Sundays gossip

paddy

Manchester City are ready to splash out £18m on Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.

(Full story: News of the World)

Meanwhile, Anfield boss Rafael Benitez has been handed a £64m war chest to sign players in the summer and he is keen to tie up an £8m deal for Aston Villa's Gareth Barry as a replacement for Alonso.

Benitez is also set to sell 11 players, including winger Ryan Babel and Andrea Dossena. (News of the World)

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez says he will leave the club in the summer but will stay in England to play with one of their rivals in the Premier League.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is on his way out of the club following a rant at interim manager Guus Hiddink after the club's Champions League semi-final exit. (Sunday Express)

Newcastle striker Michael Owen will be offered the chance to resurrect his career at Celtic this summer. The Scottish giants will give Owen a pay-as-you-play deal worth £50,000 a week plus huge bonuses.

The Magpies are lining up Tottenham striker Darren Bent as Owen's replacement but face competition from Middlesbrough and Sunderland.

Meanwhile Newcastle's controversial midfielder Joey Barton, who has been told he has no future at the club, is wanted by Tottenham, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Bolton. (Sunday Express)

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is set to make a move for Swansea striker Jason Scotland and could get his man for about £2.5m.

Hodgson is also tracking Torino full-back Mateo Rubin, but the Italy under-21 defender could be tempted by Everton instead.

And the Craven Cottage chief will target Sunderland defender Anton Ferdinand if he loses Brede Hangeland to Arsenal.

(Full story: Daily Star on Sunday)

Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone will opt to stay in the Premier League when he leaves Tottenham this summer - although he is wanted by German side Hamburg.

(Full story: Daily Star on Sunday)

Aston Villa are interested in signing £5m-rated Anderlecht centre-back Roland Juhasz.

Portsmouth are planning a £3m swoop for Cardiff defender Roger Johnson as a replacement for Sol Campbell, who will leave on a free transfer in the summer.

Wolves hope to make Standard Liege defender Oguchi Onyewu their first signing since being promoted to the Premier League.

Brighton midfielder Chris Birchall is considering joining David Beckham's MLS side LA Galaxy when his contract expires in the summer.

OTHER GOSSIP

Chelsea have issued AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelloti a take-it-or-leave it ultimatum over becoming Blues boss this summer.

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has backed Manchester United's bid for Darren Fletcher to play in the Champions League final, saying he would not be disappointed if the red card the midfielder received against Arsenal was rescinded.

Uefa president Michel Platini has revealed he fears for the future of football in England, saying he feels the game is being lost to people who only want money.

(Full story: Mail on Sunday)

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton is planning to return to the club's training ground in eight days, despite being told by boss Alan Shearer that he is not welcome.

Referee Tom Henning Ovrebo, who took charge of Chelsea's Champions League semi-final against Barcelona, has been ordered by Uefa to refile his match report. The governing body wants more detail before bringing charges against the Blues.

And Blues striker Didier Drogba, who appeared to verbally abuse Ovrebo after the match, his side were knocked out by Barcelona, faces a ban of up to six months according a to a Uefa official.

(Full story: Sunday People)

Former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd will try to buy the club back from Mike Ashley if they are relegated.

Magpies stand-in boss Alan Shearer will consider signing a four-year deal worth £4m a year if he gets assurances there will not cost-cutting at the club.

(Full story: Sunday People)

Robinho has insisted Manchester City will be crowned Premier League champions inside the next two years.

(Full story: Sunday Mirror)

Russian bilionaire Alisher Usmanov has claimed the Gunners are not strong enough and need his money now. (News of the World)

Guus Hiddink is lining up a job in the Chelsea boardroom, returning to the club as an advisor after the autumn once his contract with the Russian national side expires.

Frank Rijkaard is being lined up as Manchester City manager for next season if the club's owners from Abu Dhabi decided current boss Mark Hughes cannot steer them into the Champions League.

Stoke manager Tony Pulis is set to collect a £500,000 bonus for keeping the club in the Premier League. he will also be offered a new three-year deal on wages of about £1m a year.

AND FINALLY

Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini is dating the cousin of Manchester United striker and former Toffee Wayne Rooney after spotting her on Facebook. (News of the World)

i would love to see Barton back at the training ground in 8 days, just to see Shearer kick 7 shades of shit out the bindipping scouse knob

No 'NUFC in for ace Tevez'

or

'NUFC swoop for Berbatov'

or

'NUFC in talks with Mourinho'

?????? I am surprised.

Those days may be over mate

Meanwhile Newcastle's controversial midfielder Joey Barton, who has been told he has no future at the club, is wanted by Tottenham, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Bolton. (Sunday Express)

They can have him for nowt just to laugh at Danny B.

Edited by Happy Face

They can have him for nowt just to laugh at Danny B.

King and Barton at the Christmas party would be interesting. <_<

Edited by Danny B

Thank God there may be competition for Joey Barton!

Someone on my favourite Rovers site is certain that Sam will watch you guys tonight and consider a bid for Martins and Beye. Not sure if that is good or bad myself.

Thank God there may be competition for Joey Barton!

Someone on my favourite Rovers site is certain that Sam will watch you guys tonight and consider a bid for Martins and Beye. Not sure if that is good or bad myself.

Beye is class, Martins not so.

Beye is a central defender isn't he? I guess he'll be brought in to replace Oujier (however you spell it). Perhaps you should try to ask for a part-exchange for Zurab Khisanishvilli-he is a very under rated player, and I feel sorry for him sitting on the bench all the time.

Beye is a central defender isn't he? I guess he'll be brought in to replace Oujier (however you spell it). Perhaps you should try to ask for a part-exchange for Zurab Khisanishvilli-he is a very under rated player, and I feel sorry for him sitting on the bench all the time.

Aye we'll swop one of our best players for someone who was at best average in the SPL.... <_<

Beye plays mainly at right back and is absolute quality, not just ability but attitude aswell. Should be our captain. If he was to leave I think he would go to a better club than yours though <_<

Beye is a right-back, but can also play at cb.

I did say part exchange, and he is actually pretty good. Low wages, quiet, gets on with his job etc. the sort of player you could do with. You're not having Samba though.

We wouldn't swap.

Its like saying we will give you Geremi for Ryan Nelson <_<