Berbatov: The most pointless signing of the season?

Park Life

13 goals and 10 assists.

Not exactly 30 mil material but certainly not pointless by any means, especially with the amount of class they have up front.

Whoever wrote that needs to have a word.

You talk alot of sense as a United fan who goes to the games more often then not I have from time to time wondered whether it was the right move to sign him .

But I thought he played well yesterday and his control and pass for Teves goal was class .

Maybe he is a little slower then his team mates and I think that is the reason why he is getting less shots in at United because of his lack of pace to keep up with our breaks .

The outcome of this is this really Id rather he played for us then against so therefore he is usefull option .

Surely Xisco was more pointless, and Bullard - cost a lot and barely played, offering nothing. I'm sure Berbatov has been at least 7 times more useful than either of them, so pound for pound has been less pointless

Surely Xisco was more pointless, and Bullard - cost a lot and barely played, offering nothing. I'm sure Berbatov has been at least 7 times more useful than either of them, so pound for pound has been less pointless

LOL!! Surely Hull have a case to sue Fulham for selling them damaged goods why the hell his Hull sign him Fulham were reluctant to give him a new contract even though he'd been there best player for a few years .

Football has gone mad

13 goals and 10 assists.

Not exactly 30 mil material but certainly not pointless by any means, especially with the amount of class they have up front.

Whoever wrote that needs to have a word.

You talk alot of sense as a United fan who goes to the games more often then not I have from time to time wondered whether it was the right move to sign him .

But I thought he played well yesterday and his control and pass for Teves goal was class .

Maybe he is a little slower then his team mates and I think that is the reason why he is getting less shots in at United because of his lack of pace to keep up with our breaks .

The outcome of this is this really Id rather he played for us then against so therefore he is usefull option .

Summing up he's a lazy, fat, overpaid cunt....Who does one trick every five games.

Despite his goal return his overall play just doesnt seem to fit in with Man U's. They would have been better off trying to sign Benzema or Villa for that money.

This is the core of my argument.

Good player. The sort of player they need amongst the flair.

:rolleyes:

Tevez will leave the papers reckon and they'll be left with the lumbering sleep walker.

Liverpool interested apparently. Whilst I think he would be good there, turning down the chance to pair Villa with Torres is crackers!

Despite his goal return his overall play just doesnt seem to fit in with Man U's. They would have been better off trying to sign Benzema or Villa for that money.

I'm surprised he starts ahead of Tevez. Wouldn't be surprised if Berbatov's ditched in due course like Veron

SAF figured they'd need another striker for this season as Ronaldo would be unlikely to score 40 odd goals again, Benzema and Villa were not available last summer, Berbatov was. Hardly the most pointless signing of the season considering those reasons and his actual goal/ assist return which isn't bad at all.

SAF figured they'd need another striker for this season as Ronaldo would be unlikely to score 40 odd goals again, Benzema and Villa were not available last summer, Berbatov was. Hardly the most pointless signing of the season considering those reasons and his actual goal/ assist return which isn't bad at all.

Im pretty sure Lyon would have accepted £31mil for Benzema. Especially if fergie employed his usual tapping up tactics

Guest alex

He allows Man Utd to play in a different way which is a luxury you can afford when you're looking at winning the league and the European Cup.

Im pretty sure Lyon would have accepted £31mil for Benzema. Especially if fergie employed his usual tapping up tactics

Barca (or possible Real Madrid, cant quite remember which) apparently offered 30 for him which was rejected as Benzema said he wouldnt join anyone until the end of this season at the earliest.

Edited by TicTacWoe

He allows Man Utd to play in a different way which is a luxury you can afford when you're looking at winning the league and the European Cup.

Absolutely spot on he is different to Rooney and Tevez who are very similar and gives Man U a different option up front, throw in Ronaldo and the mix is pretty good IMO.

Berbatov is class!

Guest alex

Absolutely spot on he is different to Rooney and Tevez who are very similar and gives Man U a different option up front, throw in Ronaldo and the mix is pretty good IMO.

Berbatov is class!

Can't get my head around people still thinking along the lines of just one XI and only having one way to play etc. That's more me having a go at pundits who go: "Where will x, y and z play if they sign so-and-so?" You hear it all the time.

Liverpool are class, for example, but do they really have a plan B?

Berbatov is class!

Can't get my head around people still thinking along the lines of just one XI and only having one way to play etc. That's more me having a go at pundits who go: "Where will x, y and z play if they sign so-and-so?" You hear it all the time.

they've got 62 plan B's.

Guest alex

Berbatov is class!

they've got 62 plan B's.

I mean effective ones.

Berbatov is class!

they've got 62 plan B's.

I mean effective ones.

Do you now? :rolleyes: