it's not fully honoured. Also, by being on a higher salary band you'll be better equipped to apply for better jobs. Though why they're promoting you fuck knows! :D

Hey!

what's wrong with being me? I'm fucking brilliant!

You're just bitter because you're fatter than me and I proved it! :lol:

wrong? wrong what are you babbling about carrot top?

I'm doing fine, just out of a job at the moment, that's all :D

I'm happy as fucking Larry.

Its what I done, BUT I had a master plan first. I really wouldn't suggest a "fuck it" moment with out something in mind. Like others say, especially at the moment.

Bald as fucking Larry David.

I didn't even know you were out of work tbh, I was just abusing you for no reason :lol:

Bald as fucking Larry David.

I didn't even know you were out of work tbh, I was just abusing you for no reason :lol:

He was shattered after he lost his job selling double glazing.

Fish is the Butters of this board. :D

Take no notice of the sensible cunts, get out now before the next 10 years fly by. There will always be reasons to do it later. You will always find income if you want to, it just depends how much you want / need to get by.

I chucked a very well paid, but most hated job in. It was scary at times but I wouldn't change a thing for me personally.

If you go ahead with, I implore you to wait til next week, go to the docs, having g read up on the symptoms of work related stress, and start a lovely 6 month paid holiday next week.

That 6 months will give you time to re-charge and decide what you really want to do with your life.

Aye, ripping off your employers for every penny is the way forward. Or so says the tax-evading hundred-grand a year cabbie. :D

Part of my trouble/blessing is I have a guaranteed income for life...not much but enough to take stock and fuck about for a bit.

It's the burning feeling that I should definitely be doing something else that grows and aches.

I'm on 3 months notice, but if I was to resign they'd send me straight on gardening leave. Which would be fucking immense. 3 months off on full pay.

What company are you bringing down next Rocky?

Edited by Wacky Jnr

If you go ahead with, I implore you to wait til next week, go to the docs, having g read up on the symptoms of work related stress, and start a lovely 6 month paid holiday next week.

Cuntish advice if ever I saw it.