Berbatov: The most pointless signing of the season?

Park Life

"The Bulgarian forward has always been something of an enigma but his £30.75million move to Old Trafford was meant to mark his ascension to the upper realms of the football world. Instead Berbatov appears to have gone backwards. His anonymous showings have become increasingly conspicuous (if that's possible), and his goal return (13 goals in 37 matches) has hardly set the world alight. On Sunday, he couldn't even be bothered to take his penalty in the FA Cup semi-final shoot-out against Everton properly, languidly shuffling up and gently rolling the ball along the floor to the waiting Tim Howard. The sad fact is, that penalty miss is probably Berbatov's most significant act in a United shirt, yet he still keeps the superb Tevez out."

Strange signing. A pacey counter attacking side signing a lolloper.

13 goals and how many assists.

He hasn't looked like a £30m player but he has still been useful for them. I can think of more pointless signings.

This.

He does seem to be getting some bad press lately, but his significance to the Man U is surely better than the stuff we are hearing/reading. And his languid approach is nothing new tbh.

He hasn't looked like a £30m player but he has still been useful for them. I can think of more pointless signings.

I could rack that up playing with those players tbftbstbs...

I am sure you could :D

Makes you wonder why they didn't sign Shola for £4m instead, silly Alex Ferguson.

David Bentley epitomises a pointless signing.

Its a case of Lennon keeping him out of the team rather than Bentley being useless.

I honestly hope we keep him

Its a case of Lennon keeping him out of the team rather than Bentley being useless.

He has looked pretty useless though...

I am sure you could :lol:

Makes you wonder why they didn't sign Shola for £4m instead, silly Alex Ferguson.

Darren Fletcher. I rest my case. :D

Not saying he's useless, but what was the point in signing him?

13 goals and 10 assists.

Not exactly 30 mil material but certainly not pointless by any means, especially with the amount of class they have up front.

Whoever wrote that needs to have a word.

15 Goals and 11 assists last season so it's pretty much the same return.

Although probably in less games.