about to resign

trophyshy

After weeks, actually months of thinking of getting out of this soul destroying place I am literally just about to quit.

I have nothing to go to but a fair bit of cash behind me. I want to totally change career but not certain to what yet, I am just losing integrity here daily because I couldn't give a fuck.

The thought of quitting makes me both happy and anxious.

Has anyone done something similar and what's your story?

It's gonna happen this afternoon really, I just wanted to hear a success story or two..

Cheers

Great idea, you'll never look back. :D

Part of my trouble/blessing is I have a guaranteed income for life...not much but enough to take stock and fuck about for a bit.

It's the burning feeling that I should definitely be doing something else that grows and aches.

Okay I've got to admit, that's piqued my interest TS!

So what is it then...some sort of disability benefit or royalties from your novelty xmas number 1 in Afghanistan?

wrong? wrong what are you babbling about carrot top?

I'm doing fine, just out of a job at the moment, that's all :D

I'm happy as fucking Larry.

Bald as fucking Larry David.

I didn't even know you were out of work tbh, I was just abusing you for no reason :D

He was shattered after he lost his job selling double glazing.

Fish is the Butters of this board. :icon_lol:

:lol:

I can't believe I'm not Butters.

I couldnt leave a job without one to go to, I'd worry meself silly!!

My other half did it, though slightly different as he left his job of 29 years (just couldnt stand it anymore) and set up his own business just over a year ago, never looked back tbh! Dodgy time to do it I agree, but worked for us.

Part of my trouble/blessing is I have a guaranteed income for life...not much but enough to take stock and fuck about for a bit.

It's the burning feeling that I should definitely be doing something else that grows and aches.

So what is it then...some sort of disability benefit or royalties from your novelty xmas number 1 in Afghanistan?

pennies from heaven mate, the missus' pension.

only about £9k a year but enough to live in Thailand or Bolivia or somesuch no worries.

it's a mixed blessing for sure. At the minute it just means I drink DAB or Peroni instead of Fosters!

Guest Stevie
After weeks, actually months of thinking of getting out of this soul destroying place I am literally just about to quit.

I have nothing to go to but a fair bit of cash behind me. I want to totally change career but not certain to what yet, I am just losing integrity here daily because I couldn't give a fuck.

It's gonna happen this afternoon really, I just wanted to hear a success story or two..

Cheers

If you've got a decent personality and can sell, high end recruitment is rewarding financially and in terms of job satisfaction. You need a change, office jobs have you like battery hens, you feel yourself becoming one of them boring cunts, almost losing the will to live. There should be a personality test for everyone who takes admin jobs, if you have one you should be discounted straight away.

pennies from heaven mate, the missus' pension.

only about £9k a year but enough to live in Thailand or Bolivia or somesuch no worries.

it's a mixed blessing for sure. At the minute it just means I drink DAB or Peroni instead of Fosters!

Fair play to you old son and I can understand how that is an additional factor in the decision making. The security means it's more of an option to just jack it in, but equally it can militate against you shifting your arse if/when you do.

Tbf though as long as you stay off the Fosters you can't go far wrong in life.

Guest Stevie
Take no notice of the sensible cunts, get out now before the next 10 years fly by. There will always be reasons to do it later. You will always find income if you want to, it just depends how much you want / need to get by.

I chucked a very well paid, but most hated job in. It was scary at times but I wouldn't change a thing for me personally.

If you go ahead with, I implore you to wait til next week, go to the docs, having g read up on the symptoms of work related stress, and start a lovely 6 month paid holiday next week.

That 6 months will give you time to re-charge and decide what you really want to do with your life.

Couldn't agree with that more. Actually some of it is applicable to me, find every way possible of fiddling organisations you have no respect for, and in the process evaluating where you want your life to go.

Cheers

I quit teaching and make about twice as much money now- does that count as a success story?

(It probably shouldn't- I hate this job and miss feeling like I'm doing something productive with my life).

I quit a job on the spot once when they told me they were putting me back onto night shift, spend 6 weeks wanking, sleeping and shitting, then got a new job pretty much straight away once i applied myself to get one, only bad thing was i met Wacky in this new job, so lessons learned are you gotta take the rough with the smooth. :D

Decent chance of getting a job where I'll be working three 12hr shifts, the other four days off. The money is ok, and the job sounds varied and stimulating enough to keep my interest for while at least. Given that it's a temp contract I'm not going to stress out about getting stagnant in the role.

What it will allow me to do is start doing more things that I enjoy and that could make me some money. If I can get a bit of cash to one side I'll be able to subsidise my own comedy night and not be such a risky proposition for venues and acts. If I can afford to cover the first few gigs myself, I won't need to split the door, or anything like that.

Best of both worlds really, free time for what I want to do, but a relatively steady income to cover bills and rent and such. :D

fingers crossed eh?

Follow your gut everytime.

some of the fat bastards on here don't have much choice :D

I'm thinner than the lot of you

Take no notice of the sensible cunts, get out now before the next 10 years fly by. There will always be reasons to do it later. You will always find income if you want to, it just depends how much you want / need to get by.

I chucked a very well paid, but most hated job in. It was scary at times but I wouldn't change a thing for me personally.

If you go ahead with, I implore you to wait til next week, go to the docs, having g read up on the symptoms of work related stress, and start a lovely 6 month paid holiday next week.

That 6 months will give you time to re-charge and decide what you really want to do with your life.

Aye, ripping off your employers for every penny is the way forward. Or so says the tax-evading hundred-grand a year cabbie. :D

I pay taxes, to those thieving scumbags mps with their noses so far in the trough it's fucking unbelievable.

Life is one big game and everyone, yes everyone has work or tax fiddle of some sort. Whether it's big organisations avoiding tax, or health workers nicking bandages etc.

Fuck off man, not everyone is a tax evader or a fraudster like you. Don't judge everyone by your own non-existent standards, and don't make excuses because of other like-minded fraudsters.

Edited by Renton

Cheers

I quit teaching and make about twice as much money now- does that count as a success story?

(It probably shouldn't- I hate this job and miss feeling like I'm doing something productive with my life).

Then it's not a success story. No point having loadsa dosh if you detest Monday - Friday. Just eats away at you.

The pursuit of happiness --- the be all and end all in life.

It amazes me how miserable some people are, yet are too frightened to make a change.

That's what the drugs and booze are for mate! :D

Nah, in all seriousness, had I not been on a behavior changing anti-depressant at the time, I'm 99% sure I would've never quit teaching and just been happy having a little less.

Aye, ripping off your employers for every penny is the way forward. Or so says the tax-evading hundred-grand a year cabbie. :lol:

I pay taxes, to those thieving scumbags mps with their noses so far in the trough it's fucking unbelievable.

Life is one big game and everyone, yes everyone has work or tax fiddle of some sort. Whether it's big organisations avoiding tax, or health workers nicking bandages etc.

Fuck off man, not everyone is a tax evader or a fraudster like you. Don't judge everyone by your own non-existent standards, and don't make excuses because of other like-minded fraudsters.

013_1095142066.gif it's no good for your health. :D

.....and Renton, the shining White knight, rode off into the sunset, making sure not to exceed the 30mph speed limit, to continue his sin free sanctimonius lifestyle in perfect harmony with the earth....

Fucking knob!

Not claiming to be a saint CT but I wouldn't ever do what you propose. For five reasons:

1) If you don't like your employment, be proactive and do something about it. But it makes you a hypocrite to accept your wages whilst ripping your employer off.

2) Probably what bothers me most (from personal experience) is the fact that you are effectively ripping your colleagues off too. Who do you think has to take the slack while you enjoy your six month sabbatical? And what's worse, the company could have been using that time to find a replacement whilst you take the piss, and given someone deserving a job.

3) You're also ripping off the NHS and wasting doctor's time.

4) It makes things harder for people with genuine illnesses to be taken seriously.

5) Basically it means you have no self-respect.

Now, I appreciate this is a messageboard and not a place for moralising, but if you think that's all OK then it makes you are no better than a benefit-cheating dole waller imo. What do you think of benefit cheats then out of interest?

.....and Renton, the shining White knight, rode off into the sunset, making sure not to exceed the 30mph speed limit, to continue his sin free sanctimonius lifestyle in perfect harmony with the earth....

Fucking knob!

Not claiming to be a saint CT but I wouldn't ever do what you propose. For five reasons:

1) If you don't like your employment, be proactive and do something about it. But it makes you a hypocrite to accept your wages whilst ripping your employer off.

2) Probably what bothers me most (from personal experience) is the fact that you are effectively ripping your colleagues off too. Who do you think has to take the slack while you enjoy your six month sabbatical? And what's worse, the company could have been using that time to find a replacement whilst you take the piss, and given someone deserving a job.

4) It makes things harder for people with genuine illnesses to be taken seriously.

Now, I appreciate this is a messageboard and not a place for moralising, but if you think that's all OK then it makes you are no better than a benefit-cheating dole waller imo. What do you think of benefit cheats then out of interest?

sermon-on-the-mount.jpg

My Rule of thumb:

If I leave a job - Massive pay rise

If they want me to leave - big chunk off the mortgage.

I would never consider being a doley because I would rather die than sit on my ass all day not having two pennies to rub together.

So what happened TS?

If you want my advice, its easy discovering what you dont want to do, the trick is working out what you want to do. Once you've sorted that out, it all tends to fall into place. Harder than it sounds.

Fucking knob!

I could ask what makes you not a saint? what are your shady dealings ? Obviously its ok for you to do whatever it is that you do, but not for a builder to stick in a claim for an extra pair of boots....Give over.

You might drive at 40 in a 30. Thats far worse imo than a nurse nicking a couple of plasters to fill up her medicine cupboard at home..

Never had a sick day when you could have struggled in?

I could discuss all this with you, but frankly my boy, I dont like your tone. You have jumped up on your high horse over a jokey thread and been quite unpleasant in your remarks, if not even slanderous.

As such, I suggest you either stop drinking so much coffee, get laid or stick to playing with fop. You are too serious for me.

Sometimes people say things on this board that truely stick in my throat CT, and this was one of them. I've been in a situation where I've been shafted by colleagues doing exactly what you have suggested, quite simply it boils my piss for the reasons I gave, not one of which you care to answer. So yeah, it was/is a light-hearted thread but don't expect to say any old shit unchallenged.

Anyway CT you're not being entirely consistent with your life story. In this thread you suggest you voluntarily left a high paid job to become a taxi driver - 'I chucked a very well paid, but most hated job in.' . That admittedly seems unlikely and is at odds with another thread where you suggest you were made redundant and took up taxiing to save yourself financially - 'I went from nearly 100,000 a year to £50 dole with a nice big mortgage and it saved by bacon'. Hardly an inspired career move then, and thus your advice on this thread is irrelevant. No doubt you will say you were talking about a different time in your life etc but you come across as a bullshitter to me. Try and prove that's slanderous if you like. Or return to petty insults, whatever.

Guest alex

Basically mate, I'd think long and hard before chucking your job in without another one lined up. Sorry if this is 24 hours too late. Good luck anyway.

I quit a job on the spot once when they told me they were putting me back onto night shift, spend 6 weeks wanking, sleeping and shitting, then got a new job pretty much straight away once i applied myself to get one, only bad thing was i met Wacky in this new job, so lessons learned are you gotta take the rough with the smooth. :D

Fucking hell, MacDonalds open at night these days?